US Politics

Rich

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

So you think wage stagnation isn't a problem?

I think that it was condescending of the bank to lecture people on how to manage their money, but I also think that trying to score political points with this tweet was kind of silly too.  Both sides were pretty lame.  I don't know what wage stagnation has to do with this at all.  Raising wages doesn't stop people from wasting their money (not saying all people do this), they just waste more of it.

That being said I've got friends who work in banks and credit unions, and they see what people waste their money on every day, and it's pretty frustrating for them when they have someone on the other side of the table spending $100 a month on Spotify and other online social media memberships, but can't make their mortgage payment.  Lecturing them about how if they stop having five Starbucks a day, that it would probably help them make their mortgage payment easier,  might wake a few people up, but it's a personal responsibility issue at the end of the day.  A lot of people would prefer excuses for why they are living cheque to cheque rather than give up their daily spend on comforts.

Read the Wealthy Barber sometime.  The first thing he says to do is to track every dollar you spend for two months.  He says few people who do this do not end up amazed at how much they spend on micro-purchases in a month.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) told Axios' Mike Allen Friday that the House is considering reviving its "inherent contempt" power, which would allow Congress to enforce subpoenas through coercive measures like fines.

"Much as I like the visual of [throwing people in jail], I think it's far more practical to consider levying individual fines on the person — not the office — until they comply. You could fine someone $25,000 a day until they comply. You can do that. We're looking through the history and studying the law to make sure we're on solid ground."

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I think that it was condescending of the bank to lecture people on how to manage their money, but I also think that trying to score political points with this tweet was kind of silly too.  Both sides were pretty lame.  I don't know what wage stagnation has to do with this at all.  Raising wages doesn't stop people from wasting their money (not saying all people do this), they just waste more of it.

That being said I've got friends who work in banks and credit unions, and they see what people waste their money on every day, and it's pretty frustrating for them when they have someone on the other side of the table spending $100 a month on Spotify and other online social media memberships, but can't make their mortgage payment.  Lecturing them about how if they stop having five Starbucks a day, that it would probably help them make their mortgage payment easier,  might wake a few people up, but it's a personal responsibility issue at the end of the day.  A lot of people would prefer excuses for why they are living cheque to cheque rather than give up their daily spend on comforts.

Read the Wealthy Barber sometime.  The first thing he says to do is to track every dollar you spend for two months.  He says few people who do this do not end up amazed at how much they spend on micro-purchases in a month.

Well, I simply turn a blind eye.....when it comes to the gin, anyways..

More on this story 

Isn’t this what these clowns accused the Dems of doing (even though it wasn’t true)?   Looking for dirt on biden’s Son sounds like....a witch hunt. 

We know where the investigation began.  With trumps staff bragging about Russia offering help.  

Maybe trump sent rudy out of the country hoping he’d get lost on the way back

Edited by The Unknown Poster

https://thinkprogress.org: 

Trump and the Republicans have done nothing to stop more interference in American elections, despite the obvious need.

Time and again, Republicans have slow-walked or outright stalled efforts at beefing up American election security. And while they’ve made noise about concerns about foreign election interference — out of China, mainly — legislation that could help prevent a reprise of 2016 has crumbled in the face of Republican intransigence and indifference.

cause

The top Senate committee investigating Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election has concluded that the Russian efforts were intended to favor Donald Trump, contradicting the president’s assertions and the conclusions of an earlier report from Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee.

In a seven-page summary of findings released Tuesday, the Senate Intelligence Committee — which is running the last remaining bipartisan congressional inquiry into Russian interference — endorsed a January 2017 intelligence community assessment that found the Russian meddling was intended to help Trump and hurt Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.

no collusion! case closed!

Edited by Mark F

41 minutes ago, Mark F said:

https://thinkprogress.org: 

Trump and the Republicans have done nothing to stop more interference in American elections, despite the obvious need.

cause

no collusion! case closed!

This is really shocking.  Its not even a debate about whether there was collusion (and obstruction) or whether Trump courted Russian interference.  Its a fact that there was collusion and obstruction.  And Trump publicly courted Russian assistance/interference.  Its clear his admin does not want to do anything about it because they're counting on it to continue in 2020.  Its shocking.  It doesnt matter what side you're on, this should be a non-starter.  Period.  

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Someone should explain to trump

Seems nobody has succesfully explained anything to Trump, ever.

Well maybe Putin, and the Crown Prince saudi arabia.

It's funny/bizarre that he just can't grasp why these people won't lie about whatever he tells them to. He really is nuts, just as the psychiatrists said a year ago.

When are these A holes going to start figuring out that they get nothing but disgrace from doing his dirty work?

Edited by Mark F

Crazy rudy strikes again

(CNN) — President Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani reversed course late Friday night and said he will no longer travel to Ukraine to push for that country to investigate Democratic presidential contender Joe Biden.

Giuliani, speaking on Fox News, said he had decided not to go on the trip Friday night.

"I'm not gonna go," he said, "because I think I'm walking into a group of people that are enemies of the President, in some cases enemies of the United States and, in one case, an already convicted person who has been found to be involved in assisting the Democrats with the 2016 election."

It wasn't immediately clear to whom Giuliani was referring

well well well.

Now we know why Trump likes Kim so much. Putin told him to make friends with Kim.

AP) — The three new missiles North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has tested over the past week are eerily familiar to military experts: They look just like a controversial and widely copied missile the Russian military has deployed to Syria and has been actively trying to sell abroad for years.

Ending a pause in ballistic missile launches that began in late 2017, and alarming North Korea’s neighbors, Kim personally supervised the launch of the first missile from the country’s east coast on Saturday and two more from the west on Thursday. All splashed down in the Pacific.

The missiles were short-range and the launches do not mean Kim has decided to end his self-imposed moratorium on testing long-range missiles that could reach the United States mainland. They do indicate, however, that Kim is methodically expanding the battle readiness of his missile forces and that could have a major impact on the safety of American allies and U.S. forces in the region.

The missiles bear a strong resemblance to the Russian-designed Iskander, a short-range, nuclear-capable ballistic missile that has been in the Russian arsenal for more than a decade.

“There are Russian technology fingerprints all over it,” said Marcus Schiller, a leading expert on North Korean missiles who is based in Germany.

https://apnews.com/20afeea785634442b8300ba2fab0c002

I want to know what Putin has over Trump.

Edited by Mark F

Hahaha let’s talk about the Democrat candidates. It’s really the most pressing news of the day. Haha. 

Anyway trump went nuts again today.  Doesn’t like his son being called to testify. Is mad at His former lawyer because he won’t clear him.  Still doesn’t know what a tariff is.  

12 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hahaha let’s talk about the Democrat candidates. It’s really the most pressing news of the day. Haha. 

haa haa ha it's a thread on US politics, so why wouldn't we talk about Democrat candidates?  Who died and made you the guy who decides what we talk about?

25 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

doesn't look like AOC is very happy with Uncle Joe's climate plan.  Is this going to cause dissension in the Democrats?

Sadly- AOC is too young to run for President... she would ******* crush Brokeahontas and become President. She would be a really good POTUS for the middle and lower class- and pretty much most of the USA.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

9 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Sadly- AOC is too young to run for President... she would ******* crush Brokeahontas and become President. She would be a really good POTUS for the middle and lower class- and pretty much most of the USA.

She would be good. But she takes abuse for the obvious reason that certain people don’t like her. We can name names.   Wrong colour and gender for certain people.  

36 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

She would be good. But she takes abuse for the obvious reason that certain people don’t like her. We can name names.   Wrong colour and gender for certain people.  

I know what you mean, Candace Owens and Ayaan Hirsi Ali face the same kind of criticism due to their colour and gender.  We can name names.