US Politics

Rich

54 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Trump reportedly contacted Pelosi begging to work something out. Hilarious. That man is such a pathetic sack of ****. Hope he gets sent to prison when this is all done. 

Prison would a good start.

I would hope there is enough crominal evidence against the trump org to warrant involuntary dissolution of their corporate empire... then we would be getting somewhere... like a real life Schitt's Creek where the patriarch is left in prison to die- that is reality TV that I would watch.... 

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That transcript is bad.  He’s not toast yet but he’s getting there. 

Agreed. I think that transcript and the whistle blowers testimony might move the needle a bit... 

My hope is that with impeachment, they get better investigative powers and more teeth to actually holds the stonewalled accountable.

We'll see though... gotta temper those expectations... The Mueller report was damning as hell and barely moved the needle.

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Agreed. I think that transcript and the whistle blowers testimony might move the needle a bit... 

My hope is that with impeachment, they get better investigative powers and more teeth to actually holds the stonewalled accountable.

We'll see though... gotta temper those expectations... The Mueller report was damning as hell and barely moved the needle.

Saw an interesting take on this, that the Mueller report was too complicated to resonate with a lot of people.  Whereas, this issue is easier to understand.  Its like a Sopranos-style mob shake down.  

13 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Regardless of how this shakes out in terms of trump being held to actual accountability and what the voters do in 2020- The Democratic Party did it's constitutionally mandated job and defended the constitution. History will show that they are on the right side of this.

Yup.  And the idea that it could hurt Dems in terms of the public having little appetite for an impeachment doesnt mitigate the oath they took and their responsibility to the constitution.  

13 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Saw an interesting take on this, that the Mueller report was too complicated to resonate with a lot of people.  Whereas, this issue is easier to understand.  Its like a Sopranos-style mob shake down.  

Also... The Barr summary was very effective. There is no Barr summary for the Ukrainian shake down.

Bad as it is.....they released this "transcript" (which is not an verbatim account) in order to shape the public narrative ahead of the whistleblower report.  Shades of Barr, with his "summary" of the Mueller Report. 

Barr and Uncle Rudy, are also in the cross hairs, as Trump is talking to the Pres, about working this deal, through both of them.  His personal lawyer, and the Attorney General of the United States

This business stinks to high heaven.  Which in retrospect..... is merely the usual Trump standard.

23 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

That is very telling... 

My guess is that the post-Presidency Trump will settle into the role of a GOP influencer / kingmaker, taking money, and making tweets and rally appearances.  Fox has been grooming the GOP base for him for a generation; those GOP voters are in the tank for him for good.

Career-minded Republicans are right to be wary of publicly defying him.  Ben Sasse, who was all humphy and nevertrumpy at one point, bent the knee to get a recent endorsement tweet.  Lyin' Ted Cruz started licking the trump boot when Beto gave him a scare in Texas in 2018.  Lindsay Graham, once John McCain's best friend, now just another loudmouth with Trump's hand up his ass.

During all this... I was curious as to the state of the WH press briefing.. apparently its been over 200 days since the last one.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/462587-white-house-press-secretary-defends-lack-of-daily-briefings-trump-is-the-most

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/09/stephanie-grisham-vs-media

New press secretary hasn't even given a WH press briefing...