US Politics

Rich

21 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Gop coronating trump as king they let all this new evidence disappear.   But yeah Bernie vs Liz is definitely the big news of the day lol 

To be fair- the Lev Parnas thing took place at night and it is a new thing that came out of left field- everyone had an eye on the bernie vs Liz thing

The Lev stuff will blow up tomorrow.

The clowns are marching in now. Press secretary trying to laugh off Parnas since he had a company called fraud guarantee. Ummmm so why was rudy working with him?   Trying to say well what he says about rudy has nothing to do with trump.  

man...they really are going to throw rudy under the bus aren’t they. 

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The clowns are marching in now. Press secretary trying to laugh off Parnas since he had a company called fraud guarantee. Ummmm so why was rudy working with him?   Trying to say well what he says about rudy has nothing to do with trump.  

Like Cohen

12 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I don't think that is Zontar's stance. I think it has more to do with the fact he is fed up with the perceived double standards of the progressive left and the things that the progressives do that smack of hypocrisy... I think he feels that those that support a liberal and progressive agenda think that there is no wrong on the left (there clearly is) and it is only the right that perpetrates wrong doings... which is fair- many of us call out all the regressive policies and racism and so on and so on... yet we don't really criticize the left.  For example, Bernie basically called Warren a liar on national tv last night, and no one is really trashing him for it here. 

@Zontar takes it a few degrees further, but I don't think he supports trump- I think he just tries to remind us that as we criticize trump and the alt-right that we never criticize those harmfull things that the left have done... it smacks of whataboutism, but I think in his case, it's more - you should treat egregiousness the same regardless of left or right or what ever tribe you subscribe to... and, yeah- he's not wrong. 

Obama doubled down with the illegal drone strike program, bailed out wall street, shat all over Flint Michigan, continued pretty much what his predecessor did in terms of government ( the big things, the things that stay consistent from admin to admin) and the left only see rainbows coming outta his ass... and wish that he was back to shoot hoops and wax musical with a bit of Al Green. 

So, I understand where Zontar is coming from- I don't agree with him on a lot of politics, but he does have a few points when it comes to a double standard.

No that is wrong. He hand waves away major offenses and tries to create false equivalencies. There is now right or left, only objectivity. The left does stuff bad I call them out too, but nothing the left does is anywhere close to as bad as what the Republicans are doing, and any attempt to hand wave it away with a dishonest both sides argument is tantamount to endorsing it and saying it is fine. Just so long as those pesky minorities are kept in their place.

4 hours ago, do or die said:

Parnas implicating Trump, Rudy, Pence and Barr.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/478528-parnas-reveals-new-accusations-against-trump-in-maddow-interview

But really, how much of this is some sort of surprise?

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Meanwhile Barr’s DOJ doesn’t care.  Keep in mind this bombshell evidence from Parnas is only public because he asked a judge to allow him to give it to the House. The DOJ has the evidence for weeks and did nothinf with it.  Cover up.  

All of the above... yet no mention of any of the above on fox news... it is insane how dishonestly partisan they are... but look out if you wear a ******* Tan suit.... JHC...

4 hours ago, do or die said:

Pelosi's "delay" in forwarding the Articles of Impeachment..... is certainly making life harder for ole Mitch, what with all the new evidence coming out before the planned show trial.

Interesting isn’t it?  Had she sent them over when the House voted the senate would have acquitted trump already.  They still will but they’ll have to wear it throughout the election that they ignored evidence and refuses to hear from witnesses who wanted to testify. 

6 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

There was a time when fox would at least feign being "fair and balanced"- yeah they don't even try anymore.

Do you think the other networks are fair and balanced ? CNN, for example, pedalled Warrens sexism accusation like it was fact. Hard Pedalled Mueller, Russia-gate, secret meetings in Prague, Steele Dossier, Convington kids...ditto all three networks.

Edited by Zontar

16 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Do you think the other networks are fair and balanced ? CNN pedalled Warrens sexism accusation like it was fact. Hard Pedalled Mueller, Russia-gate, secret meetings in Prague, Steele Dossier, Convington kids...

Well.. not to the level of dishonesty of fox- which is my point. they are not equal in any shape or form. 

WHat news network would you recommend? I am always on the look out for a good one.

As for the Steele Dossier... how much of that dossier has been proven to be wrong? How much of it has proven to be right? 

4 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Well.. not to the level of dishonesty of fox- which is my point. they are not equal in any shape or form. 

WHat news network would you recommend? I am always on the look out for a good one.

As for the Steele Dossier... how much of that dossier has been proven to be wrong? How much of it has proven to be right? 

Steele dossier has been repeatedly debunked .A load of bollocks from the start. IG report showed Comey was warned three seperate times the thing was a lemon...yet proceeded anyway, you know, Orange Man bad gone at any cost etc.

Edited by Zontar

22 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Steele dossier has been repeatedly debunked .A load of bollocks from the start. IG report showed Comey was warned three seperate times the thing was a lemon...yet proceeded anyway, you know, Orange Man bad gone at any cost etc.

Specifics. As far as I know, none of the Steele dossier was actually proven to be bunk. Please show me, as I was also surprised that nothing in the Dossier was proven to be false- some of it, uncorroborated, yes- but nothing proven to be false.

Also, what news networks are trusted to be unbiased? I honestly would like to know which are the better ones, if you have any suggestions- send em my way.

6 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Specifics. As far as I know, none of the Steele dossier was actually proven to be bunk. Please show me, as I was also surprised that nothing in the Dossier was proven to be false- some of it, uncorroborated, yes- but nothing proven to be false.

Also, what news networks are trusted to be unbiased? I honestly would like to know which are the better ones, if you have any suggestions- send em my way.

Network news is hopelessly corporatized. Their allegiance lies there and  not to "journalism". Nuggets of reality ?, sure, But overall they are all compromised. Fox, CNN, NBC (Weinstein who?), all of them. Anyone who uses them to get their info is a fool, imo.

If there was even a molecule of truth to the dossier an anything in the Mueller Report it would have been used to buttress the impeachment charge and strengthen the garbage case they have now.

Mueller Report and everything with it, all the hype, has been unsurpringly memory holed by everyone except the hardcore conspiracists

1 hour ago, Zontar said:

Hahaha no it hasn’t!!! The Steele dossier has been mostly confirmed.  Dude stop believing fox!