US Politics

Rich

12 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

We will have to agree to disagree. I find her attacks on Jewish people to be in bad taste and hate inspired. That's why I find it hypocritical of the Dems for crying about Trump's tweet, yet doing nothing about potential violence being incited by Omar.

This is laughable. She's attacked the policy of a state, not "Jewish people". Nice try at the faux outrage and distraction. 

48 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

. I find her attacks on Jewish people to be in bad taste and hate inspired.

So we're all supposed to just take your word that she makes anti semitic attacks? 

Why don't you just post some of her hate inspired attacks against Jews, verbatim.  Explain how they are anti semitic while you're at it.

Edited by Mark F

11 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I for one would like to see that, I doubt it exists. 

Of course it doesn't exist.

The really absurd part is that this attack comes from Trump, who found some "good people" in a group of swastika wearing, torch bearing, Jew hating, Synagogue threatening, hardcore, American nazis.

And he does it to rile up his base, who hate both Muslims, and Jews. Double win.

good People:

Washington (AFP) - An American neo-Nazi who drove his car into a group of counter-protesters last year during a white supremacist rally in Virginia, killing a woman, was sentenced to life in prison by a jury on Tuesday.

James Alex Fields Jr, 21, was found guilty of murder and other charges last week following a two-week jury trial in Charlottesville.

Edited by Mark F

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

She's not anti semitic, she is critical of Israeli conduct. What's wrong with that?

for instance, Israel just "annexed" Golan Heights, which is part of Syria, are building thousands of homes on Palestinian land, and are now proposing annexing that land. Same as Putin "annexing"  Crimea.

This is what she's critical of:

I agree with her. This proposed law is wrong. Its embarrassing for Jews. And it gives ammunition to the real antisemites. Jews get special treatment. Jews control Congress.

See- that is what irks me the most about this, why can't you be critical about netanyahu's policies? If you do, you are labeled an antisemite- often by non-Jewish people (usually for political grandstanding), it's insane and ignorant at the same time. it's not the Jewish people that I am  criticizing ... it's netanyahu's policies.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

So we're all supposed to just take your word that she makes anti semitic attacks? 

Why don't you just post some of her hate inspired attacks against Jews, verbatim.  Explain how they are anti semitic while you're at it.

But her emails!

Republican supporters are great at false equivalence and grasping at straws.

19 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

But her emails!

they don't have much else, so give them credit for being able to be so angry  and morally shocked and outraged at the unfairness of it all,  while having to work with nothing. 

Their policies, scant though they are, are worthless at best. 

Edited by Mark F

49 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

But her emails!

And double standards... it is ******* amazing the double standards republicans present.... And man give them props for the amount of outrage they can drum up when it's a Democrat, but the moral gymnastics they do for one of their own... simply amazing.... 

Quick example right off the top of my head...reaction to HRC emails vs. Ivanka's emails....  

Garland vs Bret beer lover.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Wow... Mueller casts a long shadow....

https://www.axios.com/paul-manafort-special-counsel-mueller-justice-department-c75a84ae-1dc9-45ee-b199-ebaeefd1abad.html

Among the other confirmed cases that began with Mueller and have been picked up by other offices:

• The Wall Street Journal reported last week that the Southern District of New York has interviewed members of Trump's inner circle in its investigation of hush money payments, which remains ongoing even after Michael Cohen's sentencing.
  • Longtime Trump adviser Roger Stone is expected to go on trial in November after being indicted for allegedly lying about his communications with the Trump campaign about WikiLeaks.
  • Former Trump campaign deputy chairman Rick Gates has had his sentencing delayed 5 times as he continues to cooperate with prosecutors in "several ongoing investigations."
  • Former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn also had his sentencing delayed, as he is expected to testify in a Virginia case involving his former lobbying partner later this summer.

Damn- the optics sure look bad for cocaine mitch...

https://www.newsweek.com/company-russian-oligarch-millions-aluminum-plant-mitch-mcconnell-1397061

Sanctioned Russian oligarch's company to invest millions in new aluminum plant in Mitch McConnell's state of Kentucky

Guess which way cocaine mitch voted on the resolution to lift sanctions on the russian oligarch?

side note: Cocaine mitch is from Don blanchenship's campaign

Just now, bustamente said:

Bugged eye fool Giuliani says they have a 35 or so page counter point to the Mueller report, just exactly how does he know what to counter without seeing the report.

Because he knows what Trump did and what evidence they have against him. I'm sure it's a lot and I'm sure it's damning. Any normal democracy would have booted Trump within the first few months but the Trump supporters love this stuff cause they're owning libs. So much fun to be an American Idiot. 

32 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Guess which way cocaine mitch voted on the resolution to lift sanctions on the russian oligarch?

wow.

Depth and breadth of USA corruption is remarkable.

This is a test case, the real prize is removing sanctions on Putin. That's probably Putin's number one goal.

Trump will do it before the next election. 

Edited by Mark F

Transparency International Corruption perception index:

The index, which ranks 180 countries and territories by their perceived levels of public sector corruption according to experts and businesspeople, uses a scale of 0 to 100, where 0 is highly corrupt and 100 is very clean.

Russia is 28 out of 100. ie, extremely corrupt.

180 countries were ranked, number 1 is least corrupt, Russia is ranked 138.

The Russians  found their perfect counterparts in the USA... Donald Trump, Mitch McConnell, and the rest of the  greed infested political turncoats in America.

Edited by Mark F

Those still defending Ilhan Omar's blatant anti-Semitism may want to take a page from Bernie Sanders...

For Democrats, Ilhan Omar Is a Complicated Figure to Defend

WASHINGTON — When President Trump tweeted an edited video portraying Representative Ilhan Omar as playing down the 9/11 attacks, it took less than three hours for Senator Bernie Sanders to rush to her defense and declare her “a leader with strength and courage.” But when a Fox News anchor described Mr. Sanders on Monday night as “a staunch supporter” of Ms. Omar, the senator balked.

“Hold it, hold it, hold it,” Mr. Sanders insisted. “I’ve talked to Ilhan about twice in my life.”

His reaction reflects the broader Democratic Party’s conflicted embrace of Ms. Omar. That struggle has especially been apparent in the House, where Jewish Democrats have tangled with Ms. Omar and Democratic leaders have grappled with how to handle the freshman Democrat from Minnesota, who is one of the first two Muslim women elected to Congress.

When Ms. Omar, 36, pushed for a House rules change to permit her to wear her hijab on the House floor, she was heralded as a powerful symbol of the Democratic Party’s inclusiveness. But her support of the boycott Israel movement and her attacks on supporters of Israel have made her a complicated figure to defend. Democratic leaders, as well as many in the rank and file, are choosing their words with caution.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi denounced the president for invoking the “painful images of 9/11 for a political attack” without mentioning Ms. Omar, and waited until Sunday — two days after Mr. Trump’s tweet — to issue a statement saying she had asked the Capitol Police to assess the congresswoman’s safety. Representative Steny H. Hoyer, the House Democratic leader, waited three days before calling on the president to apologize to Ms. Omar.

“They put us in photos when they want to show our party is diverse,” Representative Rashida Tlaib, Democrat of Michigan and the only other Muslim woman in Congress, wrote on Twitter, responding to someone who complained about Ms. Omar’s “lack of support” from the Democratic leadership. “However, when we ask to be at the table, or speak up about issues that impact who we are, what we fight for & why we ran in the first place, we are ignored. To truly honor our diversity is to never silence us.”

In many respects, Ms. Omar, a Somali refugee whose family received asylum in the United States when she was a teenager, represents a new direction for the Democratic Party. Her allies on the left argue that Mr. Trump’s war with Ms. Omar is a defining issue for the party.

But centrist Democrats have a more complex relationship with Ms. Omar. Her leftist brand of politics does not go over well in the swing districts that delivered Democrats the House majority. Her views on Israel make many Jews — an important component of the Democratic base — deeply uneasy. And her insinuations that American policy toward the Jewish state is driven by money — “It’s all about the Benjamins baby,” she wrote on Twitter — have drawn charges of anti-Semitism, prompting her to apologize.

Democratic presidential candidates have had their own complicated reactions. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Democrat of New York, has cast herself as a progressive on the campaign trail. But she qualified her support for Ms. Omar, by saying, “As a senator who represents 9/11 victims, I can’t accept any minimizing of that pain.”

Even Mr. Sanders, who hails from the same liberal wing of the party as Ms. Omar — and would be the country’s first Jewish president if elected — offered a mixed response. Speaking at a town hall-style meeting televised by the Fox News Channel on Monday night, he said he respected Ms. Omar. And while he said he does not believe she is anti-Semitic, he added, “I think Ilhan has got to do a better job in speaking to the Jewish community.”

Ms. Omar’s supporters say there is a danger to the Democratic split.

“Some of these institutional Democratic leaders can’t find, frankly, the spine to speak up quickly and strongly in defense of one of their colleagues,” said Zahra Billoo, a spokeswoman for CAIR. “If we don’t find alignment soon, knowing that Donald Trump is already passing Democratic candidates in his own fund-raising, I worry that we are looking at a second term because the leaders of our party did not do the right thing.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/16/us/politics/ilhan-omar-democrats.html

21 hours ago, 17to85 said:

But her emails!

It's like no one here has ever watched CNN or MSNBC.  Democrats are just as good at the false equivalency thing.  And just out-right lying.  Republicans don't have a monopoly on straw-grasping at all.