US Politics

Rich

Quote from an essay written in 2012 by Josh Hawley who is now a Senator for Missouri.

Scripture teaches that political government is mandated by God for his service and is one means by which the enthroned Christ carries out his rule….

These things together tell us something quite important about what government is for, and what Christians should be trying to do with it and with politics. Government serves Christ’s kingdom rule; this is its purpose. And Christians’ purpose in politics should be to advance the kingdom of God — to make it more real, more tangible, more present. 

The Senator for Missouri is calling for a Theocracy. (and supports Trump 😂)

The East coast, West coast, and Northern states,  should just let the Southern states secede. 

Edited by Mark F

11 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I will always have the utmost respect for Jon Stewart, taking up the fight about this:

Do you remember this ?

A scientist for the Environmental Protection Agency is charging that the agency lied when it claimed the air at ground zero was safe to breathe in the weeks after the 9/11 attacks.

In an exclusive interview, Cate Jenkins. Ph.D., tells The Early Show national correspondent Tracy Smith that wasn't so, and EPA officials knew it, but covered up the truth.

Many workers who sifted through the wreckage have since come down with serious respiratory illnesses.

On Sept. 13, 2001, then-EPA head Christine Todd Whitman told reporters at ground zero, "We have not seen any reason — any readings that have indicated any health hazard."

I remember at the time, they were concerned that the stock market would have to be closed.

so they sacrificed these people's lives.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/insider-epa-lied-about-wtc-air/

I have had my eyes opened so much in the last twenty years.... 

The first real eye opener for me was an article in the Nation magazine about the origins (Dupont) of tetra ethyl leaded gas. It was my first realization of how cruel and greedy some of these people are.

How did lead get into gasoline in the first place? And why is leaded gas still being sold in the Third World, Eastern Europe and elsewhere? Recently uncovered documents from the archives of the aforementioned industrial behemoths and the US government, a new skein of academic research and a careful reading of that long-ago period’s historical record, as well as dozens of interviews conducted by The Nation, tell the true story of leaded gasoline, a sad and sordid commercial venture that would tiptoe its way quietly into the black hole of history if the captains of industry were to have their way.

https://www.thenation.com/article/secret-history-lead/

Alfred McCoy...... Book "The Politics of heroin in South East Asia" 

"Politics of Heroin documents CIA complicity and aid to the Southeast Asian opium/heroin trade. The book explained that most of the world's heroin was produced in the Golden Triangle and transported by the United States.

It is transported in the planes, vehicles, and other conveyances supplied by the United States. The profit from the trade has been going into the pockets of some of our best friends in Southeast Asia. The charge concludes with the statement that the traffic is being carried on with the indifference if not the closed-eye compliance of some American officials, and there is no likelihood of its being shut down in the foreseeable future.[1]

Air America, covertly owned and operated by the CIA, was used to transport the illicit drugs."

Same thing happened with cocaine, and the Contras.

Pretty hard to see the US government as the white knights they portray themselves as, after you become educated.

got a litle carried away here. 

Edited by Mark F
edit

Trump's last goofy story

It's all right here — but you can't see it yet.

That's what President Donald Trump told reporters Tuesday as he removed a piece of paper from his suit jacket pocket, waved it around and claimed it contained the details of his secret agreement with the Mexican government that Mexican officials have expressed confusion about.

"Right here is the agreement," Trump said. "It's very simple. It's right here. And in here is everything you want to talk about. Done. It's done. It's done."

He added: "That's the agreement that everybody says I don't have."

Worst liar ever.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-waves-single-sheet-paper-he-claims-holds-secret-mexico-n10

Good thing Americans don't "do" embarrassment.

Trust me - read this.  The headline does not begin to describe how strange her life and her connections to a Hindu cult and international pyramid scheme run by QNET are.

Tulsi Gabbard Had a Very Strange Childhood

Which may help explain why she’s out of place in today’s Democratic Party. And her long-shot 2020 candidacy.

"For many years in Kailua, the Gabbards’ known involvement with the Science of Identity went largely unremarked upon. It took an outsider, a 45-year-old special-education teacher and independent journalist Christine Gralow, who moved to the island just three years ago, to get curious enough to start asking questions. She mapped a web of relationships among devotees. “I had no idea,” she told me, “that this was going to lead me to Tulsi Gabbard.”"

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/06/tulsi-gabbard-2020-presidential-campaign.html

Also:

https://www.meanwhileinhawaii.org/home/butlersweb

Edited by Wideleft

2 hours ago, Wideleft said:

Trust me - read this.  The headline does not begin to describe how strange her life and her connections to a Hindu cult and international pyramid scheme run by QNET are.

Tulsi Gabbard Had a Very Strange Childhood

Which may help explain why she’s out of place in today’s Democratic Party. And her long-shot 2020 candidacy.

"For many years in Kailua, the Gabbards’ known involvement with the Science of Identity went largely unremarked upon. It took an outsider, a 45-year-old special-education teacher and independent journalist Christine Gralow, who moved to the island just three years ago, to get curious enough to start asking questions. She mapped a web of relationships among devotees. “I had no idea,” she told me, “that this was going to lead me to Tulsi Gabbard.”"

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/06/tulsi-gabbard-2020-presidential-campaign.html

Also:

https://www.meanwhileinhawaii.org/home/butlersweb

I have always had mixed feeling about Gabbard. I like her sane approach to foreign policies- but she is all over the page with other issues...

8 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I have always had mixed feeling about Gabbard. I like her sane approach to foreign policies- but she is all over the page with other issues...

Reading the articles from both links (the second is essentially the main source for the first) will enlighten you about her foreign policy philosophies and her other issues.

I'm really surprised this hasn't garnered more attention.

3 hours ago, Wideleft said:

Reading the articles from both links (the second is essentially the main source for the first) will enlighten you about her foreign policy philosophies and her other issues.

I'm really surprised this hasn't garnered more attention.

if she hits double digits in the polls, they will absolutely bring up Siddhaswarupananda.

Trump is not even hiding that he is a criminal and has done criminal things in the past, even going as far as saying the FBI chief is wrong about using information from foreign governments. As for Hope Hicks you're not going to get anything out of her next week as she is testifying behind closed doors with a WH lawyer by her side. Democrats should just concentrate on defeating Trump and rounding up the lot of them when he is out of the WH.

83 Environmental Rules Being Rolled Back Under Trump

"President Trump has made eliminating federal regulations a priority. His administration, with help from Republicans in Congress, has often targeted environmental rules it sees as burdensome to the fossil fuel industry and other big businesses.

A New York Times analysis, based on research from Harvard Law School, Columbia Law School and other sources, counts more than 80 environmental rules and regulations on the way out under Mr. Trump."

49 ROLLBACKS COMPLETED    34 ROLLBACKS IN PROCESS    83 TOTAL ROLLBACKS
 Air pollution and emissions                      10                                                   12                                                  22
 Drilling and extraction                                 9                                                     9                                                   18
 Infrastructure and planning                        12                                                    1                                                   13
 Animals                                                        8                                                    2                                                   10
 Toxic substances and safety                        3                                                    2                                                     5
 Water pollution                                             4                                                    3                                                     7
 Other                                                            3                                                    5                                                     8

41 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Phase two of the ramp up to war with Iran....stay tuned.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/tankers-gulf-oman-hormuz-1.5173404

So which incident does this most remind us of?

• Celle Hole
  • CIA Operation Ajax (United States overthrowing of Mohammed Mossadeq, Prime Minister of Iran, in 1953)[25]
  • Gleiwitz incident aka Operation Himmler
  • Lavon Affair Israeli attempt to plant bombs in Western targets in Egypt, in blaming Arab elements
  • Marxist-Leninist Party of the Netherlands (fake party set up by the Dutch security service)
  • Masada Action and Defense Movement (French white supremacists, under the guise of a fake extremist Zionist movement, conducted bombings of Arab targets in France in an attempt to start a war between French Arabs and Jews.)
  • Operation Greif during Battle of the Bulge
  • Operation Northwoods in the wake of the Cuban Revolution
  • First of the Baralong incidents
  • Reichstag fire
  • The Lavon affair
  • Project TP-Ajax
  • Russo-Swedish War
  • Second Sino-Japanese War
  • Gleiwitz incident
  • Winter War
  • Lebanon from 1979 to 1983
  • Iraq War?

43 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

• Celle Hole
  • CIA Operation Ajax (United States overthrowing of Mohammed Mossadeq, Prime Minister of Iran, in 1953)[25]
  • Lavon Affair Israeli attempt to plant bombs in Western targets in Egypt, in blaming Arab elements
  • Marxist-Leninist Party of the Netherlands (fake party set up by the Dutch security service)
  • Masada Action and Defense Movement (French white supremacists, under the guise of a fake extremist Zionist movement, conducted bombings of Arab targets in France in an attempt to start a war between French Arabs and Jews.)
  • Reichstag fire
  • The Lavon affair
  • Project TP-Ajax
  • Russo-Swedish War
  • Gleiwitz incident
  • Winter War
  • Iraq War?

I'd like to read more about these events, do you have a link?

3 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

• Celle Hole
  • Reichstag fire
  • The Lavon affair
  • Project TP-Ajax
  • Russo-Swedish War
  • Gleiwitz incident
  • Winter War
  • Iraq War?