US Politics

Rich

23 hours ago, Mark F said:

Man this is the worst possible news.  The very worst thing I have heard since Bush and Cheney invaded Iraq.

"Vote Trump, Hillary will start WW 3" said many stupid people.

Fun fact. Hillary, Biden and Schumer voted yes to invade Iraq in 2003

Edited by Zontar

2 hours ago, Wideleft said:

Alabama law is the flip side to the radical abortion at any time including post birth demands the Left either refuses to distance itself from or tacitly supports. 

The more radical the Left moves on abortion the more you'll see decisions like this.

Edited by Zontar

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

You don't say? "small stuff" and did not merit the military planning being driven by John Bolton."

This administration is ******* crazy. 

It would be an interesting development if the American media did not cheer-lead this invasion and actually provided a critical voice, something they have not done since the Vietnam war.  Unfortunately without a steady stream of body bags filled with kids on the news nightly the American public will not pay any attention to this conflict.

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

It would be an interesting development if the American media did not cheer-lead this invasion and actually provided a critical voice, something they have not done since the Vietnam war.  Unfortunately without a steady stream of body bags filled with kids on the news nightly the American public will not pay any attention to this conflict.

You **** with their oil supply and you will pay the price. 

2 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yeah, they did. 

Good thing that it isn't 2003? And not Iraq?

And maybe they can learn from history. 

Thanks for pointing that out.

So if you think invading sovereign  countries is the sole perview of Republicans you are wrong. Ridiculously wrong.

8 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Alabama law is the flip side to the radical abortion at any time including post birth demands the Left either refuses to distance itself from or tacitly supports. 

The more radical the Left moves on abortion the more you'll see decisions like this.

There is nothing radical about a woman wanting autonomy over her body.  

There is no such thing as a post birth abortion program or procedure, so that dog don't hunt.

Abortion rights have been increasingly restricted over the last 10 years, so it's not the "radicals on the left" (you know the ones advocating for equal rights) who are creating the action that the "equal and opposite reaction" that  Alabama just approved.

24 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yeah, they did. 

Good thing that it isn't 2003? And not Iraq?

And maybe they can learn from history. 

Thanks for pointing that out.

19 minutes ago, Zontar said:

So if you think invading sovereign  countries is the sole perview of Republicans you are wrong. Ridiculously wrong.

Where, in what you quoted, did I say that?

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

19 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

There is nothing radical about a woman wanting autonomy over her body.  

There is no such thing as a post birth abortion program or procedure, so that dog don't hunt.

Abortion rights have been increasingly restricted over the last 10 years, so it's not the "radicals on the left" (you know the ones advocating for equal rights) who are creating the action that the "equal and opposite reaction" that  Alabama just approved.

Was referring to those on the Left that see nothing wrong with killing a baby after second trimester up to and including post birth. They have out muscled and shouted down those who were happy with the "safe, legal and rare" approach because they weren't "woke" enough.

Can only assume Alabama law makers drew a line in the sand. If they are seen to be wrong at election time then they will be voted out.

31 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Was referring to those on the Left that see nothing wrong with killing a baby after second trimester up to and including post birth. They have out muscled and shouted down those who were happy with the "safe, legal and rare" approach because they weren't "woke" enough.

Can only assume Alabama law makers drew a line in the sand. If they are seen to be wrong at election time then they will be voted out.

Again, no such thing as post-birth abortions.  That is technically impossible.

Secondly, the use of the word "baby" is misapplied in this particular medical discussion.  What you mean is "fetus".

Thirdly, this is nothing more than an overt effort to overturn Roe v Wade:

“This bill is about challenging Roe v. Wade and protecting the lives of the unborn because an unborn baby is a person who deserves love and protection,” Alabama state Rep. Terri Collins (R), the sponsor of the bill, said after the vote Tuesday night. “I have prayed my way through this bill. This is the way we get where we want to get eventually.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/05/15/gops-frontal-assault-roe-v-wade-shows-they-understand-power/?utm_term=.3e513421c65e

Edited by Wideleft

18 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

I have prayed my way through this bill. This is the way we get where we want to get eventually.”

This is good, running a state, Province, nation,  according to your religious code. Always works well.

And in this case, the various Americans Christian groups get along so well. 

They are facked.

Edited by Mark F

4 minutes ago, do or die said:

When Bush stated that the upcoming battle against Saddam, was to simply ensure the sovereignty of Kuwait.....I laughed for about 5 minutes....

Remember this 

Nabil Shaath, who was Palestinian foreign minister at the time, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

A religious crackpot, who thinks God told him invade Iraq. one million dead.

As Trump lies about Iran, remember this testimony all of which is a lie, and which was the final push needed to get the vote authorization invasion of Iraq. I remember at the time some legislators saying they were skeptical about the invasion till they heard this:

The Nayirah testimony was a false testimony given before the Congressional Human Rights Caucus on October 10, 1990 by a 15-year-old girl who provided only her first name, Nayirah. The testimony was widely publicized, and was cited numerous times by United States senators and President George H. W. Bush in their rationale to back Kuwait in the Gulf War.

Of course no consequence to the scum that perpetrated this evil.

35 minutes ago, Mark F said:

As Trump lies about Iran, remember this testimony all of which is a lie, and which was the final push needed to get the vote authorization invasion of Iraq. I remember at the time some legislators saying they were skeptical about the invasion till they heard this:

Of course no consequence to the scum that perpetrated this evil.

Holy ****- I had no idea that testimony was fake....