US Politics

Rich

WOw- this is nuts, and a bit funny.

some highlights:

"Complicating things is the outsize role Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani is playing in the controversy, as well as Trump's public comments on the matter. "We're just waiting for Hurricane Rudy to stop obliterating everything in its path," the White House official told Insider."

"Trump needs a "defense that doesn't look like it was put together by a bunch of pissed-off preschoolers," a former White House official said. "You can't go around screaming 'fake news' and 'witch hunt' when you yourself put the evidence out there. It doesn't work that way."

Yeah, my family is bullish on Warren too.  She reminds me of my first boss -- direct, forthright, and thoughtful. Of course, this is all image building and political smoke and mirrors, but she is marketing herself very effectively to me.

I'm sad that Bernie's having heart trouble and I would have been fine with him as the Dem nominee, but if he drops out and throws in with Warren, the progressive wing of the Dems might actually manage to get through this primary without shooting itself in the wang.

Federal Election Commission char Ellen L. Weintraub would like to inform everyone that it’s illegal to push foreign governments to investigate your political rivals, in case anyone forgot.

After Trump declared on camera Thursday that Ukraine and China should investigate 2020 rival Joe Biden, Weintraub recirculated her statement from June 13 on “illegal contributions from foreign governments.”

“Let me make something 100% clear to the America public and anyone running for public office: It is illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election,” the statement read. “This is not a novel concept.”

“Is this thing on?” Weintraub tweeted with a microphone emoji on Thursday.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/fec-chair-ellen-weintraub-trump-illegal-foreign-election-aid

Trump going down in flames and taking a few people with him.

IRS whistleblower said to report Treasury political appointee might have tried to interfere in audit of Trump or Pence

Oct. 3, 2019 at 3:25 p.m. CDT

An Internal Revenue Service official has filed a whistleblower complaint reporting that he was told at least one Treasury Department political appointee attempted to improperly interfere with the annual audit of the president or vice president’s tax returns, according to multiple people familiar with the document.

Trump administration officials dismissed the whistleblower’s complaint as flimsy because it is based on conversations with other government officials. But congressional Democrats were alarmed by the complaint, now circulating on Capitol Hill, and flagged it to a federal judge. They are also discussing whether to make it public.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/irs-whistleblower-said-to-report-treasury-political-appointee-might-have-tried-to-interfere-in-audit-of-trump-or-pence/2019/10/03/0c768b34-e52e-11e9-a331-2df12d56a80b_story.html

45 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Oh Boy... looks like Giuliani might not be able to claim executive privilege...

RG has already said that he wasn't acting as the President's attorney while doing the deed for Trump. He also said he was asked to do work by the State Department. That's also not privileged.

Giuliani is Trump's attorney only because no qualified attorney would take the job. He's already put so much evidence into the public sphere, he should disbarred. And, I'm sure he will be one day.

Cohen was also Trump's attorney.