US Politics

Rich

5 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

It's not so weird when you recognize that Mueller is a law and order <insert Sam Waterson joke> person who upholds the law and constitution.

But yeah, I get what you are saying... 

Yeah. I hear ya. It must be so damning towards all Republicans

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Oh wow- here we go:

Man this is the worst possible news.  The very worst thing I have heard since Bush and Cheney invaded Iraq.

"Vote Trump, Hillary will start WW 3" said many stupid people.

13 hours ago, Zontar said:

Guessing you didn't catch the clips from CNNs town hall with Cory Booker.

I did. Here it is, in fact. You can watch and critique the whole thing, but I looked specifically at the first 30 second intro here as a comparison:

And here is a Fox news "personality" (host, whatever term you want to tag him with, even "radio host", but he does show up on TV and is likely better known for that) for comparison's sake:

So I see a difference. You may not. It may be enough for you that each "newsman" is on stage with a political candidate at a partisan event (one calls itself a town hall but is acknowledged as being in front of "Democrats and Independents who are going to participate in the democratic primaries" and the other is a rally for the Republican President) and everything else is just semantics. I see differences in the intent of each event, in the approach taken by each newsman and their role, their level of personal interaction with the politician, and in how they "work the crowd" and in the message they deliver overall. And since this was an issue of "most biased", I'm not sure what can be said to explain the phrase "those people at the back are fake news, by the way" by a news personality, who is introduced as "someone who has been with us since the beginning, who has done an incredible job for us" when news reporters are not supposed to be about "us" and "them" or "doing jobs" for elected leaders, at least in my day.

But I have my opinion , you have yours, so I will just let others see the unredacted clips and come to their own conclusions about what they believe.

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

Biden is the front runner right now - on name recognition, likeability and ability to raise dough.   But I suspect as time wears on - his age, perceived lack of "killer" and being labelled as "yesterday's man, "status quo" by the progressives, will take it's toll.

16 minutes ago, do or die said:

Biden is the front runner right now - on name recognition, likeability and ability to raise dough.   But I suspect as time wears on - his age, perceived lack of "killer" and being labelled as "yesterday's man, "status quo" by the progressives, will take it's toll.

I hope you are right. 

I see your logic in this. I also see and agree many of the issues you underlined.

I think Biden Etc.. All have 1 thing that the Republicans dont have going for them and that is... They aren't Trump and they aren't Republicans. The US is a joke right now and i think the majority including Florida and other big Republican states that barely went Trump last time, the voter demographic is changing in the US.. The young people who couldnt vote last time can now. 

AT&T promised 7,000 new jobs to get tax break—it cut 23,000 jobs instead

AT&T also cut capital spending despite promising $1 billion capital boost.

"AT&T has cut more than 23,000 jobs since receiving a big tax cut at the end of 2017, despite lobbying heavily for the tax cut by claiming that it would create thousands of jobs.

AT&T in November 2017 pushed for the corporate tax cut by promising to invest an additional $1 billion in 2018, with CEO Randall Stephenson saying that "every billion dollars AT&T invests is 7,000 hard-hat jobs. These are not entry-level jobs. These are 7,000 jobs of people putting fiber in ground, hard-hat jobs that make $70,000 to $80,000 per year."

The corporate tax cut was subsequently passed by Congress and signed into law by President Trump on December 22, 2017. The tax cut reportedly gave AT&T an extra $3 billion in cash in 2018."

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/05/att-promised-7000-new-jobs-to-get-tax-break-it-cut-23000-jobs-instead/?fbclid=IwAR2J55Zud3KMerd3MeJFypnNmvwVidmP4u85X6dhAqJvkuxNN870i2o8rZ8

5 hours ago, Mark F said:

Man this is the worst possible news.  The very worst thing I have heard since Bush and Cheney invaded Iraq.

Trump criticizes trump is a real thing. When Obama was president he accused him of wanting to to war with Iran as a distraction. 

Guy should own movie theaters, he's the best at projection.

45 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

AT&T also cut capital spending despite promising $1 billion capital boost.

very little if any of the money went to building new factories, buy machinery, opening new businesses, raising wages. workers got sweet folk all out of it.

it all went to buying back shares, which increases executive pay.

They have a guy in the states that is so incredibly wealthy, he can afford to put a lander on the moon, and pay for it by himself.

this is insane.

This is really the only legislation that has been passed under Trump's first term. Everything else he does by executive order.

It's actually amazing to see how much power US President has, legally, and without any oversight at all.

Trump is using it to destroy the environment, and the US and world economy.

Edited by Mark F

5 hours ago, Mark F said:

WHat is insane about this whole thing is that there is no pretext to this act of aggression. The USA is ratcheting up tensions and goading Iran- it is ******* lunacy!

When they deployed those war ships, they said there was “troubling and escalatory indications and warnings”... but no follow up. They have not provided any evidence at all... 

Looks like they are just going through the motions to preemptively strike Iran... Let's hope Congress gets a chance to stop this madness.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/05/09/if-the-us-is-going-to-war-with-iran-congress-needs-the-evidence-226867

5 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

They have not provided any evidence at all...

Same as Vietnam, same as Cuban invasion begining of 19th century, same as Iraq invasion. Afghanistan, eighteen years on.

They've learned they can do this, and get away with it.  $$$$$$$$$.

Do not think the group responsible fore Iraq invasion leave US soil very often.

Edited by Mark F

17 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I think Biden Etc.. All have 1 thing that the Republicans dont have going for them and that is... They aren't Trump and they aren't Republicans. The US is a joke right now and i think the majority including Florida and other big Republican states that barely went Trump last time, the voter demographic is changing in the US.. The young people who couldnt vote last time can now. 

Straight up popular vote... you can run a potato against trump and it would win.

Now... the thing is... voter suppression... gerrymandering  and electoral college. 

4 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

WHat is insane about this whole thing is that there is no pretext to this act of aggression. The USA is ratcheting up tensions and goading Iran- it is ******* lunacy!

When they deployed those war ships, they said there was “troubling and escalatory indications and warnings”... but no follow up. They have not provided any evidence at all... 

Looks like they are just going through the motions to preemptively strike Iran... Let's hope Congress gets a chance to stop this madness.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/05/09/if-the-us-is-going-to-war-with-iran-congress-needs-the-evidence-226867

They're obviously scurrying to get all of their ducks in a row but here is the beginning of the narrative......just sit back and watch it grow.

Bloody chicken shits will not set foot on land but will obliterate Iran from the sea and sky.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Alabama has the second highest rate of infant mortality in the United States.

According to the Alabama Department of Public Health in 2016, 537 infants died in Alabama, resulting in 9.1 infant deaths per 1,000 live births compared to the U.S. average of 5.9 infant deaths per 1,000 births.

The leading causes of infant death in Alabama are birth defects, preterm birth and or low birth weight and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

In Alabama, black infants die at twice the rate of white infants. Access to adequate healthcare is also a determining factor in infant health. Alabamians who live in rural areas often do not have the same healthcare resources afforded to those who live in urban and suburban areas.

United States has the worst overall child mortality rate compared with those of 19 other wealthy nations in the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.

That's according to a study published in the journal Health Affairs on Monday.(2018)

can't afford public healthcare in the USA, but can afford to send aircraft carriers to the Persian Gulf, and South China sea.

Many good people there, but the a$$holes are winning.

Edited by Mark F