US Politics

Rich

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

I'm not "defending Trump" - I'm just looking for the truth.  I was excited as anyone to hear about the Mueller report, as I wanted to see some actual truth.  The only defense is the truth.  And it sure can get lost in sheer partisanship and hate.  As for belittling and attacking people - I've been trying not to do that.  In fact I am trying to see where I did that, other than to stand up to your constant bullying.  

I suspect you're repeating your MO of taking a discussion you dont like off-topic so mods come in later and just lock it down.  If you dont like a post of mine, report it.  But stop with the attacks and silly accusations of bullying.  If you dislike the truth, alter your behaviour.  You've bullied many people many times.  I have not.

Mods: sorry for off-topic...this is getting out of hand.  KBF, ignore me if you dislike my posts.  Dont sully the discussion with off topic nonsense please.  End of discussion.

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I'm not "defending Trump" - I'm just looking for the truth.  I was excited as anyone to hear about the Mueller report, as I wanted to see some actual truth.  The only defense is the truth.  And it sure can get lost in sheer partisanship and hate.  As for belittling and attacking people - I've been trying not to do that.  In fact I am trying to see where I did that, other than to stand up to your constant bullying.  

Bullshit. You come running to his defence all the time with tried and true trumpism whatabouting Democrats. Now maybe you're not actually defending trump and just defending Republicans.... but it is the same thing... ir maybe you're just anti Democrat... which is the same thing. But perhaps if you don't want to be labelled as a trump supporter consider how your actions look. You don't criticize a guy who is wide open to be criticized and try and what about obama/Hillary all the time. That's straight from the trump playbook. 

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Dont sully the discussion with off topic nonsense please.  

Follow your own advice, and also follow mine.  End of discussion.  You are not worth another suspension, but be warned, you really have to stop with the bullying.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Follow your own advice, and also follow mine.  End of discussion.  You are not worth another suspension, but be warned, you really have to stop with the bullying.

EDIT:  I love the warning but edit to remove my invitation to explain it.  😉

Edited by The Unknown Poster

Just now, 17to85 said:

It sure is, but Trumpers don't care to read it and simply deny it.

and in risking yet another silly "whataboutism" comment, that is definitely a two-way street.  Not sure why that causes so much heart-burn to point out.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

What exactly are you warning me about and what happens if I do not heed your warning?  lol

you'll be banned.  I thought that was kind of self-explanatory.

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

and in risking yet another silly "whataboutism" comment, that is definitely a two-way street.  Not sure why that causes so much heart-burn to point out.

you'll be banned.  I thought that was kind of self-explanatory.

Its not whataboutism when Trump is the current president and most of the discussion is about his current actions and actions related to him.  Unless you're from the future but that seems unlikely (would have to be a future where Obama and Hilary have somehow become joint President).

Also, Im not sure you have the power to warn people.  lol

I think it's important to recognize that someone can be insulting without directly insulting someone.  People who consistently ignore facts and repeat lies do a disservice to healthy discussion and tend to drive conversations into nit-picking, double-speak, whataboutism and hypocrisy.  Their arguments are disingenuous at best and dis-informative at worst.  What I feared most about a Trump presidency was not policy (although I knew he'd be destructive), but rather the lowering of political discourse to a level we've never seen.  There are no alternative facts and the truth matters.  If you cannot appreciate facts, provide them or at least comment on them beyond stale talking points, you provide no value to any discussion and are insulting the intelligence of anyone who has the misfortune to read your drivel.

11 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

D5p_ezeUIAEDjM1.jpg:large

Jesus... 

Right here in plain sight, so ******* brazen (it's almost a thing of beauty). 

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/05/22/trump-told-lesley-stahl-he-bashes-press-to-discredit-negative-stories.html

The most astonishing thing about trump, the brazeness... he cheats, lies, breaks the law in plain view and reveals his motivations- with millions witnessing and does it like a total boss/******* moron- repeatedly... with no reprecussions- no lasting damage... its is amazing.

14 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

How much are you willing to bet that... the Saudis are a tenant at a ludicrously inflated rate (for laundry money of course)...

I'd be willing to bet a lot, but it's not just foreign countries he's improperly making money from.  This is Sam Katz on steroids.

TRUMP PROPERTIES HAVE EARNED NEARLY $5 MILLION FROM REPUBLICAN GROUPS, CAMPAIGNS SINCE PRESIDENT'S ELECTION

"According to public disclosures highlighted by Quartz and Center for Responsive Politics, pro-Trump super PACs, the Republican National Committee and the presidenet’s own reelection committee have spent at least $4.7 million on Trump owned hotels, golf courses and restaurants since January 2017, when the president was inaugurated. About $100,000 of that has been spent in 2019."

"While Trump was campaigning for president in 2015 and 2016, his campaign paid out $13,348,846 to his own properties. Other Republicans and GOP groups paid out about $175,000 to Trump owned businesses during that time, while Democrats spent $1,111."

"Prior to 2015, political spending at Trump properties had not surpassed $80,000 within a two-year election cycle. The highest previous level was just $77,922 between 2011 and 2012."

"Although precedent has seen modern-day presidents place their personal businesses into blind trusts while serving in the White House, Trump chose not to do so."

"Ethics experts have raised concerns that the president has used his clout as head of state of one of the world’s most powerful nations to enrich himself and his family. Foreign nations, such as Saudi Arabia, the Philippines, Kuwait and Turkey, have reportedly booked rooms or hosted events at Trump properties."

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-properties-millions-republican-groups-1402253

4 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

I'd be willing to bet a lot, but it's not just foreign countries he's improperly making money from.  This is Sam Katz on steroids.

TRUMP PROPERTIES HAVE EARNED NEARLY $5 MILLION FROM REPUBLICAN GROUPS, CAMPAIGNS SINCE PRESIDENT'S ELECTION

"According to public disclosures highlighted by Quartz and Center for Responsive Politics, pro-Trump super PACs, the Republican National Committee and the presidenet’s own reelection committee have spent at least $4.7 million on Trump owned hotels, golf courses and restaurants since January 2017, when the president was inaugurated. About $100,000 of that has been spent in 2019."

"While Trump was campaigning for president in 2015 and 2016, his campaign paid out $13,348,846 to his own properties. Other Republicans and GOP groups paid out about $175,000 to Trump owned businesses during that time, while Democrats spent $1,111."

"Prior to 2015, political spending at Trump properties had not surpassed $80,000 within a two-year election cycle. The highest previous level was just $77,922 between 2011 and 2012."

"Although precedent has seen modern-day presidents place their personal businesses into blind trusts while serving in the White House, Trump chose not to do so."

"Ethics experts have raised concerns that the president has used his clout as head of state of one of the world’s most powerful nations to enrich himself and his family. Foreign nations, such as Saudi Arabia, the Philippines, Kuwait and Turkey, have reportedly booked rooms or hosted events at Trump properties."

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-properties-millions-republican-groups-1402253

Thats a great comparison.  I remember when Sammy was first running and vowed to put his business into a blind trust, won and changed his mind.    With Trump, its quid pro quo.  Quite obviously.  He's turned the presidency into a business, selling out the American people.   

His presidency will be talked about for a hundred years...and not for anything positive.  Hopefully the US can take this as a tipping point and change their ways.  The GOP needs to be scrapped altogether and a new conservative movement created.  

11 minutes ago, Zontar said:

NYT reveals Obama FBI hired foreign national posing as an assistant to spy on Trump campaign aid in 2016.

Weeks after FBI chief Comey said "I have no idea what he's talking about" to  FBI spying charges from POTUS.

Ruh, roh.

Walls closing in. 

Truth Czar say:  False context and you are knowingly posting dis-information, unsourced because you know its wrong.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/03/opinion/trump-campaign-spying-fbi-russia-.html

New details from reporting on the counterintelligence inquiry in summer 2016 lays out how a government investigator posing as a research assistant met with George Papadopoulos, a Trump campaign foreign policy adviser, to better understand any potential Trump campaign “links to Russia.”

The president’s spying complaint focuses on two investigative techniques — the contact undercover investigators made with the Trump campaign and the use of electronic surveillance on certain Trump campaign officials.

But the fact is, while these tactics may never have been used in the investigation of a presidential candidate before, they are hardly unusual. Indeed, they are common procedures when undertaking any covert public corruption investigation.

In Mr. Trump’s case, the F.B.I. started its investigation in July 2016, after Australia informed the United States that Mr. Papadopoulos claimed that Russia had “dirt” on Hillary Clinton. The F.B.I. used an undercover investigator — the research assistant, who went by the name Azra Turk — and Stefan Halper, a professor in Britain and longtime informant, to make contact with Mr. Papadopoulos (Mr. Halper also made contact with two other campaign officials, Sam Clovis and Carter Page).

In light of the information coming from Australia, this conduct was actually a relatively unintrusive way to start an investigation.

Contrast that with the investigation of Mayor Tony Mack of Trenton. In 2010, an F.B.I. informant met with one of Mr. Mack’s supporters and offered cash in exchange for Mr. Mack’s help in obtaining property to build a parking garage. Mr. Mack was eventually convicted of six federal charges. Similarly, in 2014, the F.B.I. used the chief of staff to New York State Senator George D. Maziarz to gather information on him. The F.B.I. used an informant to take down former congressman William Jefferson and one to prosecute the Hoboken mayor Peter Camarano. And in the investigation into the congressional campaign of Connecticut State Representative Chris Donovan, federal agents employed an informant and an undercover agent and staked out a political convention.

In its investigation into Russia’s potential connection to the Trump campaign, the F.B.I. obtained warrants to surveil the communications of Mr. Page and the campaign chairman Paul Manafort. The F.B.I. sought the wiretaps from a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, rather than a district court, because the applications contained sensitive foreign intelligence information. Ordinarily, to get to the FISA Court, the agents prepare an application and send it for review to the supervisor, the chief division counsel, the special agent in charge and then a unit supervisor at F.B.I. headquarters. It then goes to the National Security Division at the Justice Department for a verification procedure before arriving at a FISA judge who does a review of the material to see whether surveillance is warranted. In Mr. Page’s case, most of the judges reviewing his application were actually Republican appointees.

But make no mistake, in the broad context of high-profile public corruption investigations, the methods used against Mr. Trump’s associates are by no means an anomaly.

What is anomalous is the effort by some Republicans to undermine legitimate counterintelligence concerns. 

The “spying” rhetoric casts a cloud of illegitimacy over the Russia probe and the F.B.I. and undermines the special counsel’s findings. This is useful misdirection: Mr. Mueller’s conclusion that the Trump “campaign anticipated receiving derogatory documents and information from official Russian sources that could assist candidate Trump’s electoral prospects” challenges Mr. Barr’s declaration that the evidence showed “no collusion.” In that light, it’s not hard to see who’s serving the truth and who’s serving the president.

Now, can we knock off the trolling?

15 minutes ago, Zontar said:

NYT reveals Obama FBI hired foreign national posing as an assistant to spy on Trump campaign aid in 2016.

Weeks after FBI chief Comey said "I have no idea what he's talking about" to  FBI spying charges from POTUS.

Ruh, roh.

Walls closing in. 

If you are talking about Papadopoulos

The difference being... FBI don't usually work outside of the country (the Federal part in FBI is a give away) and it is usually the CIA that does the intelligence collection abroad. So Comey (the head of the FBI) wouldn't know about these "spying" (it is more accurate to say intelligence Collection) allegations, because the FBI doesn't do spying abroad.

If it's about something else, you gotta be more specific- cuz I don't know what you are referencing.

anyways here you go:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Bureau_of_Investigation

"Unlike the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), which has no law enforcement authority and is focused on intelligence collection abroad, the FBI is primarily a domestic agency, maintaining 56 field offices in major cities throughout the United States, and more than 400 resident agencies in smaller cities and areas across ..."

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

14 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Ruh, roh.

Walls closing in. 

A prominent conservative's take on this:  

So...you're the FBI in 2016, and you discover:

1) Russia is interfering in our election to help get a certain candidate elected.

2) A troubling # of contacts between that candidate's campaign team and Russia.

It would've been a dereliction of duty for you NOT to investigate.

— Joe Walsh (@WalshFreedom) May 3, 2019

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Impeach Obama!

More like investigate corruption in FBI and DOJ which Barr is supposedly doing right now. Which may well explain Democrat freak out on Barr. He has to be discredited. 

Lots of people in the party, and media are terrified in being revealed as go betweens with crooks in FBI and DOJ to leak fake "bombshell" and "walls are closing in" stories to create Trump collusion illusion. 

3 minutes ago, Zontar said:

More like investigate corruption in FBI and DOJ which Barr is supposedly doing right now. Which may well explain Democrat freak out on Barr. He has to be discredited. 

Lots of people in the party, and media are terrified in being revealed as go betweens with crooks in FBI and DOJ to leak fake "bombshell" and "walls are closing in" stories to create Trump collusion illusion. 

If you actually cared about corruption in the FBI, you'd be really upset over the Pro-Trump leaks from the Rudy-connected New York field office that duped Comey into blasting Hilary shortly before the election.  But you're not.

EDIT: also cite sources for your statements please.  And also, as many people have said, read the report so you can stop pushing the false "collusion illusion" nonsense.  or just stop what you're doing which is really transparent.

2 minutes ago, Zontar said:

I'm sure the FBI would like nothing more than for this to go to discovery.  

1 minute ago, Zontar said:

Yet ignore all the facts and evidence of corruption, obstruction and Counter Intelligence cases? 

Oh- Barr discredited himself there is no need for anyone to try to discredit him- he's done that for himself.

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Truth Czar say:  False context and you are knowingly posting dis-information, unsourced because you know its wrong.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/03/opinion/trump-campaign-spying-fbi-russia-.html

Now, can we knock off the trolling?

It's "unusual " when it's part of a directed campaign to either undermine or destroy a political enemy. Not to investigate a crime. There was no crime and they knew it.

This was the legal and intelligence apparatus used for partisan political pur poses not legal ones. It's ugly and more than a little scary.