US Politics

Rich

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

When the AG gives it credibility with zero evidence....disgraceful.   Its funny because of all the evidence of Russian interference in the election and their contacts with Trump's people and Trump calls it a witch hunt.  Now you have the AG say he has zero evidence but wants to look at how the investigation began...talk about witch hunt.

So you don't think that the Trump campaign was surveiled? I didn't think that was still in dispute... (only whether or not it was proper/legal/justified)

1 minute ago, bluto said:

So you don't think that the Trump campaign was surveiled? I didn't think that was still in dispute... (only whether or not it was proper/legal/justified)

The facts of the case are out there.  Warrants signed off on by federal judges using strict criteria and re-freshed every 90 days.  If a known Russian asset worked for anyones campaign, it would be disingenuous for that campaign to whine about being "spied" on.  In this case, there was obviously plenty of evidence to get warrants.

For the AG to openly use the term "spying" (and then have to walk it back) is incredibly irresponsible.  He's clearly trying to feed the idea that the FBI and other DOJ officials maliciously attempted to conspire to hurt a legitimate candidacy.  Yet he admits he has no evidence.  Its a fishing expedition, the exact thing Trump claimed the Mueller report was (even though it wasnt).  

5 minutes ago, bluto said:

I'm certain the campaign was watched. Look at all the foreign agents that were high ranking in his campaign? His campaign manager is a foreign agent, for crying out loud. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm certain the campaign was watched. Look at all the foreign agents that were high ranking in his campaign? His campaign manager is a foreign agent, for crying out loud. 

Yeah, hire now-convicted felons working as foreign agents and then cry that law enforcement was spying on you.  Absurd.

I mean sure, investigate if you want to.  But if its actually a legit investigation, it wont be good for Trump.  But the AG pushing this false conspiracy theory is outrageous.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah, hire now-convicted felons working as foreign agents and then cry that law enforcement was spying on you.  Absurd.

I mean sure, investigate if you want to.  But if its actually a legit investigation, it wont be good for Trump.  But the AG pushing this false conspiracy theory is outrageous.

I guess we'll see. The AG seems to want to look at it and the FISA docs may get declassified.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

If they were monitoring the campaign, I'm certain it was to protect Trump in the long run, apolitically. You can't have the President unknowingly employing a bunch of foreign agents. Of course, as they later found out, Trump was in on it. 

6 hours ago, JCon said:

This "spying on Trump" attack line It's all horseshit, a smokescreen, a diversion, and it's full throttle, all talk radio in the states is blasting this now. usual yelling, shouting, and anger at how outrageous it is "spying" on Trump. Probably the most compromised President in history.

Republican "attack where you're weakest", seems to work on their dimwitted followers.

See John Kerry, "swiftboating"

Edited by Mark F

😂

Trump hotels exempted from ban on foreign payments under new stance

A narrow justice department interpretation of the emoluments clause gives countries leeway to curry favor with the president via commercial deals. For over a hundred years, the justice department has strictly interpreted the constitution’s anti-corruption emoluments clause to prohibit federal officials from accepting anything of value from foreign governments, absent congressional consent,” Clark told the Guardian.

In 2017, the department reversed course, adopting arguments nearly identical to those put forward by Trump’s private sector lawyers. Instead of defending the republic against foreign influence, the department is defending Trump’s ability to receive money from foreign governments,” Clark added.

“This administration gives off every appearance of turning the White House into a giant cash register,” said Mikhail. “ Rather than drawing bright lines between the Trump Organization and the Trump administration they seem intent on blurring those lines.”

Too funny.

One good thing.....

He's definitely showcasing the depth of the corruption in the USA. Right out in the open, and many are fine with it.

Edited by Mark F

They 

2 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Democrats are getting stone walled in every avenue they take, they are starting to look a little weak as Trump has his ducks in a row and they have gone full protection mode. 

They not only look weak, they are weak. They have been for years. 

The Republicans bend,  stretch, and trample every rule to get their way. The Democrats whine that it's no fair. And do nothing.

Edited by Mark F

If anyone thinks Katie Porter is weak, they haven't been paying attention.

JP Morgan CEO can't explain how one of his low-paid employees should budget her salary – video

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2019/apr/11/jp-morgan-ceo-cant-explain-how-one-of-his-low-paid-employees-should-budget-her-salary-video?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1555015598

11 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Greg Craig who served as top lawyer in Obama administration was charged yesterday with lying and concealing about his foreign collusion with the government of Ukraine.

This is probably fake news.  As it turns out, the Mueller investigation was an illegal witch hunt and fake so how can this be?