US Politics

Rich

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Not sure if those stats are real, but even if close to real, this really makes Jussie Smolletts look bad.  He really needs to be made an example of for what he did.

Of course thats your take away.  Jesus.  Not even thinly veiled anymore.  And I do mean veiled...

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I thought you were smart enough to grasp this. 

and I thought you were smart enough to grasp what I was saying.

There have been many discussions in this thread that were not supportive of left wing politics. 

Awesome.  Those are some pretty good discussions.

There are only a few people who can't engage (or choose to not engage) in discussions in  a mature way.  Im sorry, you're one of them.

Oh man this made me laugh.  The biggest hypocrite on the board is accusing others of immaturity.  Dude, you are really sad.

The point was for you to create an absurd thread for when you blow up minor things or express outrage in thinly veiled efforts to push a white nationalist agenda where other people could avoid them.  because they are irrelevant.

If I'm "pushing a white nationalist agenda" then so are you.  Stop pushing a white nationalist agenda, it's horrible (honestly have no idea what a white nationalist agenda is)….

This thread should be for all discussions of US politics.  You rarely discuss US politics.  Thats the point. 

AOC is a US politician the last time I looked.  You just don't like it when people say something that disagrees with the norm, that AOC is "AWESOME"!!!  She's not.  She seems to be a really nice person though.

While I am enjoying you getting angrier and angrier about my posts, its a waste of time. 

I'm enjoying you getting angrier and angrier too.  Anger is a product of fear, and you are right, it's a waste of time.  

Personally, if it was my forum, I wouldn't allow any semblance of white nationalism because we all know what it is. 

So you wouldn't allow yourself to post?  Interesting.

But it isnt my board.  Im suggesting you start a thread for yourself and like minded people to discuss that gross ideology in peace while the rest of us discuss US politics in a mature way.

And I was suggesting that you do the same.  You can discuss your gross ideologies, and I can discuss mine.  

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Of course thats your take away.  Jesus.  Not even thinly veiled anymore.  And I do mean veiled...

That's one of them.  Are you saying that what Smolletts did wasn't awful?  If so, why not?  And you aren't thinly veiled anymore either.  And I do mean veiled.

9 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I don't even know what a "white nationalist" is, but the fact that you would even go there is just disgusting.  You should hang your head in shame.

You don't know what it is yet you are calling going there disgusting? either you do or you don't know what a white nationalist is... you can't have it both ways. 

6 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Not sure if those stats are real, but even if close to real, this really makes Jussie Smolletts look bad.  He really needs to be made an example of for what he did.

Wow... this kinda sums up your view on politics. Ignore the 20% rise in actual hate crimes and focus on the 0.2% hoaxes. Cuz hoaxes are where the problem lies...

C'mon- you gotta be trolling at this point. 

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

You don't know what it is yet you are calling going there disgusting? either you do or you don't know what a white nationalist is... you can't have it both ways. 

I honestly don't really know, but it seems to be something pretty bad.  Are you ok with TUP insulting me like that?  If so, why?  Is that what this board is about, just insulting people and incorrectly labeling them?  That's pretty bad if it is.

Wow... this kinda sums up your view on politics. Ignore the 20% rise in actual hate crimes and focus on the 0.2% hoaxes. Cuz hoaxes are where the problem lies...

I'm not ignoring it.  It's sad that you see it that way.  What I am saying (and I think you would agree), that what Jussie Smolletts did was wrong and bad (or am I off base here), mostly because he will take away attention from actual hate crimes, and make people doubt real crimes.  Can we agree on this?

No, but I know TUP definitely is.  

5 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

If I'm "pushing a white nationalist agenda" then so are you.  Stop pushing a white nationalist agenda, it's horrible (honestly have no idea what a white nationalist agenda is)….

Maybe you should google it or else you look like this guy.

az616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=496&h=05885593f

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

That's one of them.  Are you saying that what Smolletts did wasn't awful?  If so, why not?  And you aren't thinly veiled anymore either.  And I do mean veiled.

Ofcourse it was.  But filing a false police report is literally incredibly minor compared to all the crimes and allegations you excuse because you share the opinion of the people committing them.  Being MORE outraged at people who expressed dismay at the purported crime than at the perpetrators of similar crimes when they do happen, is  transparent and gross.  The white supremacist coat guard is a way bigger story but you dont care because all he wanted to do was kill liberals and black people.  You're not even outraged at Smolletts, you're belittling people who felt sympathy for him because the idea of feeling sympathy for blacks or gays when they are attacked seems foreign to you.

That's the problem.  And you don't even grasp that thats the way you're coming across. 

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

I know right?  Watching TUP just destroy himself has made my morning so far.  And our coffee machine broke down so this has helped a lot.

The old "nah nah nah nah nah, no you" come back is about the intellectual level you've been operating on the last few days here so I am not surprised.  But it is another example of why people are so dismissive of your posts here.  No substance.  Just poor attempts at jokes and immature criticisms.  We get it, its a deflecting and coping mechanism.  But seriously...its a bad look.  And as someone who has agreed with many things you've posted on other topics, you can do a lot better.  #BeBetter

7 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

If he really doesnt know what it means, he really has no business posting here.  But let's be honest, the term doesnt compute for him because its the norm.  

• Rich locked this topic
  • Rich unlocked this topic
13 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

So, did we learn anything new from Cohen's testimony yesterday, and will it have any real impact? Fascinating to see the responses to that versus the Wilson-Raybould testimony, and the fallout from that.

Well, two points to your post.

Someone made a post in the Canadian politics thread which is a great point and dovetails into what many have said here for awhile, that political perspective often clouds judgement.  I was at the dentist last week and it was an experience I've had a few times.  I had the TV on CNN and the dental assistant commented about how awful Trump was so we talked about it for a few minutes and then she surprised me by saying "not that our PM is much better, I just dont like him."  I've heard that a lot.

The Cohen testimony was explosive.  And bad for Trump.  But a real example of the lack of accountability among the GOP.  I think only one Republican expressed concern, the rest carried Trump's water in attacking Cohen.  They didnt dispute what he said though.  If they are so outraged by liars, how can they support Trump?  It was jaw-dropping really.

Cohen comes across very credible within the context of a convicted liar.  No man has ever been more compelled to be honest then a guy going to prison for lying to congress, not yet sentenced, and called before congress again.  He's incredibly motivated to come clean.  And he defended Trump on several issues, a couple of key ones in fact.   

He's implicated Trump directly in the campaign finance felony.  And watching the GOP defenders on the news after try to pooh-pooh that...its a campaign finance violation that was designed to steal the election.  Not all finance violations are created equal.  He implicated Trump Jr and the Trump CFO.  The CFO is cooperating so thats a big deal.

He implicated Junior and Ivanka in the Moscow Trump Tower deal.  And Congress is very likely to want to call them in for questioning which is going to be world war 3.   

And perhaps most interestingly, Cohen declined to answer questions about other criminal acts because they're being currently investigated by the SDNY.  The SDNY may end up being more explosive than the Mueller report.  Perhaps by a long shot, in fact.  And in the end, what sinks Trump might not be the acts, but the cover-up (just as it was for Nixon).

I'm not sure we learned anything new with Cohen yesterday, simply confirmation of everything has come out. In a crazy way, it's just confirmation that Trump is a racist conman. Everyone sees it except the idiots that continue to support him.

The JWR situation is completely explosive. Not very often that we get a full picture of what happens behind the scenes. And, no, as someone who has seen behind the curtain., this is nothing new or shocking to me. It's shocking how it's played out and JT is probably out. 

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm not sure we learned anything new with Cohen yesterday, simply confirmation of everything has come out. In a crazy way, it's just confirmation that Trump is a racist conman. Everyone sees it except the idiots that continue to support him.

The JWR situation is completely explosive. Not very often that we get a full picture of what happens behind the scenes. And, no, as someone who has seen behind the curtain., this is nothing new or shocking to me. It's shocking how it's played out and JT is probably out. 

The JWR situation is an easy one, I agree.  JT should quit.  If he doesnt, the Liberals get trounced next election anyway.

I think the Cohen testimony implicating Junior was new, wasnt it?  His statements about SDNY having criminal investigations into Trump that have not been heard about *could* be new...

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

The JWR situation is an easy one, I agree.  JT should quit.  If he doesnt, the Liberals get trounced next election anyway.

I think the Cohen testimony implicating Junior was new, wasnt it?  His statements about SDNY having criminal investigations into Trump that have not been heard about *could* be new...

I think the comments about Jr being an idiot from his Dad are new but Jr has been telling his circle that he's expecting to be indicted soon for months. His connection to the Trump Tower meeting was established a while ago (in the media). 

The SDNY having an open investigation is not new. When the leak about "Cohen's testimony" came out a month or so ago, it was speculated that is came from that office and not Mueller's. Mueller's team has been airtight. Maybe the confirmation is new? 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I think the comments about Jr being an idiot from his Dad are new but Jr has been telling his circle that he's expecting to be indicted soon for months. His connection to the Trump Tower meeting was established a while ago (in the media). 

The SDNY having an open investigation is not new. When the leak about "Cohen's testimony" came out a month or so ago, it was speculated that is came from that office and not Mueller's. Mueller's team has been airtight. Maybe the confirmation is new? 

Oh for sure, I mean the part of that its investigating things that have not been discussed.  if I understood that exchange by Cohen and the Rep correctly.

Just now, JCon said:

Ah, yes, I see what you're saying. I think that may be new. 

And I think its a brilliant move, perhaps orchestrated by Mueller.  SDNY is involved to cut off the Pardon aspect.  And it also isnt prone to allegations of bias which Mueller is, though he shouldn't be.  I read someone suggest SDNY is doing the heavy lifting on serious criminal matters where Mueller will in effect, to the political aspect (ie. his report will be fuel for an impeachment, but SDNY will be fuel for criminal prosecution of people up to and perhaps including Trump).

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Always knew that Trump didn't expect to win and was only in it for the grift but the to double down on that grift when he did win is incredible. The conman just couldn't help himself. 

Thats sort of the really dumb part.  Let's assume Trump was doing the Moscow project because he assumed he'd lose and it was too big of a deal to pass up.  I can accept that.  Its sort of disingenuous to your supporters, but we can accept he never expected to win nor wanted to win and that his primary focus was money money money so he kept running the operation.

Why lie?  Its not like supporters would turn on him if he said "sure, Im doing business in Russia.  Its what I do."  But he or someone close to him was **** scared of admitting that.   In retrospect, it stinks because it provided motivation for him to be indebted to Russia.  But had he just admitted it, I doubt anything changed and he doesnt have the stink of a cover-up.  IF he criminally conspired with Russia to impact the election, which is very possible, that's a different matter.  But that fact is true or false regardless of the outcome (he might have just felt no one would care had he lost).

But it almost doesnt make sense other than your point that he couldn't help himself.  If he didnt want to win, why help rig the election?  Because like everything else, he has to push the false narrative of being the best and winning at everything.  

And I think its a brilliant move, perhaps orchestrated by Mueller.  SDNY is involved to cut off the Pardon aspect.  And it also isnt prone to allegations of bias which Mueller is, though he shouldn't be.  I read someone suggest SDNY is doing the heavy lifting on serious criminal matters where Mueller will in effect, to the political aspect (ie. his report will be fuel for an impeachment, but SDNY will be fuel for criminal prosecution of people up to and perhaps including Trump).

I've read that too. I believe the media and masses assumed everything would flow through Muelller, which has driven the concern about the changing AG. However, and we should have seen it, Mueller is using his investigation to set everything else into motion. All prosecutions on the inner circle will stem from but not be limited to the Mueller investigation. 

What's probably most incredible is the people that have been indicted and convicted (plead guilty) seemed to be at our near the top of the food chain but are simply the next level players who will hand Trump (et al) to the prosecutors. Trump will spend the rest of his life in courtrooms and his fam will grow old there too. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I've read that too. I believe the media and masses assumed everything would flow through Muelller, which has driven the concern about the changing AG. However, and we should have seen it, Mueller is using his investigation to set everything else into motion. All prosecutions on the inner circle will stem from but not be limited to the Mueller investigation. 

What's probably most incredible is the people that have been indicted and convicted (plead guilty) seemed to be at our near the top of the food chain but are simply the next level players who will hand Trump (et al) to the prosecutors. Trump will spend the rest of his life in courtrooms and his fam will grow old there too. 

Yup.  And its possible its also Mueller being incredibly focused on his assignment.  Its possible he delivers a report that is damning in many ways but not so in the collusion aspect as far as directly tying Trump.  And thats that.  And yet, every step that Mueller took that pointed to some other criminal matter that didnt fall under his direct assignment, he handed to the SDNY.  It would make sense.  ofcourse, Mueller was given broad leeway to prosecute any other crimes he uncovered in the process (same thing with the Clinton investigation when Bill was pres, but that looked so partisan).  Mueller might be avoiding the partisan aspect by saying, look, here's my report about Russia.  The tax evasion and everything else, not my area, but SDNY nails them,

And you notice Trump doesnt try to mess with the SDNY like he does Mueller.  No one messes with the SDNY.