US Politics

Rich

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

like CNN or MSNBC?

you think they are the equal of Fox News? 

The fact is that CNN and MSNBC are actually too kind to the right wing in the interest of not appearing biased. If they reported only facts they'd seem to skew a lot further left than they already do. 

7 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

try watching the idiot Don Lemon for five minutes, then ask me that question again.  He is beyond biased.  Just the worst.

If you mean “idiot” in the “stupid” sense, I would disagree. He is more opinion host than reporter (so much of cable news is these days, that downfall of straightforward reporting on all sides has led to this polarization). And his job is to enflame the passions of both sides. Since you have such a strong dislike of him, it sounds like he’s intelligent enough to push your buttons with his shtick.

And if he is beyond biased, wouldn’t that make him unbiased based on the strict definition of your words? I’m pretty sure I get the point you are trying to make, but it gets lost in your hyperbole. Funny how that can happen and sabotage an argument.

As for the worst, that’s a subjectively qualitative assessment, and certainly up for debate. I won’t get into a “pick your political side and defend it with name-calling” argument - there’s been a lot of that nonsense on both sides sprinkled into the last 3 pages of this thread in between the odd valid point. I will say this, I don’t recall Lemon climbing on stage and acting as the warm-up act for a sitting politician during a stump speech rally like another “newsman” has, so I personally would not rank him as the “worst” in terms of bias on that basis alone. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I will say this, I don’t recall Lemon climbing on stage and acting as the warm-up act for a sitting politician during a stump speech rally like another “newsman” has, so I personally would not rank him as the “worst” in terms of bias on that basis alone. 

Guessing you didn't catch the clips from CNNs town hall with Cory Booker.

Edited by Zontar

In my opinion, there has been a lot of embarrassing discourse going on in this thread today and over the last year or two.   After numerous attempts to try and curb peoples behavior people don't want to listen, so some lengthy suspensions have been handed out.   I'm tired of the stupidity that goes on in here daily, and I'm sure many others are as well.

If people can't have a discussion without belittling, making fun of, and insulting others, they aren't welcome to post here.  Interesting video here from 2020 Democratic Presidential Candidate Tulsi  Gabbard.

I recommend watching the whole thing, but this link has been queued up to start at 48:28.   Watch it for a good 5 - 7 minutes.  What Rogan is saying here is pretty applicable to what has been going on in here.  The amount of times I've been asked to remove posts for the simple reason that people don't agree with them is damn right scary.   I don't care if you are left or right leaning, if you aren't actually interested in discourse and give basic respect to people, and try to understand where someone is coming from society is going to a very very bad place.  

Forums are supposed to be about discussion.  Not silencing dissenting views or simply posting to "win" the debate at all costs.

12 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Well...he did it. He got me to like one of his tweets. (Not really but I do like the policy)

That is a great policy! But... there's gotta be some sort of catch, no?

oh yeah, take money from poor students...

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

8 hours ago, Zontar said:

Guessing you didn't catch the clips from CNNs town hall with Cory Booker.

Clips from a CNN (which I believe Lemon works at) townhall is a completely different animal than a trump political rally. That difference matters. A lot.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

25 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Clips from a CNN (which I believe Lemon works at) townhall is a completely different animal than a trump political rally. That difference matters. A lot.

As is comparing a radio talk show host to a news channel network anchor.

3 minutes ago, Zontar said:

FBI/DOJ : "Looking back, yes, maybe 'mistakes' and 'missteps' were made but our intentions were pure" or some such . Book it.

It's beyond the realm of possibility that there was a conspiracy at the highest levels of law enforcement to bring down a political candidate. Not even the Dems would stoop to such tactics, actually, it's exactly what they would do and then announce that it was for the good of the country. Breaking the law is okay if you meant well after all. 

2 hours ago, Zontar said:

AG Barr appoints prosecutor to investigate origins of Trump/ Russia/FBI. 

Prediction: Someone on the left will use the phrase "witch hunt" 100% irony free.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Actually the term is cover up  or misdirection. Which ever you prefer.

I think deflection also applies here.

I think there are ... 3 GOP led investigations into the oranges of the investigation of trump.

what is going to be interesting is that those investigations will more than likely find NOTHING damning (nitpicky things, sure) but nothing truly damning and the GOP will all be THIS IS PROOF BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT!!! blah blah blah.... yet nothing from the Mueller report- it is going to be ******* maddening... yet totally expected.

Its going to be a weaponized version of the nunes report... 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

13 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I think deflection also applies here.

I think there are ... 3 GOP led investigations into the oranges of the investigation of trump.

what is going to be interesting is that those investigations will more than likely find NOTHING damning (nitpicky things, sure) but nothing truly damning and the GOP will all be THIS IS PROOF BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT!!! blah blah blah.... yet nothing from the Mueller report- it is going to be ******* maddening... yet totally expected.

Its going to be a weaponized version of the nunes report... 

Durham will find that the investigation was done above board, but Barr will take it upon himself (again) to provide the summary which will read exactly how Trump wants it to read. 

The public will likely not get to see the actual Durham findings.

2 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Durham will find that the investigation was done above board, but Barr will take it upon himself (again) to provide the summary which will read exactly how Trump wants it to read. 

The public will likely not get to see the actual Durham findings.

Yeah, I agree. That seems the way it will go. 

Never liked Barr as choice for AG- exactly for these reasons... I feel vindicated.

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Its weird reoublicans refuse to release the report from Mueller who is a known Republican supporter. 

It's not so weird when you recognize that Mueller is a law and order <insert Sam Waterson joke> person who upholds the law and constitution.

But yeah, I get what you are saying... 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy