US Politics

Rich

Trump and his staff and followers are actually turning into some kind of strange bizzaro world, where he is never wrong, even while in our world, he is almost always wrong.

Juan Cole column today  😀 Funny.

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/09/04/failing-breitbart-comes-juan-cole-climate-history-and-it-wont-go-well

Failing Breitbart Comes for Juan Cole on Climate History and It Won’t Go Well

I don't demean myself by reading Breitbart. I'd rather lie naked in my garden during a rainstorm and let slugs traverse me, leaving trails of slime. But I know who they are are.

Edited by Mark F

They're (Republicans ) asking: how many people actually believe Alabama was at risk simply because Trump said it was and don't believe the debunking?

I'm sure they're trying to find out. That is the reason the Sharpie-altered map was created. Learning how many people continue to believe Trump no matter documentary evidence to the contrary will provide the GOP a good idea of how much they can capitalize on Trump's lies in the upcoming campaign. A lot of people actually believe that whatever he says has to be true simply because he said it. If that number is high enough, it doesn't matter whether Trump actually loses the election. He will simply declare himself the winner and they will never, ever accept the Democrat as the legitimate president.

As I see it, this is not a joke, this is not mental illness, and this is not "having to be right." This is deliberately capitalizing on a simple mistake in order to quantify Trump's capacity to set the truth terms of the public discourse even in the most absurd circumstances. It is very, very ominous.

digby blog

22 hours ago, Mark F said:

Failing Breitbart Comes for Juan Cole on Climate History and It Won’t Go Well

I don't demean myself by reading Breitbart. I'd rather lie naked in my garden during a rainstorm and let slugs traverse me, leaving trails of slime. But I know who they are are.

God, if I had only known....

But Cole is in the main, correct.

21 hours ago, bustamente said:

Trumpidiot real does think that he is smarter than everyone else, that no one should challenge what he says and that he knows more than anyone and the Presidency is for his pleasure, it's getting to the point that something catastrophic could happen because of his absolute stupidity.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/460105-meteorologists-call-out-trump-after-alabama-hurricane-map

Yup, never mind this link.  The MAGA clones will never concede that their Orange Lord, can possibly be mistaken or at fault.   

It appears that there are fifty or more million people in the USA that are receptive to the idea of no elections, and a permanently appointed destructive ignorant, racist,  white, fascist, unaccountable all powerful head of state.

So in America it takes about fifty years of propaganda and bad education to obliterate the memory and understanding of the worst war in human history.

Now awakened, these goons are not going away quietly.

Edited by Mark F

With confidantes like Geraldo, who needs enemies:

"“This president gets the worst press of any president in the history of the republic,” said Geraldo Rivera, a reporter and Trump confidant. “Everything he says and does is cross-checked and scrutinized to reveal him to be stupid, uninformed or a liar.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

With confidantes like Geraldo, who needs enemies:

"“This president gets the worst press of any president in the history of the republic,” said Geraldo Rivera, a reporter and Trump confidant. “Everything he says and does is cross-checked and scrutinized to reveal him to be stupid, uninformed or a liar.

Obama was criticized for wearing a tan suit. Trumpkins are the biggest crybaby snowflakes. The guy is a complete moron and so are his followers.

Edited by JCon

consequences of Trump's blunders against Iran and his blundering trade war with China.

China will invest four hundred billion in Iran, and put 5000 troops there.

This plan is one of the great turning points in modern geopolitics. And it is the first such highly significant development since WW II to leave the United States completely on the sidelines.

https://www.juancole.com/2019/09/defies-investment-troops.html

Iran was ready to become part of the West, and spend its oil money there. Not now. Trumpism might be the turning point for US dominance.

Edited by Mark F

43 minutes ago, Mark F said:

consequences of Trump's blunders against Iran and his blundering trade war with China.

China will invest four hundred billion in Iran, and put 5000 troops there.

https://www.juancole.com/2019/09/defies-investment-troops.html

Iran was ready to become part of the West, and spend its oil money there. Not now. Trumpism might be the turning point for US dominance.

So telling from this little blurb:

"China has decided it has nothing further to fear from the Trump administration, and has decided to incorporate Iran into its One Belt, One Road plan with investments totaling some $400 billion. So says Simon Watkins, writing at Petroleum Economist.

I suspect Iran would rather have had this deal with Europe, but Trump breached the 2015 Iran nuclear deal and slapped severe sanctions on Tehran, and has been bullying big European firms into joining the financial blockade. Iran had to seek its economic future with China, whether it likes it or not."