US Politics

Rich

38 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Linda McMahon reportedly quitting Trump's cabinet to become chair of a Superpac that will raise money for his re-election.

Never thought I'd see a post on a wrestling thread re-posted in a US Politics thread. Can't even say "but these are the times we live in" since Jesse Ventura was governor of Minnesota for a time a while ago.

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

25 minutes ago, bustamente said:

AG Barr I will release the Mueller report totally redacted in the middle of April

Chairman Nadler April 2 no redaction's 

The game of chicken has started let's see how it plays out.

What a terrible look for Trump.  If the only concern is grand jury info, it can be unsealed.  They're hiding.  I mean, if the report was an exoneration, they'd be giving 5 copies to every man, woman and child.

4 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Today the White House is not invoking privilege, just before the release you will hear the White House claims executive privilege,  so the Trump can maximize his message and all the rallies he will be doing in April. Barr may regret hitching his wagon to Trump 

Barr knew what he was getting into. He's made a career out of protecting GOPers from facing any repercussions. 

30 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

What a terrible look for Trump.  If the only concern is grand jury info, it can be unsealed.  They're hiding.  I mean, if the report was an exoneration, they'd be giving 5 copies to every man, woman and child.

Nailed to telephone poles, stuck between car wipers, and on walls of cafes, bars, airports, train/ bus stations, churches, sport stadiums, community clubs........and attached to strippers G-strings.

Just now, bustamente said:

Some are saying that if Mueller would of severed Trump with a subpoena to testify he would of plead the 5th and because Mueller was told he could not indict Trump he decided against it. Any truth to this

If true thats definitely a point in favour of Mueller not being biased because the visual (or just report) of a Pres pleading the 5th would have been horrible for Trump.

There is speculation that the report DOES contain evidence of obstruction (and collusion but by the definition of the conspiracy, not enough to charge).  Mueller's intent, some believe, was to create a report that Congress would be able to get and let them impeach (or decide).

I guess there's no way of knowing...well, unless they just release the damn report.

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

AG Barr is showing how swampy he really is, Dems still say no redaction April 2 let see what they do.

Nothing and give them a heavily redacted report on their own time table because at this point they don't give a ****, they're gonna do what ever they can to protect the party. 

I think the President has the power to "classify" anything.

Maybe that's Trump's next move.

also

But Trump and Lenin share a strategic instinct. Lenin reportedly said, “The worse, the better”—meaning that conditions that were more miserable for the people were likely to help his political aims. Trump’s approach to immigration and health care, both in the past few days and throughout his presidency, evince a similar understanding of power. My colleague Adam Serwer has argued that the cruelty of many of Trump’s policies is the point. In some cases, however, the point may be making things worse to his benefit.

who knows. imagine living with someone this stupid and  cruel for twenty or thirty years.

Trump motto is "never give a sucker an even break"

Edited by Mark F

U.S. Liberals : (enemy 's name here) is a degenerate sexual predator. Women must be believed and heard.There is no debate. He must resign , drop,out quit etc.now.

Also U.S. Liberals : Biden? That was only one accusation, oh ,it's two now? Meh, it's just the way he says hello, whatevs.

Edited by Zontar

1 minute ago, Zontar said:

U.S. Liberals : (enemy 's name here) is a degenerate sexual predator. Women must be believed and heard.There is no debate.

Also U.S. Liberals : Biden? That was only one accusation, oh ,it's two now? Meh, it's just the way he says hello, whatevs.

Franken is out. 

Trump is still in power. GOP sets the bar so low. 

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

Franken is out. 

Trump is still in power. GOP sets the bar so low. 

Franken must be kicking himself.

Judging by Northam s  choice , and his Attorney General, for example all you have to do is wait it out ..

No doubt Biden will take that path now aswell.

Problem is any perceived enemy of progressives will also use this tactic. Progressives use of sexual and identity politics to crush opposition in the name of "social justice" is now gone.

And , as usual, they did it to themselves.

Edited by Zontar