US Politics

Rich

42 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

legitimately was expecting to read that he accidentally fell down an elevator shaft onto some bullets. 

I am not a conspiracy guy, but there is no way this wasn't the rich and powerful disappearing a problem. 

Total. Hit. Job.

It makes the most sense. It literally makes the most sense. 

From CCN

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/16/opinions/jeffrey-epstein-indictment-tip-iceberg-honig/index.html

The fallout from the Southern District of New York's indictment of Jeffrey Epstein has already been seismic: Epstein, a well-connected billionaire, is currently behind bars, and Labor Secretary Alex Acosta has tendered his resignation. And this is just the start. The signs are all there that more people -- including the rich, powerful and well-connected -- may well tumble as the case unfolds.

Elie Honig

Elie Honig

How will we learn who else was involved in Epstein's alleged sex trafficking ring? First, as the Epstein case proceeds, prosecutors will publicly file papers that refer to other participants. But those references likely will be generic rather than specific; when prosecutors name wrongdoers other than the charged defendant, they typically use labels rather than full names to protect the reputations of uncharged individuals and to maintain confidentiality of the ongoing investigation. For example, in a court filing on Michael Cohen, the Southern District alleged that Cohen acted "in coordination with and at the direction of Individual-1" -- immediately identifiable as President Donald Trump. But those generic labels are not always so transparent and could leave us guessing who stands behind them.
If Epstein goes to trial, then the whole story will come out, and names will be named. Though over 95% of federal charges get resolved by guilty plea before trial, this case could be different. I do not expect the Southern District to make Epstein any kind of generous plea offer, particularly given the intense criticism that Acosta faced for letting Epstein off the hook in Florida. Nor do I expect Epstein, who is 66 years old, to take a plea that will keep him locked up for much of the rest of his life.
Trial might be the only way to resolve this case. If that happens, we will get the full story of Epstein's alleged crimes, including the names of any co-conspirators and enablers.
We also likely will see more indictments. It's clear that Epstein did not act alone. The Southern District alleges that at least three other unnamed people -- identified in the indictment as "Employees 1, 2, and 3" -- helped Epstein run his multi-state sex trafficking ring. Given the scope and complexity of the scheme, and the number of victims, expect to see more people named as defendants as the case progresses.
We do not yet know who else might be implicated, but we have an important clue: the Southern District is staffing the case primarily with prosecutors from its Public Corruption Unit. US Attorney Geoffrey Bermanurged the public "not to read into the unit assignment anything one way or another." But that is nonsense. You absolutely should read into this staffing assignment.
As a Southern District alum, I know that it is both unusual and significant that the Public Corruption Unit is running this case. Normally, a sex trafficking case would be prosecuted only by the Human Trafficking Coordinators, who are part of the Violent and Organized Crime Unit that I once supervised. Public Corruption is involved here for a reason: there must be at least one public official, past or present, involved in the case in some way.
And there's precedent. In 2008, the Southern District charged a seemingly routine interstate prostitution ring. Curiously, however, the case was staffed by a prosecutor from the Public Corruption Unit. It turned out that "Client-9" in the case was then-Governor of New York Eliot Spitzer, who resigned days after the charges were announced.

My Hope now is that JE had incriminating evidence stowed away, awaiting release upon his untimely Death.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Hit job? I wouldn't be surprised. 

Not that smart after all if he didn’t make it widely known that there would be a release if he died.

would not have wanted to be on staff where he was being held.... all now live in fear.

a Top level assassin did this one.

Edited by Mark F

Considering he was in a cell by himself, on a supposed suicide watch, being watch many hours but not 24 of the day, with minimal clothing, and no bedding it sure smacks of an inside job, many rich and powerful people including politicians may have been documented in his "little black book" and being exposed would be the end of their lives personally and professionally. Lets see what kind of investigation comes of this and who takes the lead.

The efing ego on that SOB. Knowing that the walls were closing in and he didn't flee to his private island. Was convinced nothing would happen. Good riddance. 

I hope he has detailed records of every POS pedophile he ever enabled in safe spot that gets turned over to media. Hopefully not the DOJ. I also hope that every penny in his estate goes over to his victims. Small consolidation, I know,.  

As nuts as things are in the USA these days, looking back, they have always had these kind of things as part of the way they do things. The never ending wars, assassinations, Red baiting, Nazi loving,  the Monroe doctrine, overthrowing foreign governments. drug dealing, highest level corruption. none of what's going on there is new.

They have a streak of complete craziness, greed, and entitlement that runs deep.

Ijeoma Oluo is a friend of a friend of mine. 

This week, some right wing ****** tried to swat her ... make a fake emergency call that appeared to originate from her house, in order to draw a maximum police response and get some people shot. Luckily she had some notice that she was a target, and she had contacted the Seattle PD ahead of time, and they confirmed the story before rolling out.  If she hadn't?  Who knows.

That's where we're at down here.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156216722867676&id=616977675

9 hours ago, johnzo said:

That's where we're at down here.

Not much different than setting their house on fire. Fotunate that she is clearly smart and practical, saved her child's life.

see a guy got twenty five years for doing this, where it resulted in death of the homeowner.

Tyler Barriss.

Yeah, USA is in a bad place.

Edited by Mark F