US Politics

Rich

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

oh, I am seeing a lot of moronic replies here, that's for sure, and now of course as you are feeling scared that someone (GASP!!) is pointing out all of the holes in your confirmation bias, you are getting angry, and now are resulting to insults.  I get it, it's scary when you have to question what you've been told is truth.  But it's worth it.  Call me "Maralargo Bomber fan" all you want, but we both have brains, and I know you will use yours, and really start to think about all of the BS you've been fed.  And it's never too late.

Well, at least you're self-aware... if nothing else.

Awesome word diarrhea. That should take Big Brother for a loop, eh.

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Well, at least you're self-aware... if nothing else.

Awesome word diarrhea. That should take Big Brother for a loop, eh.

can you tell me what everyone is so scared of?  I don't get it.  Any contrary opinion is immediately dismissed as "alt-right".  Why is no one allowed a different opinion without immediately being labeled, and all information provided is just dismissed as "crap" and "garbage" because someone else told you it was.  How is this not Orwellian?

14 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

can you tell me what everyone is so scared of?  I don't get it.  Any contrary opinion is immediately dismissed as "alt-right".  Why is no one allowed a different opinion without immediately being labeled, and all information provided is just dismissed as "crap" and "garbage" because someone else told you it was.  How is this not Orwellian?

Ummmm no, you spouting clearly alt right opinions and demeaning, attacking, ridiculing people who disagree with you is what is happening here.  Why are you so afraid of liberals and their opinions?  Why are you so afraid of people pointing out the truth of the alt right you so vehemently support?  See, its easy.

Im not sure I've ever seen someone so entrenched in their perspective who actually thinks they're open minded.  You'd dismiss a major negative fact about the right but blow up a minor fact about the left.  You're as buried in the sand as you claim everyone else is.  So if you really believe its not too late to use your brain and think about things clearly and without bias, give it a shot.

16 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

can you tell me what everyone is so scared of? 

I don't think anyone is scared of anything posted in this thread. Well. maybe one.  indicated through psychological projection.

19 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I don't get it.  Any contrary opinion is immediately dismissed as "alt-right". 

Not true- not every "contrary opinion is dismissed as alt-right. Statements that smack of white supremacy, use language of the alt-right and supports ideals popular with the alt-right movement- those are immediately dismissed as "alt-right".

23 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Why is no one allowed a different opinion without immediately being labeled,

No one is labeled immediately, there is always a lengthy and consistent history behind that label- I have never seen any pop-in, make a quick comment and be labeled immediately, ( riderfans are the lone exception). WHat you are peddling here is untrue. 

27 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

and all information provided is just dismissed as "crap" and "garbage" because someone else told you it was.  

This is a **** statement- no one here is told to dismiss all information as "crap" and "garbage": they usually come to these conclusions on their own, through experience, research and sometimes interactions. I dismiss fox as a very right slanted, opinion riddled talking heads trying to blur the lines of real journalism and right wing propaganda- because I have watched it, I have done the research and I came to these conclusions on my own, not because AOC told me rupert Murdoch is evil... 

33 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

How is this not Orwellian?

I have no idea what you are trying to convey here with this statement and this tweet.... it's like you are making a statement and then completely undermining that statement.... 

13 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Ummmm no, you spouting clearly alt right opinions and demeaning, attacking, ridiculing people who disagree with you is what is happening here.  

LOL

* the repeated use of "alt-left" and "1984" is actually absurd and bordering on delusional

These repetitious, unoriginal, moronic replies are absolutely pathetic, maralagobomberfan.

you are being willfully ignorant

I think he's totally off the reservation posting all the obviously biased videos expecting them to be taken seriously.

It all started to go sideways yesterday with the whining about being attacked, blathering about Big Brother, posting a story from Bulgarian Breitbart, and claiming to be a moderate, rational voice in this thread.

but a lot of the crap you're posting is from horrendous sources

This is just in the last few days.  And you are saying that I am the one posting "demeaning, attacking, ridiculing stuff?  This is just such blatant hypocrisy.  As I said I get it, you're scared.  It's scary when people challenge the stuff you've been fed from the Alt-left.  It's challenging your beliefs.  If you think AOC is awesome, that's great.  I think that she's a liar, who doesn't really know what she is talking about.  It's sad when people like Stephen Colbert sell out, just to try and make someone look good, who doesn't deserve it.  But such is the world we live in.

Here's a good video.  The guy isn't "Alt-right".  He just wanted to ask AOC some questions.  AOC was nice enough to answer them.  She actually seems like a nice person.  So why is there so much control around her?  What and who is grooming her?

5 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I have no idea what you are trying to convey here with this statement and this tweet.... it's like you are making a statement and then completely undermining that statement.... 

It's not that hard to understand.  Those complaining about the term "Orwellian" don't really understand what the term means.  The blatant ignorance displayed in that Tweet is pretty jaw-dropping.  She is advocating for the government to determine and enforce "acceptable" speech.  That's "Orwellian".  Even some of those jumping on me in the past two days have to have some shred of appreciation for free speech.  Yet this person doesn't get it.  At all.  And that's the problem.  When you just believe everything you are fed and told how to think, you immediately dismiss all information that doesn't conform to your bias.  So, that leads you to say "I'm don't want to be called Orwellian, but I do want Big Brother to tell me what to do".  Total obliviousness.

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

LOL

This is just in the last few days.  And you are saying that I am the one posting "demeaning, attacking, ridiculing stuff?  This is just such blatant hypocrisy.  As I said I get it, you're scared.  It's scary when people challenge the stuff you've been fed from the Alt-left.  It's challenging your beliefs.  If you think AOC is awesome, that's great.  I think that she's a liar, who doesn't really know what she is talking about.  It's sad when people like Stephen Colbert sell out, just to try and make someone look good, who doesn't deserve it.  But such is the world we live in.

Here's a good video.  The guy isn't "Alt-right".  He just wanted to ask AOC some questions.  AOC was nice enough to answer them.  She actually seems like a nice person.  So why is there so much control around her?  What and who is grooming her?

I hate accusing someone of being a troll but you're really entering troll territory.  Im surprised to see people so personally offended at poltical remarks about the alt right.  Its really quite something.

But again, we can be honest here.  The projecting of "scary" is just another routine trick in the Trump supporter's bag.  What they really mean is look how scary this dark skinned woman is.  What's scary about the super super rich paying more taxes?  Do you have a super rich American cousin or something.

Your motivations are transparent.  Both your deep personal believes that the vast majority of people simply find abhorrent and your desire to distract.  If all else fails, try to disrupt until mods come in and lock the thread down (we've seen that before).

You're not going to get what you want here so why keep trying?   Im sure there are message boards with like-minded people that can provide the echo chamber you're wishing for.

PS: LOL (preemptively) 

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

I hate accusing someone of being a troll but you're really entering troll territory. 

Pot, meet kettle.  I knew this was coming though.  First fear (Oh no, someone is saying stuff I don't like), then the anger and the insults, and now the T word.  I've been waiting for Nazi, white supremacist etc.  It's easy to just resort to name-calling when you have nothing else.  Calling out AOC (which started this whole thing) isn't trolling.  It's just point out a different point of view.  AOC has said a lot of really stupid stuff.  That's just the truth.  And even the WaPo has called her out on it.  You can acknowledge that, or go MAGA and bury your head in the sand.  That's not trolling.  

Im surprised to see people so personally offended at poltical remarks about the alt right.  Its really quite something.

and I'm not surprised to see people so personally offended at political remarks about the alt left.  It's really just the same old same old.

But again, we can be honest here.  The projecting of "scary" is just another routine trick in the Trump supporter's bag. 

And AOC, or whoever is controlling her, is using this trick perfectly.

What they really mean is look how scary this dark skinned woman is. 

If you are talking about AOC, I don't see color.  But her views are definitely scary, for the Democrats.

What's scary about the super super rich paying more taxes?  Do you have a super rich American cousin or something.

Not sure what this is about or why you are asking me.  I don't care about the super-rich paying more taxes.  I do care when people deliberately falsely portray AOC as being perfect.  She's not.  She lies and totally makes a fool of herself constantly.  Why can't this be pointed out?  What is so scary about that?

Your motivations are transparent.  Both your deep personal believes that the vast majority of people simply find abhorrent and your desire to distract.  If all else fails, try to disrupt until mods come in and lock the thread down (we've seen that before).

No, what we've seen are a few posters here get so obnoxious, and fill their posts with F-bombs, that cause the mods to lock the thread.  This is when they are losing the argument, last resort tactic.

You're not going to get what you want here so why keep trying?   

LOL - all I want is the truth.  And unfortunately, it appears certain posters here can't handle the truth. 

Im sure there are message boards with like-minded people that can provide the echo chamber you're wishing for.

PS: LOL (preemptively) 

Because you don't want me to disrupt this echo-chamber you've got going?

6 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Pot, meet kettle.  I knew this was coming though.  First fear (Oh no, someone is saying stuff I don't like), then the anger and the insults, and now the T word.  I've been waiting for Nazi, white supremacist etc.  It's easy to just resort to name-calling when you have nothing else.  Calling out AOC (which started this whole thing) isn't trolling.  It's just point out a different point of view.  AOC has said a lot of really stupid stuff.  That's just the truth.  And even the WaPo has called her out on it.  You can acknowledge that, or go MAGA and bury your head in the sand.  That's not trolling.  

and I'm not surprised to see people so personally offended at political remarks about the alt left.  It's really just the same old same old.

And AOC, or whoever is controlling her, is using this trick perfectly.

If you are talking about AOC, I don't see color.  But her views are definitely scary, for the Democrats.

Not sure what this is about or why you are asking me.  I don't care about the super-rich paying more taxes.  I do care when people deliberately falsely portray AOC as being perfect.  She's not.  She lies and totally makes a fool of herself constantly.  Why can't this be pointed out?  What is so scary about that?

No, what we've seen are a few posters here get so obnoxious, and fill their posts with F-bombs, that cause the mods to lock the thread.  This is when they are losing the argument, last resort tactic.

LOL - all I want is the truth.  And unfortunately, it appears certain posters here can't handle the truth. 

None of what you wrote has any validity at all here.  Again, you're a smart guy but not nearly smart enough to try what you're trying.  Its incredibly transparent.  But if you want to just take shots at me, thats cool.  98% of the people here see what you are so you're really just making my point (and many others' too).

Funny how personally offended you get over a rookie politician's platform...all you're doing is parroting the alt right message to attack her.  I get it, she's an easy target for the white nationalists since she's...well, young, inexperienced, female and black.  She your perfect target in fact.

But all of Trump's crimes and racist remarks are fine, right?  No outrage there?  All the people around him who have been implicated, some charged and sentenced.  No problemo, right?  No, you take a person like AOC and want to paint all anti-trump people with that brush. And it feels good because hey, beating up on women and minorities is fun anyway, so why not?  We get it.  We get it.

The good thing, however, is that you and a couple others hung on for a pretty lengthy time trying to play the "Im not a white nationalist, just a general conservative" card but you cant because the left combined with the deplorable actions of the guys you love make it too hard for you to keep up the facade.

People aren't objecting to you because they all love and support AOC or agree with every position.  Its that you're silly attacks are so transparent.  You're a white nationalist.  We get it.  Its gross, okay.  And you wont convince anyone to accept it.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

tumblr_o4vb0mMziM1qe6vjyo1_500.gif

7 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

0jVIGeU.gif?noredirect

UnsightlyBothBighornsheep-size_restricte

I thought the thread needed a little levity.  😁

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

2 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

tumblr_o4vb0mMziM1qe6vjyo1_500.gif

0jVIGeU.gif?noredirect

UnsightlyBothBighornsheep-size_restricte

I thought the thread needed a little levity.  😁

to be fair, its been pretty funny.  I mean aside from the obvious ramifications of being a white nationalist.  But generally pretty amusing.  A trump-ite demanding the truth about the left.  hahahah you can't make that up!

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

None of what you wrote has any validity at all here. 

yes, it has a lot actually.  That's your opinion though, and it doesn't mean very much.

Again, you're a smart guy but not nearly smart enough to try what you're trying.

I used to think that you were a smart guy, but to see you being pulled down into the Big Brother alt-left abyss has been somewhat terrifying.  And very disappointing.

But if you want to just take shots at me, thats cool.  98% of the people here see what you are so you're really just making my point (and many others' too).

LOL - call me a troll, say I am posting demeaning alt-right stuff, then cry about having shots taken at you.  This is propaganda 101 - accuse the other side of a transgression that you've already committed.

Funny how personally offended you get over a rookie politician's platform.

I'm not offended.  I just don't understand why a guy like Stephen Colbert would turn into a giant marshmellow when confronted with blatant lies.  I get why someone like Trevor Noah would though.

all you're doing is parroting the alt right message to attack her. 

no, I'm was just offering a different opinion when someone posted that she was "awesome".  She's not "awesome" at all.  It's just truth.  Dismissing truth as "alt-right" is just a cop-out to avoid critical thinking.

I get it, she's an easy target for the white nationalists since she's...well, young, inexperienced, female and black.  She your perfect target in fact.

LOL - this is just so pathetic.  She's an easy target because she makes herself an easy target.  Wandering around on the Hill looking for Mitch McConnell - just ridiculous.  Continuing to bring identity politics into this discussion just shows that you've lost the argument.

But all of Trump's crimes and racist remarks are fine, right?  No outrage there? 

I don't know what crimes he's committed, but I don't need to talk about the outrage against him.  You and your gang here have that covered.

People aren't objecting to you because they all love and support AOC or agree with every position. 

Yes, they are.  They blindly support her, and that just MAGA.

Its that you're silly attacks are so transparent.  You're a white nationalist.  We get it.

You say something this disgusting about me, and you want to claim that I am the one demeaning poeple?  Dude, you have a serious problem.  And you are getting way out of line.  Stop with the insults.  It's beneath you.

Its gross, okay.  And you wont convince anyone to accept it.

No, what's gross is calling people white nationalists.  You don't know me at all.  You don't even know what nationality I am, or where I came from.  You totally crossed the line, and for that I feel shame for you.  Extreme shame.

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

to be fair, its been pretty funny.  I mean aside from the obvious ramifications of being a white nationalist. 

I don't know what this means, but if I'm a white nationalist, then you are a white nationalist.

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

But generally pretty amusing.  A trump-ite demanding the truth about the left.  hahahah you can't make that up!

I am not a "Trump-ite", but it shouldn't be me demanding the truth from the Alt-left.  It should be you, and everyone else that has unwisely chosen to believe the flow of BS that feeds it.  Why aren't you demanding the truth? 

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

yes, it has a lot actually.  That's your opinion though, and it doesn't mean very much.

I used to think that you were a smart guy, but to see you being pulled down into the Big Brother alt-left abyss has been somewhat terrifying.  And very disappointing.

LOL - call me a troll, say I am posting demeaning alt-right stuff, then cry about having shots taken at you.  This is propaganda 101 - accuse the other side of a transgression that you've already committed.

I'm not offended.  I just don't understand why a guy like Stephen Colbert would turn into a giant marshmellow when confronted with blatant lies.  I get why someone like Trevor Noah would though.

no, I'm was just offering a different opinion when someone posted that she was "awesome".  She's not "awesome" at all.  It's just truth.  Dismissing truth as "alt-right" is just a cop-out to avoid critical thinking.

LOL - this is just so pathetic.  She's an easy target because she makes herself an easy target.  Wandering around on the Hill looking for Mitch McConnell - just ridiculous.  Continuing to bring identity politics into this discussion just shows that you've lost the argument.

I don't know what crimes he's committed, but I don't need to talk about the outrage against him.  You and your gang here have that covered.

Yes, they are.  They blindly support her, and that just MAGA.

You say something this disgusting about me, and you want to claim that I am the one demeaning poeple?  Dude, you have a serious problem.  And you are getting way out of line.  Stop with the insults.  It's beneath you.

No, what's gross is calling people white nationalists.  You don't know me at all.  You don't even know what nationality I am, or where I came from.  You totally crossed the line, and for that I feel shame for you.  Extreme shame.

God its like a badly written right wing manifesto.

14 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

this looks like a trap... i'm not going to touch this one...

Oh **** this.... Is it cuz he is not a 'merican? Cuz he looks like a 16 yr old boy? Cuz' he is a lightweight compared to his predecessor? 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

10 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

That sounds like something a white nationalist would say.

Huh?  You're baiting attempts arent even good.  Or clever.  So gross.

Serious suggestion, why not create a thread, you could call it "Left Wing Liberal Crazies" if you want to.  You can post your nonsense in there and then the rest of us of all political stripes can continue to discuss US politics here without wading through the irrelevant stuff you post?  And if there are any like-minded people, they can post in your thread. 

Serious suggestion, why not create a thread, you could call it "Left Wing Liberal Crazies" if you want to.  You can post your nonsense in there and then the rest of us of all political stripes can continue to discuss US politics here without wading through the irrelevant stuff you post?  And if there are any like-minded people, they can post in your thread. 

That is actually a great idea.

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Huh?  You're baiting attempts arent even good.  Or clever.  So gross.

The only one being gross, insulting, baiting, and silly, is you.  You chase away all discussion with these kinds of insults.  I don't even know what a "white nationalist" is, but the fact that you would even go there is just disgusting.  You should hang your head in shame.

Serious suggestion, why not create a thread, you could call it "Left Wing Liberal Crazies" if you want to. 

I think this could work, provided you do the same with the Right Wing Crazies.  Then this thread could be purified of the crap from both the "alt-right" and "alt-left".

You can post your nonsense in there and then the rest of us of all political stripes can continue to discuss US politics here without wading through the irrelevant stuff you post?

Right back at ya!

And if there are any like-minded people, they can post in your thread. 

Right back at ya!

5 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

That is actually a great idea.

I agree.  Everyone who wants to go into identity politics and jump on people with insults when confronted with a GASP!!! concept that maybe certain politicians on the Left aren't super-duper should have their own thread.  This would save a lot of time.

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Let’s be outraged at people feeling concern for a purported victim right? 

This is the real story. 

Not sure if those stats are real, but even if close to real, this really makes Jussie Smolletts look bad.  He really needs to be made an example of for what he did.

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I agree.  Everyone who wants to go into identity politics and jump on people with insults when confronted with a GASP!!! concept that maybe certain politicians on the Left aren't super-duper should have their own thread.  This would save a lot of time.

I thought you were smart enough to grasp this.  There have been many discussions in this thread that were not supportive of left wing politics.  There are only a few people who can't engage (or choose to not engage) in discussions in  a mature way.  Im sorry, you're one of them.  The point was for you to create an absurd thread for when you blow up minor things or express outrage in thinly veiled efforts to push a white nationalist agenda where other people could avoid them.  because they are irrelevant.

This thread should be for all discussions of US politics.  You rarely discuss US politics.  Thats the point.  While I am enjoying you getting angrier and angrier about my posts, its a waste of time.  Personally, if it was my forum, I wouldn't allow any semblance of white nationalism because we all know what it is.  But it isnt my board.  Im suggesting you start a thread for yourself and like minded people to discuss that gross ideology in peace while the rest of us discuss US politics in a mature way.