US Politics

Rich

blowback. https://apnews.com/e043255bd33ab318f71d1947716a5b94

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — The blowback over the U.S. killing of a top Iranian general mounted Sunday as Iran announced it will no longer abide by the limits contained in the 2015 nuclear deal and Iraq’s Parliament called for the expulsion of all American troops from Iraqi soil.

The twin developments could bring Iran closer to building an atomic bomb and enable the Islamic State group to stage a comeback in Iraq, making the Middle East a far more dangerous and unstable place.

Adding to the tensions, U.S. President Donald Trump threatened to demand billions of dollars in compensation from Iraq or impose “sanctions like they’ve never seen before” if it goes through with expelling U.S. troops.

Iranian state television cited a statement by President Hassan Rouhani’s administration saying the country would not observe the nuclear deal’s restrictions on fuel enrichment, on the size of its enriched uranium stockpile and on its research and development activities.

“The Islamic Republic of Iran no longer faces any limitations in operations,” a state TV broadcaster said.

ie, back to working on nuclear weapons. Feel safer Israel, Saudi, American people?

Clueless idiotic moron Trump.

as are all of his supporters including those Trump loving deplorables that post here.

Edited by Mark F

Interesting article on the lead up to this monumental **** up. 

top American military officials put the option of killing him — which they viewed as the most extreme response to recent Iranian-led violence in Iraq — on the menu they presented to President Trump.

They didn’t think he would take it. In the wars waged since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, Pentagon officials have often offered improbable options to presidents to make other possibilities appear more palatable.

By late Thursday, the president had gone for the extreme option. Top Pentagon officials were stunned.

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Interesting article on the lead up to this monumental **** up. 

Can't really believe anything coming out of the US any more.

I expect there are some military men who would be more than happy to attack Iran.

The Air Force brigadier general newly in charge of one of the nation's most celebrated and elite Air Force wings has been running an online evangelical Christian ministry for the last five years

Fundamentalist Christianity has been gaining ground in the U.S. military, especially after 9/11. In 2011, it was revealed that chaplains at another California Air Force base, Vandenburg, were teaching a course in "Christian Just War Theory," in which they used the Bible and Christ's teachings to justify atomic warfare. A year before that, the military admitted that hundreds of thousands of high-powered rifle sights inscribed with "Jesus secret codes" were being provided to troops in the Middle East—a direct violation of military rules prohibiting religious proselytizing in Iraq and Afghanistan in order to avoid accusations of a "crusade."

Weinstein, whose organization claims 57,000 members, has said that under President Donald Trump, radical evangelicals in the military have been emboldened.

Edited by Mark F

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hey rudy how should we handle a potential key witness like Bolton?  Should we perhaps be respectful and try to create a unity?

No let’s insult him!   

rudy is the best ally trumps opponents have.  

I would be surprised if Bolton had done anything illegal, so Trump has no leverage on him. 

The Iranian General, was an enemy of ISIS in Syria.

so once again the Americans do something that helps terrorists.

Which is Not a new thing at all.

Saudi Arabia is the real enemy of peace. Cause they hand out billions, they are permitted to promote terror and hatred world wide.  Along with their buddies, the USA.

not Iran.

Edited by Mark F

35 minutes ago, Mark F said:

The Iranian General, was an enemy of ISIS in Syria.

so once again the Americans do something that helps terrorists.

Which is Not a new thing at all.

Saudi Arabia is the real enemy of peace. Cause they hand out billions, they are permitted to promote terror and hatred world wide.  Along with their buddies, the USA.

not Iran.

And Trump is best buddies with Saudi.  Didnt mind their crimes did he?  

7 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Man... I have been following US politics intensely for the past few years... if trump wins a second term, I am completely divesting myself of US politics... 

trump wins second term, and I be like Token:

tumblr_nmgxjbrDTA1up80gmo1_400.gif

I started following it more closely early on as trump just kept saying and doing stupid things and it was funny and I figured it'd be an easy case of them tossing him out, but now it's just more sad than funny as the lunatic is going about destabilizing the world and just generally doing the worst possible thing in every scenario. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

I started following it more closely early on as trump just kept saying and doing stupid things and it was funny and I figured it'd be an easy case of them tossing him out, but now it's just more sad than funny as the lunatic is going about destabilizing the world and just generally doing the worst possible thing in every scenario. 

Its actually interesting to go back to page one of this thread and see who predicted what.  I was trying to hold out hope that Trump would rise to the occasion.  Others called it more accurately.   Some of the Trump supporters have given up but its wild to see some still doubling down.