US Politics

Rich

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Was just going to make that point.  The number of times people around trump refuses to carry out his orders - they disregarded orders by the president - to save his ass.  Wow.  

Clear obstruction.  And this is the redacted report!   He’s going to be impeached.  Little doubt of that now. 

I hope not... I don't think that is fair- they elected him, they need to live with that decision and continue to do so or vote his ass out. No resets here. 

5 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I hope not... I don't think that is fair- they elected him, they need to live with that decision and continue to do so or vote his ass out. No resets here. 

I’m of two minds. It’s better for the US to just beat him. 

But this isnt partisan. It may end up being because the GOP might shirk it’s duty. But the duty of congress is to hold the president to account. If he broke the law which he appears to have done they have to impeach. 

Ans the GOP, with this evidence, can event disagree. They impeached Clinton for lying about an affair. Hardly comparable to trumps crimes. 

Its actually better for the Dems to just use this in 2020 and beat him. But congress would be aiding the criminal if they don’t do their duty. 

I thknk though, they will do more investigations before introducing articles of impeachment.  They’ll want Mueller under oath.  They really should demand Trump testify too. And let him plead the 5th. 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

38 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Thanks for that.

Funny- it doesn't read AT ALL like Barr's 3 page review and his press conference. 

Barr has stained his career forever now.  He’ll be lucky to avoid getting impeached himself.  

For all the times trump attacked and maligned the DOJ and FBI etc to have the AG do this, it’s disgusting.   

There is a passage where Mueller refers to Trumps criminal conduct and states it’s the role of congress to hold him accountable for abuse of power. It doesn’t get anymore clear than that. 

Now will the people who have been defending this guy for months, who said it was time to get over it, that trump was exonerated and did nothing wrong, will those people now admit they were wrong and that trump has committed these impeachable acts? 

Or will it be “so what, senate won’t convict and hey what about Hilary?”  

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

But the nuke codes.... 

Vey clearly people are willing to disregard his orders.  Those are civilians. Generals?  Not a chance they wouldn’t disobey an order like that. They would. And it dove tails to my point about talking to a US major who told me he was largely disrespected by the military. 

Imagine this.  Trump, the president is effectively a lame duck.  His orders are disobeyed. His staff threaten to quit. Papers are stolen off his desk so he can’t see them.   

Hes not a real president.  Which makes sense given how he won.  

Saying that Don Jr. is stupid is an affront to stupid people, he and the rest of the Trump clan are an embarrassment, as for AG Barr he is going to get torched when all is said and done. Trump days are numbered, the Dems want Mueller to testify and that will open everyone's eyes that they have a bat shiate criminal as the POTUS

42 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Sanders had to admit to mueller she often lies from the podium.  She’s finished as the press secretary.  It won’t matter in this admin. But this admin is lame duck now. 

Probably the reason why she did so few press events and what out of sight for the last while,

12 minutes ago, bustamente said:

So maybe there are tapes 

Certainly looks like it from that.

Pretty amazing set up and follow through by the Russians.

Their man in the Whitehouse.

With lots of help from the Republicans.

Edited by Mark F