US Politics

Rich

1 hour ago, Zontar said:

Mueller investigation was supposed to find crime.

Anti Trumpers and various leftists staked everything on it.

Mueller , to their fustration, found none.

Cue outrage and hysteria.

That is why you're so upset and scouring every crack pot leftist on twitter who thinks hes found something in the report for solace.

And why now Plan B is impeachment.

Try and make some lemonade out of the lemons left.

Spoiler alert. Report found lots of crime. 

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

So the AG and DOJ are so crooked that they would look past the law to save a president? This just doesn't happen in the real world folks, you are being led to water by the leftist media only to be found that you can't drink. Just like during the Muelle investigation itself. 

Oh yes, it does.  Trudeau (for example) happened to have an AG with integrity who didn't go along with the status quo.  But most of the time, that is exactly how the real world works. 

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

And in this case, the AG and DOJ have already stated that their isn't enough evidence to bring charges, so why would congress bring the charges to start the impeachment, if no other reason than partisan mud slinging? 

Again you don’t understand what impeachment is. It trying to insult. But you’re conflating impeachment with criminal indictment. There is no mechanism for the DOJ to indict a president. It doesn’t matter what the AG thinks.  By the way mueller works for the DOJ so you can’t say the DOJ didn’t think there were crimes.  Mueller laid it out quite clearly. The only mechanism for holding trump to account is through impeachment or indicting him when he leaves office. 

4 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Ok, so then your opinion then. I respect your right to say that- I disagree.

Hillary blowing off campaigning In Michigan and Wisconsin for example, supposedly in the bank votes, is not opinion. Russian operatives like Trump or Russian bots did not make that decision for her. Also not opinion.

Just now, Mark H. said:

Oh yes, it does.  Trudeau (for example) happened to have an AG with integrity who didn't go along with the status quo.  But most of the time, that is exactly how the real world works. 

Yes.  Poster should also look up Saturday night massacre. For another example of an AG with integrity. 

In fact Sessions refused to do trumps bidding. The deputy AG also. Trump is what three deep in AG’s to find one to do his bidding?  

Its not even a matter of opinion.  Compare Barr’s presser and summary with the actual report and you can see him for what he is. 

8 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Hillary blowing off campaigning In Michigan and Wisconsin for example, supposedly in the bank votes, is not opinion. Russian operatives like Trump or Russian bots did not make that decision for her. Also not opinion.

What does this have to do with the criminal obstruction found in the Mueller probe?

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

4 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Indictments for treason would trigger the 25th amendment-the president being unfit to continue in office. This was the ultimate end goal and fever-dream for #resistance. 

That is the exact narrative fox news is pushing! it's quite frightening that a "news" organization would push these CRAZY conspiracy theories just to protect a sitting criminal... 

2 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

What does this have to do with the criminal obstruction found in the Mueller probe?

Revenge, spite, inability to admit an election was lost by self inflicted errors so try and destroy the guy who ruined the Madame President  (D) narrative ?

2 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Revenge, spite, inability to admit an election was lost by self inflicted errors so try and destroy the guy who ruined the Madame President  (D) narrative ?

so... nothing to do with the Mueller probe and the mountain of obstruction of justice evidence. 

Once again, I respect you offering us your opinion on these matters but I whole heartily disagree. 

It's cool- you want to push your narrative, that's fine- but you can't conflate the Mueller probe and the facts with... that theory. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

2 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

That is the exact narrative fox news is pushing! it's quite frightening that a "news" organization would push these CRAZY conspiracy theories just to protect a sitting criminal... 

When the Mueller probe proves Trump was a traitor then he can and should be removed was spoken openly in mainstream corporate media for over two years. It's not crazy when it's a real thing that happened.

8 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

so... nothing to do with the Mueller probe and the mountain of obstruction of justice evidence. 

Once again, I respect you offering us your opinion on these matters but I whole heartily disagree. 

It's cool- you want to push your narrative, that's fine- but you can't conflate the Mueller probe and the facts with... that theory. 

Mueller probe was launched,  aided and abetted by partisan beurocrats who wanted to either end or permanently damage the Trump presidency. The bogus evidence e in which the FISA warrants were obtained to begin it all and the astounding lack of curiosity by the FBI and DOJ regarding it shows this.

Edited by Zontar

2 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Mueller probe was launched,  aided and abetted by partisan beurocrats who wanted to either end or permanently damage the Trump presidency. The bogus evidence e in which the FISA warrants were obtained to begin it all and the astounding lack of curiosity by the FBI and DOJ regarding it shows this.

all of this has been disproved many times over- these are literally Mark Medows and Jim Jordan's talking points, I just saw an interview with them moments ago... there are no facts to back up this conspiracy theory. 

Anyways, thanks for sharing your opinion- I appreciate it. 

1 minute ago, Zontar said:

You don't appreciate it all. Just my opinion.

I do though- otherwise there would be no discussion. This thread would be nothing but trump bashing and no substance. 

Also, it makes me question my opinions and double check my facts. So yeah- I do sincerely appreciate your opinions. thanks Zontar. 

6 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I do though- otherwise there would be no discussion. This thread would be nothing but trump bashing and no substance. 

Also, it makes me question my opinions and double check my facts. So yeah- I do sincerely appreciate your opinions. thanks Zontar. 

Fair 'nuff then...

Seems to me this debate about impeaching and indicting Trump has run its course for now.    Let’s see what happens next with the report  

Amazes me how a number of you can fill up pages and pages of posts repeating the same things back and forth.   Dedication .  

Here is something that has been mentioned but a little lost in the shuffle. 

The report indicates Trump aids regularly ignore his orders because they are reportedly illegal or unwise.  

Is this an indication of the system working in the US.   Where would we be today if everyone had followed his orders?    Or is this more an indictment of a broken presidency as utter chaos.    Or both?

Just now, Rich said:

Seems to me this debate about impeaching and indicting Trump has run its course for now.    Let’s see what happens next with the report  

Amazes me how a number of you can fill up pages and pages of posts repeating the same things back and forth.   Dedication .  

Here is something that has been mentioned but a little lost in the shuffle. 

The report indicates Trump aids regularly ignore his orders because they are reportedly illegal or unwise.  

Is this an indication of the system working in the US.   Where would we be today if everyone had followed his orders?    Or is this more an indictment of a broken presidency as utter chaos.    Or both?

I actually brought that up Rich. And yes it was mostly ignored.  Like I said on a few posts if we can’t agree on facts, what’s the point. 

However even trump now admits the report is not an exoneration.  So let’s accept that as fact.

Your other point, the back and forth about impeachment was actually worthy because obviously the process is not fully understood. So it’s something we can actually learn from by discussing. 

As I said when I brought it up, trump is essentially not the president. His aids are. And it sounds like that’s a very good thing. 

Trump: Do this

Official : I can't,  that's illegal.

Isn't the same as

Trump: Do this illegal thing.

Official: Gasp, on the lives of my children I will never execute such an evil directive.

Big difference. Which is why anti Trumpers want to believe option 2.

What I am really curious about,  is the counter intelligence investigations going on... apparently there are 2+ ongoing CI investigations going on. 

What was really fascinating about the scope of the Mueller report was that he was supposed to investigate collusion with the Russian Government... but it was the oligarchs with STRONG ties to Putin and the GRU that made contact with the trump team... so when Mueller says (because it is accurate/yet misleading) that no one on trump transition team colluded with the Russian government, its correct... yet misleading. 

at what point does

Russian Government = Russian Oligarchs with STRONG ties to Putin and do his bidding. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy