US Politics

Rich

18 minutes ago, JCon said:

Deutsche Bank should recall the loan.

Except of course, he could out them for laundering Russian money. 

Isnt it this bank who's head is the son of the supreme court judge who retired to make room for Kav?  Or is that a different Trump scandal Im thinking of?

Speaking of which, Dems want an investigation into the Florida brothel since it seems the previous owner sold Trump access to Chinese businessmen.  

Ofcourse, nothing to see here.  All a witch hunt.  Trump has never done anything wrong.  All the smoke doesnt lead to a fire I guess.  Spoiler Alert: Its an inferno.

Just now, bustamente said:

Devin Nunes is suing twitter and some accounts because they were mean to him

It's gold! The whole lawsuit is hilarious, including some of the images they've posted. Not only will this get thrown out, it brings everything back out. 

The replies to the filing were absolutely hilarious. 

8 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Devin Nunes is suing twitter and some accounts because they were mean to him

Wouldn't that set a precedent whereby everyone could sue Trump for his Twitter antics? lol  Nunes should probably worry about not getting implicated in anything related to Trump...

Edited by The Unknown Poster

Gosh Iike her:

PLLT5JCJCQI6TDH4FROQTGOCDY.jpg

She's my pick out of all the candidates. 

She has lived her whole life fighting for the middle class and the marginalized... she walks the walk, while others just pay lip service to it.

She was pretty awesome on CNN town-hall recently.

It's refreshing to see a Dem who can discuss their faith with sincerity. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/03/19/elizabeth-warren-explains-how-her-christian-faith-shaped-her-liberal-politics/?utm_term=.1a23ca567016

One my buddies really likes her too.  I dont know though...There's something about her I cant put my finger on but I dont know that much about her.  Ill have to watch more.  I still like Harris more but I read her fundraising was well behind Beto.  Beto seems like the rock star choice right now and the GOP seem most afraid of him.  But I find him a little wishy washy.  But a Dem from Texas?  If he can last the long haul he might be the guy.

53 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

One my buddies really likes her too.  I dont know though...There's something about her I cant put my finger on but I dont know that much about her.  Ill have to watch more.  I still like Harris more but I read her fundraising was well behind Beto.  Beto seems like the rock star choice right now and the GOP seem most afraid of him.  But I find him a little wishy washy.  But a Dem from Texas?  If he can last the long haul he might be the guy.

Her policies make sense. Watch her town hall- it's worth the time.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

How about a Beto,Kamala ticket, young slightly progressive Democrats, both very likable and well spoken 

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

How about a Beto,Kamala ticket, young slightly progressive Democrats, both very likable and well spoken 

In theory, I like it.  I think its important for the Dems to have a woman on the ticket.   And ofcourse there are strategies that go into play in terms of delivering certain states.  Biden will be a popular choice but the old white guy look just doesnt seem right.  If guys like him, Bernie, Hilary, Obama and Bill were all united in delivering for the ticket, it would be an impressive united front.

10 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Nah- not a fan of Beto, his resume is too skimpy. 

Well he served in the House from 2013-2019.  Obama served in the Senate for less time.  I think they served a similar time in State politics.  Obama was 47 when he became President.  Beto would be 48 when the 2020 election happens.

Plus the current President is Donald Trump.  Although that might give pause to those voters who felt experience in politics didnt matter when they voted last time.

EDIT to correct: Obama was in state politics before Congress.  Beto was a city Councillor.   But he likely has a better chance at appealing to moderate conservatives who are fed up with the direction of the GOP.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

In theory, I like it.  I think its important for the Dems to have a woman on the ticket.   And ofcourse there are strategies that go into play in terms of delivering certain states.  Biden will be a popular choice but the old white guy look just doesnt seem right.  If guys like him, Bernie, Hilary, Obama and Bill were all united in delivering for the ticket, it would be an impressive united front.

Beto has said it would be his preference to have a woman as running mate so that pairing could work... not sure Harris is interested in playing 2nd fiddle at the moment though.

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

Beto has said it would be his preference to have a woman as running mate so that pairing could work... not sure Harris is interested in playing 2nd fiddle at the moment though.

She might feel she shouldnt take a back seat to Beto due to her age but she lacks political experience.  A Beto/Kamala ticket would be prone to questions of experience but not against Trump.  And with Obama actively campaigning, he'd reduce fears of inexperience I would think.

The Dems need to think about the future.  Well, the GOP do as well.  Who's next in line?  Trump and the GOP by extension pretty much chewed up and spit out all their qualified candidates.  Would Jeb have a chance now?  Would he want to?

Kamala would be primed to win in 2028 if a Beto ticket was successful.

Ofcourse, I dont think Hilary has officially said she isnt running...

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

She might feel she shouldnt take a back seat to Beto due to her age but she lacks political experience.  A Beto/Kamala ticket would be prone to questions of experience but not against Trump.  And with Obama actively campaigning, he'd reduce fears of inexperience I would think.

The Dems need to think about the future.  Well, the GOP do as well.  Who's next in line?  Trump and the GOP by extension pretty much chewed up and spit out all their qualified candidates.  Would Jeb have a chance now?  Would he want to?

Kamala would be primed to win in 2028 if a Beto ticket was successful.

Ofcourse, I dont think Hilary has officially said she isnt running...

She has. Hilary is out. 

I love it that people see Harris as progressive. She certainly wasn't as the AG for California. Kamala Harris’s controversial record on criminal justice, explained

She's got a quite complicated track record but most people seem to be giving her a "progressive" moniker. 

12 minutes ago, JCon said:

She has. Hilary is out. 

I love it that people see Harris as progressive. She certainly wasn't as the AG for California. Kamala Harris’s controversial record on criminal justice, explained

She's got a quite complicated track record but most people seem to be giving her a "progressive" moniker. 

Did Hilary announce that recently?  I know she was quoted saying she wasnt running a few weeks ago but her people back-tracked saying it wasnt a firm no.  Either way, I cant imagine her running.

I dont think Harris will find too much issue if she was to "tough on crime" as a prosecutor.  She can say her positions have evolved over time and that she remains tough on crime that deserves it.  For example, she was against legalizing pot but changed her mind.  She might be a good counter to Beto.  Although dont count out Booker.  He's got a celebrity girlfriend, after all 

As I was typing, I got a CNN news blast saying Harris has jumped to third in the polling, behind Biden & Bernie.  

12 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Did Hilary announce that recently?  I know she was quoted saying she wasnt running a few weeks ago but her people back-tracked saying it wasnt a firm no.  Either way, I cant imagine her running.

I dont think Harris will find too much issue if she was to "tough on crime" as a prosecutor.  She can say her positions have evolved over time and that she remains tough on crime that deserves it.  For example, she was against legalizing pot but changed her mind.  She might be a good counter to Beto.  Although dont count out Booker.  He's got a celebrity girlfriend, after all 

As I was typing, I got a CNN news blast saying Harris has jumped to third in the polling, behind Biden & Bernie.  

If they back-tracked, I missed it. I would be shocked if she ran again. 

I would expect Biden and Bernie to be pushed aside at some point. 

Warren-Harris-Beto would probably be my picks to be the last three standing. Things change quickly, of course.

I'm not sure Beto has much of a chance other than he's a white man (which is huge, of course) and he's not in his nineties like Bernie. 

Edited by JCon

47 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Well he served in the House from 2013-2019.  Obama served in the Senate for less time.  I think they served a similar time in State politics.  Obama was 47 when he became President.  Beto would be 48 when the 2020 election happens.

Plus the current President is Donald Trump.  Although that might give pause to those voters who felt experience in politics didnt matter when they voted last time.

EDIT to correct: Obama was in state politics before Congress.  Beto was a city Councillor.   But he likely has a better chance at appealing to moderate conservatives who are fed up with the direction of the GOP.

I meant academically as well. 

One has a law degree from Harvard, the other a Bachelor of Arts from Columbia.