US Politics

Rich

1 minute ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Remember how you you were completely baffled why people accuse you of defending trump and trump being your guy? Well your response below, defending trump's comments, is why people think that. Just thought I would help you understand why people think that of you- hope that helps.

No, not really.  I am just trying to find the truth here.  I get it, this isn't a "US politics" thread, it's a bash Trump thread.  That's clear.  What I'd like you to do is just let me post, without these "helpful" comments.  If you don't agree, just ignore me.  I don't need them, thanks.

The fact remains, that "basket of deplorables" remains Hillary's number one regret.  It was a really dumb statement, that showed off her true elitist colors, and in my opinion, cost her the election.

We can't opine and/or criticize another country's political landscape because our own isn't any better...? What absurd logic. That's about as sensible as saying one can't criticize another political party when his own is just as worthy of criticism. If the criticism is valid, it surely can be discussed.

Oh, and that quote regarding the poorly educated referred to his voters. ("We won with young. We won with old. We won with highly educated. We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated.")

19 minutes ago, do or die said:

At least Fox is still up to the task.....of polishing up the Donald

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/442681-fox-friends-host-report-trump-had-1-billion-in-business-losses-shows-how-much

New standard of success....

Good Lord Almighty... they are twisting themselves into mental pretzels here- it's really funny and pretty sad to watch these shills.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

14 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Remember how you you were completely baffled why people accuse you of defending trump and trump being your guy? Well your response below, defending trump's comments, is why people think that. Just thought I would help you understand why people think that of you- hope that helps.

There are a few people that, whenever something negative is posted here about Trump, they seem to go bonkers and need to try to change the discussion to something else,. usually about Hilary or the Dems.  Its really quite remarkable.  lol

8 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

No, not really.  I am just trying to find the truth here.  I get it, this isn't a "US politics" thread, it's a bash Trump thread.  That's clear.  What I'd like you to do is just let me post, without these "helpful" comments.  If you don't agree, just ignore me.  I don't need them, thanks.

Ok cool, will do- but the next time you take umbrage with someone calling you a trump defender and are baffled, once again as to why anyone could possibly think that, you can refer to this example when you defended trump as to one of the reasons. 

And you are right- this thread has become a bash trump thread- not sure why that is.... might be something we should explore. 

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

There are a few people that, whenever something negative is posted here about Trump, they seem to go bonkers and need to try to change the discussion to something else,. usually about Hilary or the Dems.  Its really quite remarkable.  lol

it's crazy making.

40 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

We can't opine and/or criticize another country's political landscape because our own isn't any better...? What absurd logic. 

Not sure who is saying this.  I have said in the past that our country is just as bad or worse, given the large amount of malfeasance that has been going on with our own government, but that doesn't mean we can't opine about the US, and their crappy leaders, of both of their main political parties.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

32 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

or, they aren't "trying to change the discussion", they are just bringing other information to the table, that seems to cause some people to go bonkers, because GASP it doesn't paint the Democrats in the best possible light.  It really is quite remarkable.

32 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Ok cool, will do- but the next time you take umbrage with someone calling you a trump defender and are baffled, once again as to why anyone could possibly think that, you can refer to this example when you defended trump as to one of the reasons. 

and I would ask that rather than see a post that doesn't quite fit the acceptable thread narrative, instead of lashing out with labels, just consider the information posted, and move on if it causes you fits and seizures.  Or just tell me that you disagree.  That's cool too.

8 minutes ago, do or die said:

It is going to take a good deal more "information posted" to ease my concerns about the fraudulent, mendacious, narcissist cretin, that supposedly is the leader of the free world....

Right now the idiot has backed Iran into a corner. 

They will start enrichment, and will get nuclear weapons all thanks to Trump the hangnail man and the war monger draft dodging Bolton who "had better things to do" than serve, during Vietnam war.

cause the middle east needs more countries with nuclear weapons. It's not dangerous enough yet.

Nobel! Nobel!

Rest of the world needs to step up and defend itself from this American insanity.

It actually would be the logical conclusion to the short "American era" to have an deeply ignorant, illiterate, greedy, amoral criminal, start a nuclear war just to save his own sorry ass.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

And you are right- this thread has become a bash trump thread- not sure why that is.... might be something we should explore. 

lol yeah imagine wondering why its a "bash trump" thread.  The guy sure doesnt deserve criticism.  Can we please talk about Obama and Hilary?  Why would we talk about Trump?  yeeeesh

26 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Right now the idiot has backed Iran into a corner. 

They will start enrichment, and will get nuclear weapons all thanks to Trump the hangnail man and the war monger draft dodging Bolton who "had better things to do" than serve, during Vietnam war.

cause the middle east needs more countries with nuclear weapons. It's not dangerous enough yet.

Nobel! Nobel!

Rest of the world needs to step up and defend itself from this American insanity.

It actually would be the logical conclusion to the short "American era" to have an deeply ignorant, illiterate, greedy, amoral criminal, start a nuclear war just to save his own sorry ass.

We know Trump's thinking on this because of his allegations against Obama.  Distraction, distraction, distraction.  Worse, creating a real dark-skinned boogeyman for his base to rail against.

1 minute ago, do or die said:

Actually in the interest of fairness, we need more people to come forward and provide us with info, that would put Trump's actions and behaviour, in a more flattering light.

People playing devil's advocate or expressing a reasonable argument would be great.  I've done that a few times.  But the people who think they do that, actually dont.  Most, not all, are not doing that at all.  Its just rage posting in defense of the indefensible.  

1 hour ago, do or die said:

It is going to take a good deal more "information posted" to ease my concerns about the fraudulent, mendacious, narcissist cretin, that supposedly is the leader of the free world....

I don't think that this will ever happen.  Nor should it.  The concerns are valid for sure.  But I also have concerns about the other side of the ledger too.

33 minutes ago, do or die said:

Actually in the interest of fairness, we need more people to come forward and provide us with info, that would put Trump's actions and behaviour, in a more flattering light.

or once in awhile, introduce discussion about US politics (all US politics, not just one orange man) into a thread that is supposedly about US politics.

32 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

People playing devil's advocate or expressing a reasonable argument would be great.  I've done that a few times.  But the people who think they do that, actually dont.  Most, not all, are not doing that at all.  Its just rage posting in defense of the indefensible.  

Fair enough.  We do see a lot of rage posting here, on that we can both agree.

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

I don't think that this will ever happen.  Nor should it.  The concerns are valid for sure.  But I also have concerns about the other side of the ledger too.

Fair enough.   I have had ongoing concerns about the whole American political system, irregardless of party.  Posted a rather lengthy explanation, earlier in this thread.