US Politics

Rich

I remember the conspiracy nuts saying W would create a war scenario to suspend the next election and remain president.  

But doesn’t it really seem far fetched that if trump loses he’ll claim it wasn’t fair and try to suspend the results?  Anyone think he won’t be available for the inauguration?  Refusing to respext the peaceful transition...

15 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I remember the conspiracy nuts saying W would create a war scenario to suspend the next election and remain president.  

But doesn’t it really seem far fetched that if trump loses he’ll claim it wasn’t fair and try to suspend the results?  Anyone think he won’t be available for the inauguration?  Refusing to respeCt the peaceful transition...

I doubt he show up sure but I also doubt a Democrat would want him there.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

But doesn’t it really seem far fetched that if trump loses he’ll claim it wasn’t fair and try to suspend the results?  Anyone think he won’t be available for the inauguration?  Refusing to respext the peaceful transition...

Well he said before the last election that if he was to lose it would of been rigged, I see him doing something crazy if the polls have really really far behind, the cover of the presidency wont be able to protect him and his cronies.

It's not welfare though! And it's totally "free trade"!!! no government intervention either!!!

Farmer subsidies from the Trump administration aimed at mitigating the effects of the U.S.-China trade war have reached $28 billion, about double the amount of money shelled out in the government bailout of Detroit automakers in 2009, Bloomberg reports.

Yes, but: Despite those losses, the trade war doesn't appear to have broken Trump's support in rural areas.

• Trump had a 52% approval rating among people in rural areas in August, compared to a 40% approval rating overall, per Gallup.
  • Trump's support among farmers increased from 60% to 67% between 2018 and 2019, according to a Farm Futures poll taken this summer.

•  
Edited by Mark F

Am I the only person that wants to see FOX News pay a fine every time they do something incredibly dumb and extremely stupid? even I want to give them a swift HOW DARE YOU!

https://tvline.com/2019/09/24/greta-thunberg-fox-news-apology-autism-comment-video/

okay I should have posted this in the climate change thread, but I really do think that the people at FOX News should do sensitivity training or something

Edited by iHeart

House Speaker Pelosi to announce formal impeachment inquiry of Trump

BREAKING: The announcement later Tuesday from Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) comes amid reports that President Trump may have pressured a foreign leader to investigate former vice president and potential 2020 campaign rival Joe Biden and his family.

A growing number of House Democrats are backing an impeachment inquiry as momentum shifts in the Democratic caucus.

Democratic officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to speak frankly, said she would back the step.

This is a developing story and will be updated.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and top Democrats are privately discussing the creation of a select committee to conduct the possible impeachment of President Trump, according to multiple lawmakers and congressional aides, underscoring the momentum among Democrats to try to oust the president.

The California Democrat has spoken to key allies in recent days about establishing a special panel rather than leaving the task with the House Judiciary Committee, said several Democratic officials. Nothing has been decided, the individuals cautioned, but some members are expected to publicly endorse the move soon.

The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity to freely describe private deliberations. Pelosi’s office declined to comment on the matter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/pelosi-top-democrats-privately-discuss-creation-of-select-committee-for-impeachment/2019/09/24/af6f735a-dedf-11e9-b199-f638bf2c340f_story.html

7 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

House Speaker Pelosi to announce formal impeachment inquiry of Trump

BREAKING: The announcement later Tuesday from Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) comes amid reports that President Trump may have pressured a foreign leader to investigate former vice president and potential 2020 campaign rival Joe Biden and his family.

A growing number of House Democrats are backing an impeachment inquiry as momentum shifts in the Democratic caucus.

Democratic officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to speak frankly, said she would back the step.

This is a developing story and will be updated.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and top Democrats are privately discussing the creation of a select committee to conduct the possible impeachment of President Trump, according to multiple lawmakers and congressional aides, underscoring the momentum among Democrats to try to oust the president.

The California Democrat has spoken to key allies in recent days about establishing a special panel rather than leaving the task with the House Judiciary Committee, said several Democratic officials. Nothing has been decided, the individuals cautioned, but some members are expected to publicly endorse the move soon.

The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity to freely describe private deliberations. Pelosi’s office declined to comment on the matter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/pelosi-top-democrats-privately-discuss-creation-of-select-committee-for-impeachment/2019/09/24/af6f735a-dedf-11e9-b199-f638bf2c340f_story.html

giphy.gif

It'll be really interesting, you need a simple majority in the House to pass any articles of impeachment and I see this passing but you need a 2/3 majority vote in the Senate which is Republican controlled and I don't see 19 Republicans voting to remove Trump from office, at least at this time.You could have Trump impeached by the House and the Senate declining to remove him from office and Trump still running for relelection next year which would be super interesting.

whoah.

Between Pelosi saying the I-word and Britain's highest court ordering Parliament be reopened, it's been quite an international news day

3 hours ago, bustamente said:

Democrats and Republicans alike need to see the report from the whistle blower, the transcript from the phone call will in all probability be a whole lot of nothing, plus who knows which transcribed phone call they will be releasing

I think it'll be like the Barr report; its superficial and incomplete truth will be presented as the complete and definitive story.