US Politics

Rich

You can't order someone to break the law. This is outrageous.

He's in quicksand, flailing, and now I think it's going to be a deal to leave without charges. 

Be interesting to see the about faces, and we never liked him anyway B.S.

Democrats have found some courage.

Edited by Mark F

24 minutes ago, Mark F said:

You can't order someone to break the law. This is outrageous.

He's in quicksand, flailing, and now I think it's going to be a deal to leave without charges. 

Be interesting to see the about faces, and we never liked him anyway B.S.

Democrats have found some courage.

Exactly. Not sure how someone ignores a confessional subpoena because their boss tells them to. 

I think trump wants to re-write law by forcing everything to the Supreme Court and count on his guys there to help him    

Great thread.  Should be required reading (among others) for the usual suspects pretending the report exonerates trump. 

And that’s one item.  Keep in mind how many items in the report were referred to other jurisdictions that were redacted.   What could THOSE be?  Guy is as dirty as it gets. 

15 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I'm not sure why this surprises me anymore, but I continue to be fascinated by the depths of Trump's oversized ego and at the same time his massive insecurity and inferiority complex. Doesn't really care about Twitter spam or cleaning up bots, just hates the bottom line that he is visibly losing followers - that is, his numbers aren't as big as he needs them to be in his mind (likely to boast -"most followers ever"). Just like his lies about his inauguration crowd size, rally crowd sizes, and his actual wealth (as others touched upon, his fear of being a "false billionaire"). Boy did he pick the ultimate wrong job if he was worried about his public perception and popularity. I'd like to think he had enough common sense to know that "politician" is an inherently untrusted and loathed occupation and could see what he was getting into (then again, his concept of a "real lawyer" is someone who never takes notes, so maybe he has no clue). Even the best politicians are going to get slagged by the media or some portion of the population just because that's what we do with our politicians and our own partisan views. Most amazing to me is how 65 million Americans did not see this glaring frailty and still seek to protect him.

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I'm not sure why this surprises me anymore, but I continue to be fascinated by the depths of Trump's oversized ego and at the same time his massive insecurity and inferiority complex. Doesn't really care about Twitter spam or cleaning up bots, just hates the bottom line that he is visibly losing followers - this is, his numbers aren't as big as he needs them to be in his mind (likely to boast -"most followers ever"). Just like his lies about his inauguration crowd size, rally crowd sizes, and his actual wealth (as others touched upon, his fear of being a "false billionaire"). Boy did he pick the ultimate wrong job if he was worried about his public perception and popularity. I'd like to think he had enough common sense to know that "politician" is an inherently untrusted and loathed occupation and could see what he was getting into (then again, his concept of a "real lawyer" is someone who never takes notes, so maybe he has no clue). Even the best politicians are going to get slagged by the media or some portion of the population just because that's what we do with our politicians and our own partisan views. Most amazing to me is how 65 million Americans did not see this glaring frailty and still seek to protect him.

One might argue, that since he's not a career politician, he would be more sensitive to criticism, having not built up a certain amount of resistance over his career. 

However, this is Donald Trump, the man is too ignorant, pathetic, and has bullied his way into the public eye for so long, it doesn't hold weight. His grifting and racism have been on full display for almost his entire life and he loves being the centre of attention. His ego, on the other hand, is so fragile, it's weakness. 

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

One might argue, that since he's not a career politician, he would be more sensitive to criticism, having not built up a certain amount of resistance over his career. 

However, this is Donald Trump, the man is too ignorant, pathetic, and has bullied his way into the public eye for so long, it doesn't hold weight. His grifting and racism have been on full display for almost his entire life and he loves being the centre of attention. His ego, on the other hand, is so fragile, it's weakness. 

Maybe it's finally on display more now because he's never had to answer to anyone before. He was the boss, could yell "You're FIRED!" and that was it. Now he has checks and balances, still has to be accountable to the populace (both those who voted him in and those who didn't), and especially the people's proxy - the media, who take on the role of the official opposition party in the USA.

Trump  devoting his life to the Cardinal sins. 

wiki...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sinsgluttony

lust, fornication

avarice/greed

pride, hubris

sorrow/despair/despondency

wrath " "love of justice perverted to revenge and spite"  lol, fits him to a T

vainglory

sloth

Edited by Mark F

"Stephen Moore, one of President Trump’s many exotic picks to staff the federal government, declared this week that his opponents are “pulling a Kavanaugh against me.”

Moore, Trump’s pick for the Federal Reserve Board, is so convinced he is being treated like Brett Kavanaugh, whose Supreme Court confirmation was marred by sexual-misconduct allegations, that he reportedly hired a PR firm that helped Kavanaugh."

"Now CNN, the New York Times and others are reprinting Moore’s greatest hits, including his joke about how he potty-trained his son by “pasting a photo of Hillary Clinton with a bullseye target on the bottom of the potty.” And his hilarious tale about showing his children pictures of the “mangled and bloody” corpses of Saddam Hussein’s sons with the message “THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS TO KIDS THAT GROW UP TO BE DEMOCRATS!” And the riotous bit about him “hitting on” a “gorgeous 20-something blond,” then telling his concerned son “how nice it would be if you had a much younger mommy.”"

"In other writings, Moore defended misbehavior on college campuses: “If [women] were so oppressed and offended by drunken, lustful frat boys, why is it that on Friday nights they showed up in droves in tight skirts to the keg parties?” He reserved particular derision for his wife. After she voted Democratic, he wrote: “Women are sooo malleable! No wonder there’s a gender gap.”

Moore is now divorced from her — and was held in contempt of court in 2013 for failing to paymore than $300,000 in child support. There’s a tax lien against his home because he owes the Internal Revenue Service $75,000."

Stephen Moore could not be more qualified to work in the Trump administration.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/stephen-moore-needs-a-vacation-from-women/2019/04/24/0a841868-66d1-11e9-8985-4cf30147bdca_story.html?utm_term=.4058abac63cf

2 hours ago, Wideleft said:

Stephen Moore could not be more qualified to work in the Trump administration.

Republicans:   "Can someone please explain why don't women like us? "

Dolts.

other news

In an "unprecedented" revelation that highlights the consequences of the seemingly endless war in Afghanistan, the United Nations announced Wednesday that U.S.-backed forces killed more Afghan civilians than the Taliban and other armed anti-government groups did in the first three months of this year.

and

A new study released on Thursday revealed that the U.S.-led bombing campaign on Raqqa, Syria in 2017—which one military commander at the time claimed was the "most precise air campaign in history"—killed an estimated 1,600 innocent civilians while leveling the city on a scale unparalleled in recent decades.

Edited by Mark F

Interesting opinion piece outlining the difference between "criminal prosecution standard of proof “beyond a reasonable doubt” and a lower standard — the preponderance standard of “more likely than not” — relevant for counterintelligence and general parlance about facts"

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/25/opinion/mueller-trump-campaign-russia-conpiracy-.html

32 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Interesting opinion piece outlining the difference between "criminal prosecution standard of proof “beyond a reasonable doubt” and a lower standard — the preponderance standard of “more likely than not” — relevant for counterintelligence and general parlance about facts"

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/25/opinion/mueller-trump-campaign-russia-conpiracy-.html

Interesting article.  I don’t see the need to opine that Mueller ‘took the wrong approach’ the way the writer does.  It is likely that there was collusion but it cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.  A classic example of that would be the Mark Stobbe case, or even the old movie 12 Angry Men. These were criminal charges and that was the correct standard of proof to apply.