US Politics

Rich

3 hours ago, bustamente said:

He really thinks the world owes him something, petty disgusting piece of garbage

View image on Twitter

Damn... I just found out that this was an actual pic sent out by the official trump campaign... and here I thought it was some alt-right photoshoper that was trying to trigger libs.

My fovourite response to that pic:

iq1xbtq07vl11.jpg

from your mouth to god's ears Mark.  somewhere someone will develop a vaccine for Type 2 diabetes out of old tires and microplastics, but CNN will be like OH BOY TRUMP TWEETS DUMB **** and so no one will notice.

it is goddamn amazing the power that narcissists have to dominate the discourse.  I've been around a few real top-level narcissists and even when you're sick of talking about them you wind up talking about them.

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

Double jeopardy. Can't be tried for the same crime. 

We'll see if the DA appeals and on what grounds. 

Odd- I thought they closed that loophole

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-signs-legislation-closing-new-yorks-double-jeopardy-loophole-authorizing-state

overnor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced he signed legislation (S.4572/A.6653) to close New York's double jeopardy legal loophole that protects individuals who are pardoned by a President from being prosecuted at the state level for the same offense. This key reform, which was an Attorney General's program bill, gives New York prosecutors discretion to pursue prosecution of criminal acts where they have jurisdiction.

1 minute ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I guess the judge is challenging that legislation. I honestly don't know enough from my casual readings. I'll be interested to read the analysis from the legal experts down south. 

21 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

How can he pardon himself if he can't be indicted because he is a sitting president? 

He already said he thinks he can.  I recall hearing a brief discussion on CNN about it with some people saying it was absurd and others saying it hadnt been tested in the courts.  

One thing that might make him leave is if he is certain of a loss but polling indicates a different candidate might win, he could make a deal to step aside in return for a pardon (like Nixon/Ford).  But I bet he still tries to pardon himself.

20 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He already said he thinks he can.  I recall hearing a brief discussion on CNN about it with some people saying it was absurd and others saying it hadnt been tested in the courts.  

One thing that might make him leave is if he is certain of a loss but polling indicates a different candidate might win, he could make a deal to step aside in return for a pardon (like Nixon/Ford).  But I bet he still tries to pardon himself.

I know he thinks he can... he pretty much thinks he can do anything that benefits him. 

Politco has a fun article about Don and the giant Impeach:

“For Trump, now impeachment will appear in the opening paragraph of his life,” said presidential historian Douglas Brinkley.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Its interesting because I think Clinton overcame impeachment and is thought of as a good President.  But I think history judges his impeachment as a real witchhunt and he likely should have been censured.   But with Trump everyone knows he's corrupt. Everyone knows he illegitimate.  So being impeached is a big cherry on top of the media and historians who would have to treat him as a legitimate, but disliked President (sort of like W.).  Now they wont.  He's going to be impeached and that will dovetail to how he was the most corrupt, moronic President ever, who lost by millions and millions of votes who'd have lost the election if not for Rudy's FBI pals in New York and Russian interference.