US Politics

Rich

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I know... the whole Pocahontas and Crazy Bernie monikers will drive me nuts and fuel his base...

But for the Majority of Americans- that would be the ticket that would do the most for them. 

Bernie has zero chance.  He's actually really bad for the Dems because he's kinda an *******.  Its so important for the Dems this time around that they don't eat their own, and they look at the big picture and fall in line behind the best ticket.  That isnt going to be Bernie and his supporters are so fanatical, he really needs to ensure they fall in line.  Which is not to say Bernie doesnt have good ideas...most mainstream Dems have adopted his "Health Care for All" position...thats a major accomplishment.  But now it can be enacted without Bernie.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Beto is entering the race far lower in the polls than Obama had. He's still quite an unknown in mainstream America. 

We'll see what happens.  Harris was lower than I expected until just now...there is a lag time.  Beto just announced and received more donations than anyone.  In a month, that polling might change.

But it's true which is why Biden and Bernie poll so high.  They are the most known to mainstream.  

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Bernie has zero chance.  He's actually really bad for the Dems because he's kinda an *******.  Its so important for the Dems this time around that they don't eat their own, and they look at the big picture and fall in line behind the best ticket.  That isnt going to be Bernie and his supporters are so fanatical, he really needs to ensure they fall in line.  Which is not to say Bernie doesnt have good ideas...most mainstream Dems have adopted his "Health Care for All" position...thats a major accomplishment.  But now it can be enacted without Bernie.

I totally agree. 

I think a Warren/bernie ticket would struggle against Trump- Unfortunately, this 2020 race isn't about who would best represent the majority of 'Mericans, just who would be best to beat Trump.

14 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Unfortunately, this 2020 race isn't about who would best represent the majority of 'Mericans, just who would be best to beat Trump.

and 2015 was all about getting rid of Harper, and look how badly that turned out.  It may be about "getting rid of Trump" for a lot of people but it shouldn't just be about putting someone else in who's just as corrupt or worse to get rid of the current guy.  That never works.

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

and 2015 was all about getting rid of Harper, and look how badly that turned out.  It may be about "getting rid of Trump" for a lot of people but it shouldn't just be about putting someone else in who's just as corrupt or worse to get rid of the current guy.  That never works.

First off... Trudeau is better than Harper- hands down. 

Who the **** could be just as or more corrupt than trump?

29 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Yes it was Trump who told her to lie about her ethnicity.  It's Dem tricks that seem to work on the weak-minded.

Wait... what "Dem tricks" are you talking about?

Anyway...

This isn't about whether or not she lied about it... it has to do with the amount of stock people put into the transgression. I mean people have completely written off what she says/stands for/ proposes to do because of a small transgression she has already apologized profusely to the proper people. Unfortunately, those small minded people are missing out on an awesome candidate who would do so much for the USA's middle class and marginalized people.

But it is trump being a racist bully that appeals to the weak minded and those that don't see themselves as a racist or a bully.

oh, and a side note- your Warren/Ivory meme smacks of white supremacy and hints at aryan notions; equating White with purity. you should be careful about the memes you post, people might think you are a white supremacists (Not saying you are, hence the "heads up"). 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

ANyways- Didn't you get the memo that gif replies in threads is a no-no?  Please don't gun to lock this thread down.

No, I didn't get this memo.  And I'm not "gunning" to lock any threads down, I leave that to those who can't seem to tolerate any opposing opinions.

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

No, I didn't get this memo.  And I'm not "gunning" to lock any threads down, I leave that to those who can't seem to tolerate any opposing opinions.

Ok, Cool I don't want any thread to get locked down either: We should take these issues to PM.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Trump approval rating two days ago CNN..... 42%. 

Gallup poll data from 2018, analyzed through the ACP community types, shows that the most urban communities in the country barely moved in their opinion of Trump. But in rural communities — the places at the heart of Trump’s base — the president saw significant upticks in his job approval.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Good God almighty America, what have you done.

It really is amazing, and how quickly a person can be come inured to the goings on in the US under Trump and his helpers.

At least maybe the blinkers will be removed for some of the people that still think America is the moral leader of the world.

Edit

just saw another poll half of people surveyed think Mueller inquiry is a "witch hunt"

Repeat a lie often enough..... etc.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

It really is amazing, and how quickly a person can be come inured to the goings on in the US under Trump and his helpers.

At least maybe the blinkers will be removed for some of the people that still think America is the moral leader of the world.

I do wonder, however, how many of the supporters really think about Trump as a person rather then just "siding with" whomever is their parties guy.  We see that even on this board.  Trump could probably show up to a presser in a KKK hood and announce the end of democratic elections, appoint himself Emperor and there will still be people who "support" him because "their guys" is in charge.

It works both ways.  But in the case of the GOP, they have been pulled really far right.  And I think its partially because *that* base is not at all open to being lured to anyone else.  Its super consistent.  In theory, what they've done should be the end of the GOP as a Presidential option for many many years.  But because they won last time, I think they're willing to give it another go and see if they use whatever means, legal or otherwise, to build upon that consistent base.

And for a lot of voters, they just dont care and they dont pay attention.  When they hear "economy is good", it literally wouldn't matter who was President.  Thats the big ticket item.  If the economy urns, Trump's approval would drop to that consistent white national base.

What I wonder about is how many of that 42% are people who are right wing so they wont say he's doing a bad job but still dont like him...in other words, if the GOP ran someone against Trump, how many of those 42% would jump to a right wing candidate who isnt a racist, moronic assclown?

I think this also tells the Dems that they shouldn't bother trying to be "moderate" or closer to center in an effort to lure white wing'ers to their side.  It isnt going to happen.  They have to be true to their liberalism and motivate those people to vote.  They'll win if they do.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

46 minutes ago, bustamente said:

The Emperor wants parades, accolades and apparently thank you's from dead people.

He's invited everyone to DC for a big party. July 4th. New thing, going to big. Fireworks and whatnot. I bet he gets a good showing. I bet it's so bigly, that we see spontaneous parties breakout across the country. It will be a big holiday. Huuuuge. Everyone will say it's the best thing a president has ever done. 

7 hours ago, JCon said:

He's invited everyone to DC for a big party. July 4th. New thing, going to big. Fireworks and whatnot. I bet he gets a good showing. I bet it's so bigly, that we see spontaneous parties breakout across the country. It will be a big holiday. Huuuuge. Everyone will say it's the best thing a president has ever done. 

Do you think he'll serve a bunch of congealed hamberders?

Worth reading, Trump speech slamming McCain.  "The audience, which had applauded and cheered through much of the speech, sat virtually silent during the attack on the late senator and decorated war hero."

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-attacks-on-mc-cain-bomb-at-tank-factory-203505733.html

America losing influence

Last summer, the Trump administration started a campaign to convince its European allies to bar China’s Huawei Technologies Co. from their telecom networks. Bolstered by the success of similar efforts in Australia and New Zealand, the White House sent envoys to European capitals with warnings that Huawei’s gear would open a backdoor for Chinese spies. The U.S. even threatened to cut off intelligence sharing if Europe ignored its advice. So far, not a single European country has banned Huawei.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-19/trump-blockade-of-huawei-fizzles-in-european-5g-rollout

Canada should release the Huawei executive.

Edited by Mark F