US Politics

Rich

It's like he wants to get removed from office... yet the GOP is not letting him... it's surreal. 

I made the prediction on the day of his election that he would be impeached and removed in 30 months of him taking office... I seem to be wrong- I had no idea the depths of cowardice and lack of honour the GOP have... 

3 hours ago, Zontar said:

Completely partisan process results in completely partisan outcome. If only we could have seen this coming. ..

what makes it partisan? Calling it partisan implies that you believe that Trump has done nothing wrong... Do you believe that and please explain why you think this behaviour is acceptable. Please note that "both sides" is not an acceptable answer as I have tried to tell you many times. 

Hell there he is flat out admitting he's done what got him impeached. Do you believe that congressional oversight is a partisan thing?

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

what makes it partisan? Calling it partisan implies that you believe that Trump has done nothing wrong... Do you believe that and please explain why you think this behaviour is acceptable. Please note that "both sides" is not an acceptable answer as I have tried to tell you many times. 

Hell there he is flat out admitting he's done what got him impeached. Do you believe that congressional oversight is a partisan thing?

Pelosi promised that any impeachment  ( which Democrats vowed the day he was elected) would have to be bi partisan, which is the standard. With a weak to non existent case pelosi couldn't achieve it. Which is why she stalled all that time. Without it impeachment would look like just another partisan hatchet job.

Against her political instincts she caved and was forced to pull the impeachment switch after she was pressured by the party's far leftist base. She essentially threw he historic standard out the window for party expediency in an election year. 

Like Mueller this farce will be memory holed and a new "walls are closing in" story will be manufactured. 

5 hours ago, Zontar said:

With a weak to non existent case pelosi couldn't achieve it. Which is why she stalled all that time. Without it impeachment would look like just another partisan hatchet job.

That case is iron-*******-clad. The obstruction of Justice article alone should be enough to remove him from office- using the traditional standard. 

You call it a weak case- please explain, I am curious as to why you think this.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Also the mueller investigation was only a sham because republicans chose to ignore the fact that mueller found a pile of crimes.

I would also love to see a source on the dems planning impeachment from day one... that seems like yet more projection cause it was actually republicans who were planning on starting impeachment the day clinton was sworn in had she won. 

3 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

That case is iron-*******-clad. The obstruction of Justice article alone should be enough to remove him from office- using the traditional standard. 

You call it a weak case- please explain, I am curious as to why you think this.

Never clearly proven. A case built entirely on heresay starting with a "whistleblower"  who was never identified and not allowed to testify or be questioned at all.

Phone transcript was so damaging to their  case they had to edit and lie about its contents

Inquiry was rigged as bad or worse than what Democrats are crying now. Inquiry never allowed Republicans to call witnesses and questions for the hand picked Democrat witnesses were curtailed.

But most important Democrats never showed or even attempted to demonstrate how the supposed offenses either harmed the country or the executive branchs ability to do its job which is the ultimate standard for impeachment and removal.

Never even attempted to explain to to the American people how or why involvement with a failed and corrupt state like Ukraine is of vital interest to the country or desirable on any level.

And the Democrats and media allies or wondering aloud why the nation isn't transfixed by it all. 

You are insane you know that right?

You know which party it was that withheld evidence and witnesses right? Here's a hint, the same ones who don't want to have anyone testify in the impeachment trial, which is the real unprecedented thing. 

But hey you probably got some nut job right wing talking point about how that's all democrats too. Fact is trump has done a hell of a lot of things to be worthy of impeachment, but they only chose to go with these 2 very obvious ones. Which Republicans are just ignoring and holding a sham trial in the senate on. They even admitted to it. So how do you reconcile that?

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I love the idea that it's partisan because the GOP are desperately helping cover it up but its somehow the Dems fault.

I mean, you have to be so far buried in the sand (or somewhere else) to be that absurd and transparent.  

So you're starting to think there won't be a President Pelosi. ?

19 minutes ago, Zontar said:

So you're starting to think there won't be a President Pelosi. ?

Who said there would be.  I realize you're just doing your gimmick but I said from day one Trump wasnt going anywhere.  If he leaves it will be on his own because he's bored and his ego hates the criticism and his laziness hates the work...or a medical.  No President has ever needed re-election as much as Trump because its entirely possible there are sealed indictments waiting for him the day hes out of office.  

I also said the reason the GOP protect him is partially because some of them are likely compromised but mainly because they Trump core is so gross and racist that they wont ever vote for anyone that doesnt share their disgusting values.  None of the right can win with only that base, but they need that base to even have a chance.

Fact is, Trump got his ass handed to him in the last election.  He had Russians cheating for him, he had an opponent who was disliked by a large number of people, a nasty Dem primary, Rudy's crooked FBI agents forcing Comey to make the blunder of the century in smearing Hilary and he STILL got badly beaten in the popular vote.  The GOP is becoming unelectable.

But...if they turn on Trump they will all lose.  Trump represents the only chance they have.  It was, who Graham, that said if they nominate Trump they will be destroyed and will deserve it.  They blew it.  Trump never wanted to win.  He wanted to launch an alt right news network (or more accurately his kids did).  His kids, as they always have done, wanted to ride daddy's coattails into media and politics.  So Trump will never do the right thing for the party...if the Senate removed him, he run anyway (assuming he isnt immediately arrested) and probably form a Trump party.  That would keep all the gross alt right voters.  It would destroy the GOP and elevate the Dems to power for a generation.

So the GOP is now stuck.  If you're a Senator that takes his oath seriously, that doesnt matter.  You do the right thing, vote to remove Trump and run on the truth and let the chips fall where they may.  None of them are willing (look at how many announced their retirement...they know its over).

The *only* way that changes is if public support becomes so overwhelming against Trump that it actually becomes *worse* for the GOP to support him.  Thats unlikely.  Too many of the right are the alt right gross racist bigot jerks.  With them, Dems waltz to victory every time.

Thats why you hear that so many in the GOP hate Trump.  But they're stuck.  They have no one to blame but themselves.  They nominated the idiot and now they've destroyed themselves.

Not a single conservative voter supports Trump without also sharing his gross racist, rapist values.  Period.  No one says "I really hate the culture of the KKK but darn it, their economic policy is good enough to vote for."  If you support Trump, you share his bigoted values.

Trump will be acquitted by the Senate.  He will lose the election.  He will whine and cry about being cheated.  He will explore throwing out the results.  He will be dragged out of the white house.  A Dem admin will finally reveal that what we know now was nothing compared to how bad it really is, how low this admin and the GOP have sunk.  It will be a the worst political scandal in American history.

Or the Dems, who have a habit of being their own worst enemies will piss it all away trying to rip each other apart and the GOP will cheat their way back to power.  

Edited by The Unknown Poster

21 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

21 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Or the Dems, who have a habit of being their own worst enemies will piss it all away trying to rip each 

That or allow the party to be dragged so far to the left  by identity politics  and lunatic policies and thus field an incredibly weak, unelectable  group of candidates .

Edited by Zontar

3 minutes ago, Zontar said:

That or allow the party to be dragged so far to the left  by identity politics  and lunatic policies and thus field an incredibly weak, unelectable  group of candidates .

Nah.  Here;s the thing, I know you equate far left with being worse than the alt right but it isnt true.  Someone who's worse trait is they want free health care, free tuition etc is not the same as someone that wants all Muslims and Mexicans locked in cages and who support white supremacy.  

The far left can be objectionable on policy.  The far right is objectionable on morality.

33 minutes ago, johnzo said:

yeah, and the "far left" in American politics is somewhere around the center everywhere else in the world.  Government-sponsored health care and tuition are not controversial things to offer for most of the developed nations in the world.

And the Democrats refusal to attempt  to pass universal health care, when they had President, senate, house, was a craven failure. If they had done that, the Republicans would have been gone for a good long while. They had every excuse in the book, for why they couldn't do it. They still say they "can't".

This is why the old guard Democrats, Pelosi, Biden, Hillary, need to be dumped. They are definitely standing in the way of real progress.

Not just for the USA, but for the entire planet.

They've got their stack, everyone else can **** right off.

Edited by Mark F