US Politics

Rich

1 hour ago, Zontar said:

Wait'll you hear about Bill Clinton, prez for 8 years, serial sexual predator still gets invited to Democrat fundraisers. May well have sat next to Dershowitz on Epstein pedo flights.

I find it intriguing that you think one persons issues exonerate they other.  It’s like you are totally fine with a child rapist  as long as someone else sexually harassed someone.  Weird.  

Ofcourse no evidence of clinton being involved while Dershowitz is in a law suit right now and has a history of defending sexual assault and child rape.  Why is it relevant?  Cause he’s defending trump in the senate. Is Clinton? No. So stop trolling. 

43 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I find it intriguing that you think one persons issues exonerate they other.  It’s like you are totally fine with a child rapist  as long as someone else sexually harassed someone.  Weird.  

Ofcourse no evidence of clinton being involved while Dershowitz is in a law suit right now and has a history of defending sexual assault and child rape.  Why is it relevant?  Cause he’s defending trump in the senate. Is Clinton? No. So stop trolling. 

Want to be taken seriously as a "progressive" and your moral outrage hold credibility ? ? Apply your standards to everything, everyone. Be fearless dont be a partisan sheep.

Honestly I don't see anyone dismissing Clinton's shenanigans with women... but indo read a lot of "if he's a pedo punish him too" and invoke the name of Harvey Weinstein as well... why? Do you see anyone anywhere defending that guy? A whole movement started when his bullshit came to light.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Because ignorance must be battled lest it become accepted.

I agree; Thanks for doing it.

It's much easier to publish fact free lies, than rebut them with facts. And you can spend a lot of time chasing down their idiotic rumours, like

Zontar's "millions of illegal voters". Zontar doesn't care, he/she is glad if you waste your time doing that.

For me, I am tired of these right wing dolts. They are filled with hate, and it seems to  energize them.

Same as the idiots publishing drivel about climate change. Can't be bothered anymore.

glad others here are willing to do it.

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Because ignorance must be battled lest it become accepted.

How he’s even still allowed to troll these threads is beyond me.  I think maybe this thread has been abandoned lol. Which is actually probably better than the alternative. 

the most glaring thing to me is him going on about Clinton as a means to distract from the lawyers trump appointed to defend him as if there is any relevancy. If the House appoints Bill Clinton, then it’s fair game.  Imagine being someone so consumed with embracing the racist gross alt right that you’d have to rey and distract Negative discussion on a message board in Winnipeg.  That’s next level delusion.  

52 minutes ago, Goldkobra said:

What the hell does that mean? 

The “woke” blacklash. It’s hilarious.  Strong effort to make things like equality and fairness seem bad.  Which they are i suppose if you’re a bigoted white male who has had free reign for so long.  

But it’s transparent to most people.  Bigots.  

54 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The “woke” blacklash. It’s hilarious.  Strong effort to make things like equality and fairness seem bad.  Which they are i suppose if you’re a bigoted white male who has had free reign for so long.  

But it’s transparent to most people.  Bigots.  

The "backlash" is actually the realization of how phoney and hypocritical it all is. I used Clinton as an example because by your own woke standard he should have been among the first to be driven out of public life.

Woke SJW culture is nothing more than a cover for the quest for power and control over people they can't convince with logic. You use words equality and fairness without a hint of irony.

Stop wondering why people oppose woke culture because I just told you why. If you keep furnishing examples I'll probably keep pointing it out.

Here it is in a nutshell

"Only one major political party — the modern Republican party — treats criminal, traitorous behavior as a moral good and highly desirable (because it advances GOP interests). The terrible reality of our time and place is that the GOP has openly embraced corruption, criminality, intolerance, racism, treason, and ostrich-like behavior as core party values. And if you won’t tolerate the criminality, even if you’re otherwise a complete rightwing nut job? Get out of the GOP. The ones that are left are just fine leveraging criminality and treason."

https://digbysblog.net/