US Politics

Rich

Some right winger posted here a while ago, that hordes of illegal voters changed elections in the US. Have not seen his follow up post, but here's one anyway.

anyone surprised? I wonder where adams got his funding from.

A former Trump voter fraud commissioner will apologize to citizens he wrongly described as noncitizens in reports claiming mass voter fraud in Virginia, according to a tentative settlement agreement reached this week in a lawsuit brought against the commissioner.

J. Christian Adams and his group the Public Interest Legal Foundation were sued last year over the “Aliens Invasion” reports they released in 2016 and 2017. The reports — which included names, phone numbers, addresses and social security numbers of individuals removed from voter rolls allegedly because they were noncitizens — amounted to defamation and voter intimidation, the lawsuit alleged.

Under the terms of the freshly announced agreement, PILF will have to remove from its website the report exhibits containing the individuals’ personal information, according to a press release Wednesday from the groups that brought the suit.

According to the press release, PILF will also have to add a statement in front of the reports that says, “PILF recognizes that individuals in [the removed exhibits] were in fact citizens and that these citizens did not commit felonies. PILF profoundly regrets any characterization of those registrants as felons or instances of registration or voting as felonies.”

Edited by Mark F

The Law suit targeted the voter fraud allegations the group made in reports called “Alien Invasion in Virginia” and “Alien Invasion II,” which claimed that hundreds of non-citizens had likely committed felonies by registering to vote.

It pointed to comments left on news articles about Adams’ reports — in which commenters said the people named in them should be “shot,” “executed,” “deported,” or “imprisoned” — to argue that the plaintiffs “have a legitimate concern regarding harassment and physical safety.”

The complaint also alluded to the timing of the reports, with the second one coming out as President Trump was making false claims of millions of people voting illegally. Adams was chosen to serve on a commission Trump created in 2016 to study voter fraud allegations.

What a piece of absolute Trash Trump is. He is an abomination.

Edited by Mark F

I wouldn't be surprised if at tonight rally Trump's goes after the "squad" and tells the crowd that these 4 women hate America and they should be thrown out of the  country and on cue the moron's in attendance will start a "kick them out " chant.

15 hours ago, bustamente said:

I wouldn't be surprised if at tonight rally Trump's goes after the "squad" and tells the crowd that these 4 women hate America and they should be thrown out of the  country and on cue the moron's in attendance will start a "kick them out " chant.

I made a note of your post, thinking in the future I would quote you for truth... didn't take too long...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/17/politics/donald-trump-race-america-democrats/index.html

Michael Cohen Files Implicate Trump, Hope Hicks and David Pecker

MANHATTAN (CN) – When the first batch of Michael Cohen search-warrant materials became public, the files disclosed evidence that President Trump’s former fixer secretly worked for a foreign government.

The new materials released on Thursday proved no less significant, detailing the actions Cohen took after the release of the “Access Hollywood” video threatened to derail Trump’s campaign. The day after the release, according to the warrants, Cohen exchanged a “series of calls, text messages and emails” with Trump; his then-press secretary Hope Hicks; the National Enquirer’s David Pecker; and Stormy Daniels’ lawyer Keith Davidson.

https://www.courthousenews.com/michael-cohen-files-implicate-trump-hope-hicks-and-david-pecker/

Trump is leading a hate movement, and the world is watching

Opinion writer
July 18 at 10:47 AM

One of the most chilling things about President Trump’s hate-rally in North Carolina — which devolved into chants of “send her back,” directed at a nonwhite immigrant member of Congress — was the profusion of tweets about it from abroad.

Robert Mann, the historian of the civil rights era, lamented from across the Atlantic that it’s “shocking” to be in Britain while “one of the top stories” all over the British media is “just how much of a vile racist my country has for a president.”

Tweeting from Australia, the New Yorker’s Jelani Cobb noted that in Sydney, “many people” have asked him about Trump’s “latest bigotry spree.” Cobb added: “this is a reminder that the entire world is an audience for this abject racist stupidity.”

As the president of the United States leads a domestic hate movement, the world is watching.

In case you think this is too American-centric a view, Cobb pushed back on that, as well. “Believe it or not,” he noted, “if you have the world’s largest economy, people pay close attention to you.”
The world will be watching this spectacle for at least the next 16 months: New reporting is now confirming that Trump views his racist and white-nationalist provocations as key to his reelection effort.

“These left-wing ideologues see our nation as a force for evil,” Trump ranted at his North Carolina rally on Wednesday night. “They want to demolish our Constitution, weaken our military, eliminate the values that built this magnificent country.”

Trump, of course, was referring to the four lawmakers he has attacked for days on end — all members of racial, ethnic or religious minority groups — at one point suggesting they “go back” to their countries, even though three were born in the United States.

The “go back” language is apparently resonating deeply with Trump supporters. When Trump singled out Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.), the only one who wasn’t born in the United States, the crowd erupted in a blood-curdling chant of “send her back."

Trump’s mention of Omar drew loud, sustained boos. Trump mangled Omar’s words to dishonestly paint her as an al-Qaeda sympathizer, and his tone dripped with contempt as he lingered over his pronunciation of Omar’s last name. This produced more scattered, angry catcalls.

When Trump repeated that the “hate-filled extremists” should “leave,” the cheering grew deafening. It’s important to reiterate here that Trump is talking about duly elected members of Congress andsingling out those who are members of racial, ethnic and religious minorities as targets of his call to “leave.”

In other words, they are not members in good standing of the American nation. These are well-worn white-nationalist tropes, a contemporary iteration of this country’s long history of illiberal racial nationalism. These are what the crowd cheered.

Racist tropes are central to Trump’s campaign

Trump views energizing his base around such tropes as central to his reelection. The Associated Press reports that Trump and his campaign believe that placing “racial polarization at the center of his call to voters” carries “far more benefits than risks.”

We know what Trump is doing here. The reporting has established a pattern, in which Trump’s racist provocations are employed deliberately to foment racism, rage and/or hate among his supporters. Trump’s belief that his base would cheer was partly what drove his attacks on African American athletes and his refusal to condemn white-supremacist violence.

Not all of Trump’s advisers are so sure this will work in 2020. According to the New York Times, some believe “divisive cultural clashes” are risky. They think Trump’s “relentless focus on immigration and other nationalist themes” may have alienated suburban swing voters, leading a large popular majority to deliver the House to Democrats in 2018.

The early polls suggest the worriers are probably right. Large majorities reject Trump’s attacks as racist and offensive. You can bet many of those voters are ones Trump must win back after the GOP lost them in 2018.

A lot is at stake

With reports coming in from abroad of intense interest in how we’re handling this moment, it’s worth recalling that America’s racial struggles have commanded international attention throughout our history.

During the Civil War, as Helena Rosenblatt writes in “The Lost History of Liberalism,” European liberals believed the long-term international survival of liberal democracy was “linked to the survival of the Union” and saw Abraham Lincoln as a test for whether enlightened leadership could prevent popular government from sliding into despotism.

Mann, the historian mentioned above, notes that the civil rights movement also drew intense global scrutiny. “From the Montgomery bus boycott through Selma and beyond, the movement in the United States was an international story,” Mann told me.

Movement leaders regularly noted that the endurance of Jim Crow and the era’s violent white-supremacist resistance undermined our international “moral standing,” Mann added. When the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts passed in the 1960s, seemingly putting us on a better path, he said, it sent a “message to oppressed peoples around the world.”

It has been widely noted that Democrats are consumed in a debate over how aggressively to confront Trump’s racism and white nationalism. But, notwithstanding that most Republicans are sitting this out or actively rallying behind Trump, shouldn’t this be a national debate?

A lot is at stake here. As Vox’s Sean Illing notes, the sight of Trump “leading a white mob in a chant” about sending a black Congresswoman “home” will be “featured in history books for decades to come.”

History and the world are watching.

33 minutes ago, Mark F said:

A few words from Trump and these people would go out to the street and lynch somebody.

Doesn't the Emperor have something more important to do than have a rally every month, stroking his ego has gotten out of hand, maybe with so much free time he should learn how to spell.. You are right one of these days at one of these rallies he will say that if you are brown or black and don't love America you should be taken out and one of those whack jobs in attendance will take what he said literally.

5 hours ago, Wideleft said:

History and the world are watching.

I thought we'd got past this type of xenophobic nonsense but apparently, history remains doomed to repeat itself. Disgusting times.

And now the backpedalling begins: https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-send-her-back-attempts-distance-1.5216657

U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday sought to distance himself from supporters' chants of "Send her back" after he criticized Somali-born Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar at a rally in North Carolina.

"I felt a little bit badly about it," Trump told reporters at the White House when asked about the chants, which drew an outpouring of criticism. "I disagreed with it. But again I didn't say that. They did. And I disagreed with."

Speaking in the Oval Office, Trump claimed he tried to stop the chant, which came after he recited a litany of complaints about Omar, the Minnesota representative who fled to the U.S. as a child with her family from violence-wracked Somalia. Video shows the president pausing his remarks, appearing to drink in the uproar and not admonishing his supporters as they chanted.

"I was not happy with it," Trump said a day later as some prominent Republicans criticized the chant at the president's re-election event. He said he "would certainly try" to stop the chant should it return at a subsequent rally.

He's clearly just a senile old man.

Edited by blue_gold_84
link added

26 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I thought we'd got past this type of xenophobic nonsense but apparently, history remains doomed to repeat itself. Disgusting times.

And now the backpedalling begins: https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-send-her-back-attempts-distance-1.5216657

Or... a yugefucking liar. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

45 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Or... a yugefucking liar. 

Image result for why not both gif

3 hours ago, Zontar said:

Old enough to remember when  "forget Mueller, that's just a sideshow,  the SDNY thing is the REAL investigation that's REALLY going to take em down"

No clue if anything is going to take him down. too many (mostly republican) cowards enabling his systematic destruction of decorum, decency and democracy. 

10 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

No clue if anything is going to take him down. too many (mostly republican) cowards enabling his systematic destruction of decorum, decency and democracy. 

Right  All those hard core rightists in NY legal circles obstructing.

11 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Right  All those hard core rightists in NY legal circles obstructing.

I was referring to the Senate actually.

Regardless- it will be interesting when things finally boil over. I am expecting an epic flood of incriminating and damning evidence to surface. 

And if I am wrong and he is exonorated- I will totally eat crow.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

9 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I was referring to the Senate actually.

Regardless- it will be interesting when things finally boil over. I am expecting an epic flood of incriminating and damning evidence to surface. 

And if I am wrong and he is exonorated- I will totally eat crow.

Plate of crow still  on the table for progressives  getting cold and stale from past "bombshells", "Tick. .tick..tick", "walls closing in" etc.

Edited by Zontar

2 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

You're not suggesting he's innocent, are you?

When Democratic lawyers and prosecutors in the second most liberal state in the country still can't pin a real crime on him ....it's a strong suggestion

Edited by Zontar

3-Year-Old Asked To Pick Parent In Attempted Family Separation, Her Parents Say

"At a Border Patrol holding facility in El Paso, Texas, an agent told a Honduran family that one parent would be sent to Mexico while the other parent and their three children could stay in the United States, according to the family. The agent turned to the couple's youngest daughter — 3-year-old Sofia, whom they call Sofi — and asked her to make a choice.

"The agent asked her who she wanted to go with, mom or dad," her mother, Tania, told NPR through an interpreter. "And the girl, because she is more attached to me, she said mom. But when they started to take [my husband] away, the girl started to cry. The officer said, 'You said [you want to go] with mom.' ""

"The family fled Honduras after Tania witnessed her mother get killed. Her sister-in-law also was a witness and was later kidnapped, tortured and slain to keep her from testifying. The gang MS-13 then posted a note on the family's door telling them they had 45 minutes to leave, Tania said. That's when the family left to seek asylum in the U.S."

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/15/741721660/follow-up-what-happened-after-a-border-agent-asked-toddler-to-pick-a-parent?utm_term=nprnews&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=npr&fbclid=IwAR24UagWriyNZtyHr01IYsPK0_TjzxMeSP8TXoqIQb6e2m87bv2lYxQQUDg

Edited by Wideleft

The only thing saving Trump from being charged right now on any number of crimes is the force field of the WH, once he is removed from there his lawyers will be working 24/7 trying to keep him out of jail, and yes I said removed he will not leave peacefully.