US Politics

Rich

48 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Another best of the best out of the Trump administration.

Great that Acosta is out, but now we have to suffer through another acting appointment with someone not nearly qualified as the last... Which is saying a lot, cuz those initial appointments- abysmal. 

I mean, what the **** are they going to replace Betsy Devos with once she's out? A sac of wet hammers?

4 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Great that Acosta is out, but now we have to suffer through another acting appointment with someone not nearly qualified as the last... Which is saying a lot, cuz those initial appointments- abysmal. 

I mean, what the **** are they going to replace Betsy Devos with once she's out? A sac of wet hammers?

These acting appointment needs to stop he should nominate and then the nomination should have to be vetted and approved.

Somebody in USA needs to be charged criminally for the conditions they are holding immigrant children under.

Has to be some sort of criminal offence.

And hopefully it finds its way to Trump.

I can't believe the complacency down there about these disgraceful things.

Rep. Ilhan Omar Has Been A U.S. Citizen Longer Than Melania Trump

Donald Trump presumably doesn't question his wife's right to criticize her adopted country.

President Donald Trump is once again ignoring the truth with his racist attackson four progressive congresswomen. He’s also ignoring the parallels with his own family’s immigrant history.

The president launched a Twitter tirade on Sunday that urged the four lawmakers to “go back” to countries “they originally came from.” As many have pointed out, three of his targets ― Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Rashida Tlaib of Michigan and Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts ― were born in the U.S.

On Monday, CNN’s Jake Tapper noted an interesting comparison in relation to the fourth congresswoman, Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, who immigrated to America as a child from Somalia and became a U.S. citizen as a teenager.

“Longer than the first lady,” Tapper noted.

Omar became a citizen in 2000 at the age of 17, while Melania Trump became a citizen six years later at the age of 36, a year after she married the future president.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/ilhan-omar-citizen-longer-melania-trump_n_5d2cfd80e4b0a5833c5d8a31

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

Omar became a citizen in 2000 at the age of 17

So far, Trump has lived a consequence free life and Presidency (puke) , in spite of all of his well known and admitted nasty works.

At this point, I think that will continue, since for reasons unknown to me, nobody in a postition to do something, seems to want to.

I seriously wonder how far Putin's file of dirt reaches. Might  wonder about Lindsay Graham and McConnell.

And I suspect Jeffrey Epstein has something on Trump.

Edited by Mark F

Good grief... the channel has been changed. 

Last week there was talk about the trump and a pedophile. Now no one is talking about that. 

It's kind of surface brilliance... Looks genius at first glance then you think.. "Yeah I would prefer to be looked at as racist than a ******* peder-ass". The choice is not really a choice.

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I believe there is lots of Russian money being spent in mcconnells region.

Rusal,

Dropped $200 million into his riding. 

Oh Yeah, that is the company Oleg Deripaska is head of, who recently had sanctions lifted... guess which way cocaine Mitch voted onlifting Sanctions?

https://www.newsweek.com/company-russian-oligarch-millions-aluminum-plant-mitch-mcconnell-1397061

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

7 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Antifa firebombed an immigrant detention centre and AOC refused to condemn the attack, Ilhan Omar refuses to condemn Al Qaeda, well those are the people that are supposed to be our moral leaders? The moral here is if you don't like something, blow it up.

It wasn't Antifa, it was a guy "who really liked to attend a lot of Antifa rallies".  There is a difference.

You are right though, there is a lot of hypocrisy going on.

21 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Antifa firebombed an immigrant detention centre and AOC refused to condemn the attack, Ilhan Omar refuses to condemn Al Qaeda, well those are the people that are supposed to be our moral leaders? The moral here is if you don't like something, blow it up.

Refusing to condemn or refusing to acknowledge trump's lies?

You got a link to the AOC thing- cuz all I get is louder with crowder and the rebel media... I would ******* ignore those media outlets too. 

So out of everything AOC has said or championed- that is your take away? That is 100% cherry picking and taking things without context. 

Shoot me some links and I will check them out- I am all for discussing it. Help give me context here please. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

28 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Shoot me some links and I will check them out-

I am going to go out on a limb /(snark), and guess that she was never asked about it. That becomes "refused to condemn"

no way on this earth that she would say anything good about a terrorist attack, or have see any good in it in any way.

Edited by Mark F

4 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Refusing to condemn or refusing to acknowledge trump's lies?

You got a link to the AOC thing- cuz all I get is louder with crowder and the rebel media... I would ******* ignore those media outlets too. 

So out of everything AOC has said or championed- that is your take away? That is 100% cherry picking and taking things without context. 

Shoot me some links and I will check them out- I am all for discussing it. Help give me context here please. 

Ahh so because the Rebel asked the question, she doesn't have to answer it?  Is that how it works? 

"Oh you are right wing, so I don't answer your questions. I only accept questions from left wing media."

How absurd! The Rebel reporter asked whether she condemns the attack on the facility and she refused to answer. Of course it is AOC's own rule that if she refuses to answer, we have no choice but to believe she condones it:

9 hours ago, Atomic said:

Ahh so because the Rebel asked the question, she doesn't have to answer it?  Is that how it works? 

"Oh you are right wing, so I don't answer your questions. I only accept questions from left wing media."

How absurd! The Rebel reporter asked whether she condemns the attack on the facility and she refused to answer. Of course it is AOC's own rule that if she refuses to answer, we have no choice but to believe she condones it:

Equating the two is silly- one, is an agenda driven second tier "media outlet" that is sticking a mic in your face trying to force a gotcha moment- the other, is an opportunity to rebuke a racist presidents racist comments on your own terms where you have time to thoughtfully gathered your thoughts and hold your own press conference and release a statement.

Replying to the rebel media if you are on the left, is never a good thing- if you aren't carrying the conservative water, they are going to spin it. The rebel is not even a news organization- it's basically fox news, if fox news dropped it's news section. It's been described as "The Rebel Media is a Canadian far-right political and social commentary media website." not even news- so what kind of journalistic integrity are they beholden to?  That is the equivalent if the young turks were chasing down cocaine mitch and demanding him to denounce whateveryouwantatthispoint and getting outraged if he didn't respond, because of course he isn't and he really ******* shouldn't.   

For the record, I think it is silly when any of these media outlets are walking beside republican lawmakers and sticking mics in their faces trying to get a gotcha moment too. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Trumps approval rating with repubs went up after his racist comments. Overall they webt down tho but.. Says all u need to know about Republicans. Gotta give Trump some credit.. He knows that his ppl are dumb uninformed hillbilly racists and he plays up to that... Truly hes following the nazi handbook. Its insane. 

Edited by Goalie