US Politics

Rich

17 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Its actually interesting to go back to page one of this thread and see who predicted what.  I was trying to hold out hope that Trump would rise to the occasion.  Others called it more accurately.   Some of the Trump supporters have given up but its wild to see some still doubling down.  

I think they are less trump supporters, more "**** the Dems and all progressives at any cost" supporters- even if it's a vile, orange hued, malignant narcissist...  

2 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I think they are less trump supporters, more "**** the Dems and all progressives at any cost" supporters- even if it's a vile, orange hued, malignant narcissist...  

Yeah true but thats really a cover.  Not many people would say, "I hate the KKK but man, their economic policies are pretty good."  

23 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I started following it more closely early on as trump just kept saying and doing stupid things and it was funny and I figured it'd be an easy case of them tossing him out, but now it's just more sad than funny as the lunatic is going about destabilizing the world and just generally doing the worst possible thing in every scenario. 

What's insane is that this twitterer/curator of news/author Seth Abramson wrote a couple of books on the why and the how- most of it eerily accurate, yet gets very little coverage and seems to be locked out of the main stream... 

how to find peace immediately:

Give Hannity and Graham a rifle, and send them to the nearest combat zone fighing ISIS in Syria.

edit:

"Aipac made Trump do it."

More penetrating analysis from the bitter Mr.  "thousands of illegal voters".

Edited by Mark F

They may be terrorists, but they're our terrorists!  And they paid me! Lots!

also worth pointing out, not just Rudy.

a large group of prominent former US government officials from both political parties has spent the last several years receiving substantial sums of cash to give speeches to the MEK, and have then become vocal, relentless advocates for the group, specifically for removing them from the terrorist list. Last year, the Christian Science Monitor thoroughly described "these former high-ranking US officials - who represent the full political spectrum - [who] have been paid tens of thousands of dollars to speak in support of the MEK." They include Democrats Howard Dean, Ed Rendell, Wesley Clark, Bill Richardson, and Lee Hamilton, and Republicans Rudy Giuliani, Fran Townsend, Tom Ridge, Michael Mukasey, and Andrew Card. Other prominent voices outside government, such as Alan Dershowitz and Elie Wiesel, have been enlisted to the cause and are steadfast MEK advocates.

Money has also been paid to journalists such as The Washington Post's Carl Bernstein and the Chicago Tribune's Clarence Page. Townsend is a CNN contributor and Rendell is an MSNBC contributor

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

how to find peace immediately:

Give Hannity and Graham a rifle, and send them to the nearest combat zone fighing ISIS in Syria.

edit:

"Aipac made Trump do it."

More penetrating analysis from the bitter Mr.  "thousands of illegal voters".

You seriously trying to say Israel doesn't have powerful , linfluential lobbies in Washington ? My gawd you're not informed at all.

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Sure, is John Kerry the President?  Or the Presidents lawyer?  Or operating a shadow State Department?  Or caught up in investigations of fraud?  And who's Noah?

Its getting laughable at this point, pal.

What's laughable is "progressives" trying to distill the recent events down to more Orange Man Bad and score cheap partisan points .

Last few days have been yet another example of the corrupt rotten foreign policy of US, ISrael, Saudi Arabia that BOTH Republicans and Democrats have willingly advanced no matter the cost for 70 odd years .

If progressives are really upset how the possibility of war they have to get serious and widen their curiosity over why the system is the way it is.

Be better, be smarter. We all have a stake in this. 

Just now, Zontar said:

What's laughable is "progressives" trying to distill the recent events down to more Orange Man Bad and score cheap partisan points .

Last few days have been yet another example of the corrupt rotten foreign policy of US, ISrael, Saudi Arabia that BOTH Republicans and Democrats have willingly advanced no matter the cost for 70 odd years .

If progressives are really upset how the possibility of war they have to get serious and widen their curiosity over why the system is the way it is.

Be better, be smarter. We all have a stake in this. 

You cant really spend your time in this thread flag waving for Trump and ask others to be smarter.  Trump handled this like the moron he is and made Iran look positively statesmanlike.  Maybe you try being a bit more progressive.  Its not a bad word, certainly compared to alt-right anyway.

37 minutes ago, Mark F said:

First time in decades that I can recall a country like Iran bombing a US military installation, and no response from America.

The only explanation that makes sense to me, is Putin told Trump to back off. He's the only person Trump listens to and obeys.

I think Putin would love open warfare.   Oil prices would go up.  Russian arms sales would go up.  Russian influence would go up.  

I think it’s more likely trumps embarrassing rhetoric the last few days got a ton of behind the scenes push back from advisors, Congress and allies. And he was desperate for a way out. 

23 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You cant really spend your time in this thread flag waving for Trump and ask others to be smarter.  Trump handled this like the moron he is and made Iran look positively statesmanlike.  Maybe you try being a bit more progressive.  Its not a bad word, certainly compared to alt-right anyway.

Flag waving.? Do you actually read what I post ?