US Politics

Rich

22 minutes ago, bustamente said:

If Warren does win the nominations I don't think that Trump will be circling behind her like a lech like he did to Clinton during the debates, she would probably decked him, and that would be must see tv.

I think if she wins the nomination, she might very well be the first politician to say" Shut the **** up Donnie" to his face.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

She so many shades of AWESOME

"more tougher" 😂, what a dope.   

That guy is nervous as a cat.....the banking class are clearly very afraid of her. She advocated prosecution, when Obama was calling them "savvy businessman" 2008.

Edited by Mark F

off topic, but Obama.... he was fake news

His biggest mistake—and in my view anyway, a mistake that undermined his presidency—was to turn to the very people who had deregulated Wall Street as his senior economic team. These were the protégés of former Citibank and Goldman chieftain and top Clinton economic official Robert Rubin, many of whom had led the parade to let Wall Street run wild.

These included Lawrence Summers, Timothy Geithner and Ben Bernanke (a carryover Bush appointee reappointed by Obama), but also other denizens of the Wall Street-Washington revolving door who not only supported deregulation but also austerity, and deregulation disguised as trade, such as Peter Orszag and Michael Froman.

4 hours ago, bustamente said:

If Warren does win the nominations I don't think that Trump will be circling behind her like a lech like he did to Clinton during the debates, she would probably decked him, and that would be must see tv.

hey if anyone does that, that would actually be worth paying for Pay Per View...man I really do miss that PPV Info channel, all we have left is the memorable Ident (I tried looking but nothing with the voice over or the music with the listings)

Black: self-entitled, arrogant and felonious 1%er, right winger, with an ego the size of a ship.....was found guilty of mail fraud and obstruction in 2007 in a ploy to swindle millions of dollars from investors in his media company. 
Add to that the fawning book and a number of articles, in the G&M, sucking the blacking from Trump's boots, last couple of years.

Makes perfect sense.  Birds of a feather.

Edited by do or die

Maya makes an excellent point...

Don jr is a private citizen.

Now private citizens are allowed to stonewall and dictate the terms on which they can appear to congress... 

It's worth a listen.

No Russia, No Mueller- just counter intel investigation. people should be very concerned about what is happening. A sitting Senator is telling a citizen to ignore a subpoena and stone wall congress... and hey that's ok... dafuq?

Democrats are in quite the pickle here... politically, it's hazardous to impeach- but in order to uphold the constitution, they HAVE to. 

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) confronted a CEO Thursday for pricing a drug designed to reduce the risk of HIV transmission at $8 in Australia but over $1,500 in the U.S.

"You're the CEO of Gilead. Is it true that Gilead made $3 billion in profits from Truvada in 2018?" Ocasio-Cortez asked Gilead CEO Daniel O'Day.

"$3 billion in revenue," he clarified.

"The current list price is $2,000 a month in the United States, correct?" she asked, referring to Truvada.

"It's $1,780 in the United States," O'Day responded.

"Why is it $8 in Australia?" Ocasio-Cortez countered.

"Truvada still has patent protection in the United States and in the rest of the world it is generic," O'Day explained.

"I think it's important here that we notice that we the public, we the people, developed this drug. We paid for this drug, we lead and developed all the patents to create Prep and then that patent has been privatized despite the fact that the patent is owned by the public, who refused to enforce it," Ocasio-Cortez said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/444091-ocasio-cortez-confronts-ceo-for-nearly-2k-price-tag-on-drug-that-costs-8-in

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Turtle may say "case closed" but it's far from that, the Flynn story today proves that.

What's crazy... is the fact the sanctions on Russian oligarch Oleg V. Deripaska were lifted this year.

The Owner of Rusal, the Russian aluminium Company.

The same company that is pumping in +$200 million into... the great state of Kentucky.

Guess who voted to lift sanctions on the Russian Oligarch? Kentucky’s senators, Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul. Gee.... what the ****... they aren't even trying to hide this corruption. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/16/us/politics/rusal-investment-kentucky.html

26 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Guess who voted to lift sanctions on the Russian Oligarch? Kentucky’s senators, Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul. Gee.... what the ****... they aren't even trying to hide this corruption. 

when no one holds them accountable why hide it?