US Politics

Rich

51 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Sadly- AOC is too young to run for President... she would ******* crush Brokeahontas and become President. She would be a really good POTUS for the middle and lower class- and pretty much most of the USA.

they'd have to remove all of the garbage disposals in the White House though, as they seem to be too confusing for her.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7006645/AOC-baffled-new-D-C-apartments-garbage-disposal.html

Trump doesn’t know what a tariff is and routinely can’t spell using devices with spell check. But sure let’s link to an amusing story while making a clear insult about the intelligence of a black woman. 

Nothing else worth discussing today for certain people I guess.  

11 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

But sure let’s link to an amusing story while making a clear insult about the intelligence of a black woman. 

I have no idea what you are talking about.  Who is the "black woman" and why is her intelligence being "insulted"?  What is the point of this post?  Are you like this at your work too, walking around and telling people what they can and can't say, bullying them at every turn?  If so I pity your co-workers.

12 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

they'd have to remove all of the garbage disposals in the White House though, as they seem to be too confusing for her.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7006645/AOC-baffled-new-D-C-apartments-garbage-disposal.html

I love her response to the haters:

0c10224c-122e-413e-8980-e4ac5531d543-scr

She is freakin' AWESOME! 

and this, it make total sense now:

a16e3d8e-3db6-40e5-b3ae-8e4a432dffc3-scr

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Trump doesn’t know what a tariff is and routinely can’t spell using devices with spell check. But sure let’s link to an amusing story while making a clear insult about the intelligence of a black woman. 

Nothing else worth discussing today for certain people I guess.  

The woman in question took the time to respond - maybe she'd rather not discuss Trump's spell checking abilities. 

3 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

The woman in question took the time to respond - maybe she'd rather not discuss Trump's spell checking abilities. 

Sure. But when racist people make posts with hints of racism, you can do the match.   The goal is to poke fun at her intelligence.  And let’s not pretend on this case her skin colour didn’t factor into it. Super rich considering the intelligence of their main man. Haha

31 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Sure. But when racist people make posts with hints of racism, you can do the match.   The goal is to poke fun at her intelligence.  And let’s not pretend on this case her skin colour didn’t factor into it. Super rich considering the intelligence of their main man. Haha

When a politician says dumb things and outright incorrect things it's going to get called out and ridiculed to varying degrees.

It's the norm we all agreed to because we all participate in it.

Either stop virtue signalling or stop participating.

Can't do both.

Edited by Zontar

1 minute ago, Zontar said:

When a politician says dumb things and outright incorrect things it's going to get called out and ridiculed to varying degrees.

Stop pretending otherwise. 

Oh please. Don’t even get me started on you. You’re super transparent. 

1 hour ago, Zontar said:

Either stop virtue signalling or stop participating.

Can't do both.

Who’s virtue signalling?  And I haven’t agreed to anything with you. 

4 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I love her response to the haters:

I'm not sure who the "haters" are.  She posted an instagram video about how she didn't know what a garbage disposal is.  Like, why?  Who does that?  I am not sure why you do that, and not expect ridicule.  As Nanci Pelosi said, both of she and AOC won in districts that the Democrats could win running a glass of water.  Now it's time to step up, and show why you are better than a glass of water. 

Edited by kelownabomberfan

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Sure. But when racist people make posts with hints of racism, you can do the match.  

Just disgusting. 

The goal is to poke fun at her intelligence.

Not really.  There is no "fun poking" here.

And let’s not pretend on this case her skin colour didn’t factor into it.

You can pretend all you want.  It doesn't.  And throwing around these kinds of insults is just disgusting. Shame on you.

Super rich considering the intelligence of their main man. Haha

I have no idea who you are talking about?  Andrew Scheer?  Jagmeet Singh?  What is the "ha ha" here?

Edited by kelownabomberfan

28 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Just disgusting. 

Not really.  There is no "fun poking" here.

You can pretend all you want.  It doesn't.  And throwing around these kinds of insults is just disgusting. Shame on you.

I have no idea who you are talking about?  Andrew Scheer?  Jagmeet Singh?  What is the "ha ha" here?

So transparent. Lol

This guy sounds just as stupid as Trump. That's saying something. So North Korea has nuclear weapons, launches nuclear capable missiles, and they like/ trust him, Iran has no nuclear weapons, had no intention of getting them, and Trump and Pompeo try to start a war with Iran.

This dolt sounds like he isn't qualified to be a highschool football coach. These corrupt morons are a menace to the world in every way.

Edited by Mark F

10 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I'm not sure who the "haters" are.  She posted an instagram video about how she didn't know what a garbage disposal is.  Like, why?  Who does that?  I am not sure why you do that, and not expect ridicule.  As Nanci Pelosi said, both of she and AOC won in districts that the Democrats could win running a glass of water.  Now it's time to step up, and show why you are better than a glass of water. 

You are one of those "haters". 

Which is totally cool- that's your opinion. I can totally respect your right to an opinion. 

I just don't understand why pretend to not "get anything"- you are doing yourself a complete disservice.

48 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

It is so dishonest to claim that the USA is making money off of China through tariffs.... 

He's profoundly stupid. He probably thinks this is what happens.

Tillerson called him a "moron", Kelly called him an unhinged idiot, Mattis called him "fifth or sixth grade"

Both Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and former chief of staff Reince Priebus called Trump an “idiot,”  Former economic adviser Gary Cohn said Trump was “dumb as ****,” and former national security adviser H.R. McMaster said the president was a “dope,”

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon said in November 2017 that Trump was “like an 11-year-old child,

Those are his allies.

Probably being too kind.

Trump is the stupidest President of them all. I don't even have to look that up.

What does that tell you about the people that support him? god lord.

Raising tariffs will slow down the US economy. People will have less money, and won't be able to buy as much, due to the idiot's tariffs.

Edited by Mark F

His lack of intelligence is really shocking and alarming.  It’s not just intellectual, though you’d expect the president to be pretty well educated. It’s common sense or lack thereof coupled with lack of self control.  

Its no wonder it’s come out that his staff often ignored his orders. Which itself is really alarming actually.  He’s a lame duck president being handcuffed by his own staff for the good of the nation.  We’re long past debating trumps merit as president. It’s over. 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

22 minutes ago, Mark F said:

He's profoundly stupid. He probably thinks this is what happens.

Tillerson called him a "moron", Kelly called him an unhinged idiot, Mattis called him "fifth or sixth grade"

Those are his allies.

Probably being too kind.

Trump is the stupidest President of them all. I don't even have to look that up.

What does that tell you about the people that support him? god lord.

Raising tariffs will slow down the US economy. People will have less money, and won't be able to buy as much, due to the idiot's tariffs.

You can add uncharitable to his charm 😀

I hope the Democrats select Elizabeth Warren to run against Trump. She would destroy him and, be a good President.

Although it's easy to see why the corporate Democrats do not want her.

“Right here in Mingo County, people are on the front lines of this opioid epidemic and this is a way to draw attention to the urgency of the moment,” she told reporters after the town hall.

Warren’s four-stop tour Friday and Saturday took her from the small towns of Kermit and Chillicothe, Ohio to Columbus, Ohio and Cincinnati. The latter's narcotics problem is so bad that the local paper assigned a reporter to the heroin beat.

Warren’s approach to the opioid crisis — which calls for treating victims and punishing perpetrators — largely mirrors her response to the financial crisis, when she called for jailing bankers and providing mass assistance for homeowners.

Her trip is the latest iteration of her campaign strategy to distinguish as the most substantive and well-prepared candidate in the sprawling Democratic field. Each time Warren rolls out a policy proposal — almost invariably with the theme of curbing corporate power and Washington corruption — her team schedules on-the-ground events to draw further attention.

When she announced her plan to break up big technology companies, Warren went to the South by Southwest tech conference and then to Long Island City, New York where Amazon had planned to build a headquarters. She whistle-stopped through Tennessee, Alabama, and the Mississippi delta after she unveiled a housing proposal aimed at closing the racial wealth gap.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/11/warren-west-virginia-2020-1317611

She's extremely smart, organized, heart in the right place, likeable, and a fearless fighter.

Edited by Mark F

3 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I hope the Democrats select Elizabeth Warren to run against Trump. She would destroy him and, be a good President.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/11/warren-west-virginia-2020-1317611

She's extremely smart, organized, heart in the right place, likeable, and a fearless fighter.

She would be my pick- she seems to have an actual (and feasible) plan for ALL of her campaign promises.  

I think she could take on trump. Once that "Pocahontas" talking point was taken out of his arsenal, she would wipe the floor with him. 

The Fauxcohontas thing isn't going away. She gamed the affirmative action system by checking off the native American box on applications to further her career. Which speaks to her ethics etc. It will be brought up again by Democrats never mind POTUS. 

Immaterial anyway it's going to be Biden after the DNC crushes Sanders like they did last time around.