US Politics

Rich

So you hate being inclusive and treating people fairly? You hate protecting employees and the environment from employers who want to make the quickest buck? Why is that? Because those are the things progressives are on about.

So why do you favour things that benefit the ultra rich? I assume you aren't one of them. Do you imagine they will share with you?

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Trump is every thing the right stands for. Slash taxes for the wealthy, but regulations, and overt racism and war mongering. Thatis literally what republicans want.

Yet here you are continually carry water for them because you view progress as a dirty word.

Yeah its popular for certain alt right supporters to pretend to be anti trump because its really embarrassing to admit you're a trump fan.  But he's totally their dream.  You see it in how many GOP fell in line behind him and you start to realize that any sense of moderation or centrist-ness was a sham.  If Trump put on a white hood in the Oval office, the GOP would cheer him on.

4 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Birth control, Ho Chi Minh, Richard Nixon back again
Moonshot, Woodstock, Watergate, punk rock
Begin, Reagan, Palestine, Terror on the airline
Ayatollah's in Iran, Russians in Afghanistan
Wheel of Fortune, Sally Ride, heavy metal, suicide
Foreign debts, homeless Vets, AIDS, Crack, Bernie Goetz
Hypodermics on the shores, China's under martial law
Rock and Roller, Cola wars, I can't take it anymore

Meh, always found Billy Joel a pretentious bore..

just read a post from 3eye bat.

gotta go to the emergency and get this lobster dart removed.

so much sighing and superior knowledge based disdain from Mr bat.

It's So Very Hard to educate the hoi polloi.

Lets all thank him!

Edited by Mark F

23 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Not okay with frittering away the cultural and moral foundation the West was built on so progressives can feel good....about themselves....before moving on to the next fetish

Man- you use a metric shittonne of loaded words. It's impressive, really. Hard to have a real conversation, but impressive nonetheless. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So just to be clear, the reason people like zontar that blindly support regressive harmful politics do so because they view certain people or groups of people seeking equal rights as bad for society. 

From the horses mouth. Willing to let people **** everything up as long as bigotry is ok.

Forgot "intolerance" .

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So just to be clear, the reason people like zontar that blindly support regressive harmful politics do so because they view certain people or groups of people seeking equal rights as bad for society. 

From the horses mouth. Willing to let people **** everything up as long as bigotry is ok.

I don't think that is Zontar's stance. I think it has more to do with the fact he is fed up with the perceived double standards of the progressive left and the things that the progressives do that smack of hypocrisy... I think he feels that those that support a liberal and progressive agenda think that there is no wrong on the left (there clearly is) and it is only the right that perpetrates wrong doings... which is fair- many of us call out all the regressive policies and racism and so on and so on... yet we don't really criticize the left.  For example, Bernie basically called Warren a liar on national tv last night, and no one is really trashing him for it here. 

@Zontar takes it a few degrees further, but I don't think he supports trump- I think he just tries to remind us that as we criticize trump and the alt-right that we never criticize those harmfull things that the left have done... it smacks of whataboutism, but I think in his case, it's more - you should treat egregiousness the same regardless of left or right or what ever tribe you subscribe to... and, yeah- he's not wrong. 

Obama doubled down with the illegal drone strike program, bailed out wall street, shat all over Flint Michigan, continued pretty much what his predecessor did in terms of government ( the big things, the things that stay consistent from admin to admin) and the left only see rainbows coming outta his ass... and wish that he was back to shoot hoops and wax musical with a bit of Al Green. 

So, I understand where Zontar is coming from- I don't agree with him on a lot of politics, but he does have a few points when it comes to a double standard.

12 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Is this all a quote from Kyle?

Do you have a link? 

I would think there would be rioting in the streets... Yeah there is a distinct possibility of cities burning. 

Bernie just tweeted he thinks the guy is a plant... political dirty tricks etc.

Oh you're a sly one, Liz. lol