US Politics

Rich

3 hours ago, Zontar said:

The "backlash" is actually the realization of how phoney and hypocritical it all is. I used Clinton as an example because by your own woke standard he should have been among the first to be driven out of public life.

Question: how many democrats have left the party or resigned their elected posts because of sex crimes or lurid allegations in the 2010s?

I bet you can't answer this.

Edited by johnzo

3 hours ago, Zontar said:

The "backlash" is actually the realization of how phoney and hypocritical it all is. I used Clinton as an example because by your own woke standard he should have been among the first to be driven out of public life.

Woke SJW culture is nothing more than a cover for the quest for power and control over people they can't convince with logic. You use words equality and fairness without a hint of irony.

Stop wondering why people oppose woke culture because I just told you why. If you keep furnishing examples I'll probably keep pointing it 

Was Clinton not impeached? What else do you want? 

Remember he brought up Clinton because people were critical of Trump choosing Dershowitz and Start as his defenders in the senate.  It was to distract from that and to defend the allegations of child rape.  Weird eh?  Clinton has nothing to do with what’s happening now.  Irrelevant point he brought up. 

oh speaking of Dershowitz 

9 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

How he’s even still allowed to troll these threads is beyond me.  I think maybe this thread has been abandoned lol. Which is actually probably better than the alternative. 

Correct. If this thread required any more suspensions, it would probably meet its demise.  lol

There is only one alternative left at this point. lol

On 2020-01-18 at 4:43 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

Either the White House is so stupid they don’t realize removing trump elevates pence to president or they’re really, really worried about Pence.... 

Trump goes down then Pence is next one to face impeachment. There is plenty of evidence to incriminate him regarding Ukraine and lots of Trump's other crimes. The GOP will do whatever they can to keep the dominoes from falling so there isn't a President Pelosi.

18 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

Trump goes down then Pence is next one to face impeachment. There is plenty of evidence to incriminate him regarding Ukraine and lots of Trump's other crimes. The GOP will do whatever they can to keep the dominoes from falling so there isn't a President Pelosi.

If they were smart they’d remove trump and quickly confirm a popular vp to protect against a pence impeachment 

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If they were smart they’d remove trump and quickly confirm a popular vp to protect against a pence impeachment 

I googled the scenario and the few results I found indicated Pence could name a VP but Pelosi would still become President if Pence was also removed from that Office.

Edited by Jacquie

38 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

I googled the scenario and the few results I found indicated Pence could name a VP but Pelosi would still become President if Pence was also removed from that Office.

If pence nominated a vp who was confirmed by the senate and then he was impeached and removed the vp would become president.  She’d only become president in the absence of a VP.  

This was a real concern during Nixon actually, as his VP was likely to be impeached.  They quickly replaced him with ford. 

12 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If pence nominated a vp who was confirmed by the senate and then he was impeached and removed the vp would become president.  She’d only become president in the absence of a VP.  

This was a real concern during Nixon actually, as his VP was likely to be impeached.  They quickly replaced him with ford. 

From what I've read that VP would not slide into the line of succession. The line starts with Trump, then Pence and then Pelosi. The new VP would only be included in the line if Pence and the VP won the next election.

Agnew resigned and was replace by Ford before the Articles of Impeachment could be presented against Nixon so Ford was the VP for the line of succession. 

3 hours ago, Jacquie said:

From what I've read that VP would not slide into the line of succession. The line starts with Trump, then Pence and then Pelosi. The new VP would only be included in the line if Pence and the VP won the next election.

Agnew resigned and was replace by Ford before the Articles of Impeachment could be presented against Nixon so Ford was the VP for the line of succession. 

I don’t think so. I mean you may be right. But once pence is sworn in as president he’d have the right to nominate a new VP.  I don’t think the senate would confirm though, so close to an election so it wouldn’t matter. And they sure as heck wouldn’t impeach pence if trump was gone.  They’d never elevate Nancy.