US Politics

Rich

17 hours ago, Mark F said:

First time in decades that I can recall a country like Iran bombing a US military installation, and no response from America.

The only explanation that makes sense to me, is Putin told Trump to back off. He's the only person Trump listens to and obeys.

Then you would be wailing about Trump escalating things.

When Iran took US sailors hostage OBama did nothing. Stop pretending strange foreign policy decisions began with Trump .

Edited by Zontar

19 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Do you actually read what I post ?

You can't be serious. Why would anyone waste their time reading your biased word diarrhea?

Surely, even someone as ignorant as you could see the irony of telling others on here they're uninformed, not to mention saying "Be better, be smarter." while simultaneously sporting the signature ""If Liberals thought refugees voted Conservative you'd see a border wall from space."

Solid mental gymnastics. It pairs well with deflection and whataboutism.

25 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Then you would be wailing about Trump escalating things.

When Iran took US sailors hostage OBama did nothing. Stop pretending strange foreign policy decisions began with Trump .

We should all be wailing if he did escalate things when Iran clearly gave trump an off ramp- what Mark is saying, it makes no sense that trump wouldn't escalate things unless Putin said no.

I disagree with him... I think its more Netanyahu, MBS and MBZ- they were briefed on it, and now they none of the three want to touch that at all... Bibi said as much. I personally think that they are not ready just yet for war with Iran, it came too soon.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/08/iran-gulf-trump-allies-096382

Obama is not president, trump is. No one is pretending that "strange foreign policy decisions began with trump"- it's just strange that he would back down when 99/100 times,  he doubles down.

Just because we are criticizing trump, doesn't mean we are defending Obama- not sure where you are picking that up from... Obama had huge glaring issues that I took umbrage with...  

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

4 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

We should all be wailing if he did escalate things when Iran clearly gave trump an off ramp- what Mark is saying, it makes no sense that trump wouldn't escalate things unless Putin said no.

I disagree with him... I think its more Netanyahu, MBS and MBZ- they were briefed on it, and now they none of the three want to touch that at all... Bibi said as much. I personally think that they are not ready just yet for war with Iran, it came too soon.

Obama is not president, trump is. No one is pretending that "strange foreign policy decisions began with trump"- it's just strange that he would back down when 99/100 times,  he doubles down.

Just because we are criticizing trump, doesn't mean we are defending Obama- not sure where you are picking that up from... Obama had huge glaring issues that I took umbrage with...  

It's not so much defending or not defending Obama it's just progressives who say they decry hypocrisy in general yet apply a laser focus on Trump only. Comes accross as simple partisan attacks ergo they can't be taken seriously. 

11 minutes ago, Zontar said:

It's not so much defending or not defending Obama it's just progressives who say they decry hypocrisy in general yet apply a laser focus on Trump only. Comes accross as simple partisan attacks ergo they can't be taken seriously. 

Better to decry hypocrisy than to openly embrace it.  You're all partisan all the time.  Its the Trump way.   I mean...thats not even opinion, its fact.  And whataboutism isnt a defense of Trump.  It just isnt.

30 minutes ago, Zontar said:

So... just because some people didn't criticize Obama as much or with as much vigor then they do with trump... their criticism about trump is null and void? Please correct me if I am wrong.  

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

wow this is a big surprise!!! 

Federal prosecutors said Thursday Jan. 9, 2020, that jailhouse video no longer exists of the area around Jeffrey Epstein's jail cell on a day he survived an apparent suicide attempt. (New York State Sex Offender Registry via AP, File)

NEW YORK (AP) — Video footage of the area around Jeffrey Epstein’s jail cell on a day he survived an apparent suicide attempt “no longer exists,” federal prosecutors told a judge Thursday.

Officials at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York believed they had preserved footage of guards finding Epstein after he appeared to have attempted suicide, but actually saved a video from a different part of the jail, prosecutors said.

https://apnews.com/a104be68ede71c99f26c4e765d244e0e

:4_joy:

Edited by Mark F

12 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

So... just because some people didn't criticize Obama as much or with as much vigor then they do with trump... their criticism about trump is null and void? Please correct me if I am wrong.  

It comes off as hollow, opportunistic,  partisan when progressives don't take the opportunity to condemn all US escalation in the middle east . But they won't because they can't waste a chance to personify the events around Trump.

16 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Plenty of "progressives" criticized it all. Trouble is that regressives ignore far worse and call it equal. You ever seen a democrat act as bad as the current Republicans act? Please give examples.

God Damn Carter and his ******* peanut farm! That's who!

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Been following US politics for decades.  Never have had problems calling out USA political hypocrisy.  Like Bush and his war criminal administration, perpetrating the put up job on "introducing democracy" to the Mid-East, starting with that phony baloney war with Iraq. 

That said....... this Trump administration, with an ignorant, raging narcissist at its head, his cultist Cabinet, and the malicious and mendacious populist approach, has set new standards in both hypocrisy and utter dishonesty.

The older I get, the more deranged I become, it seems.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Plenty of "progressives" criticized it all. Trouble is that regressives ignore far worse and call it equal. You ever seen a democrat act as bad as the current Republicans act? Please give examples.

Don't hold your breath on that or you'll wind up like this:

Image result for skeleton waiting

Or maybe that'll be the resident regressive waiting for the Ti-Cats to win a championship. 🤭

On 2020-01-09 at 12:39 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

Better to decry hypocrisy than to openly embrace it.  You're all partisan all the time.  Its the Trump way.   I mean...thats not even opinion, its fact.  And whataboutism isnt a defense of Trump.  It just isnt.

Im not republican, not conservative, not american. Apart from that youre bang on.

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Of course. When there's a Republican in the white house.

3 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

God Damn Carter and his ******* peanut farm! That's who!

Carter brokered a peace deal between Egypt and Israel essentially buying off Israel's main enemy ,,leader of the Arab world becomes a US client state and then scoring huge arms deals to arm the new Egypt.

Carter knew Egypt was supposed to get a new deal for Palestinians as part of the peace treaty. Israel balked at anything concrete (of course)..Carter when ahead with the deal anyway. 

Long story short Egypt gets buckets of money,( to this day) US arms dealers get rich, Israel pays nothing ,  The deal just entrenched the problems that are still there now.

Whether Carter was incredibly naive or corrupt is debate able but he's far from blameless.

US foreign policy is corrupt. Both Democrats and Republicans are equal players.

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Assassination for removal from office support

only time this pryck appears to be happy is when he's takes his carny grifter sideshow act on the road, getting adulation from the millions of hayrube suckers he performs for while on tour.

Look at his sour stupid face in the photo.

Edited by Mark F