US Politics

Rich

They obviously thought Stone was a flight risk and someone who would destroy evidence, otherwise, like the others, he would have been allowed to turn himself in.

Now we're getting to the lowest of the scum. Next will be the Trumps. 

10 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Random thoughts:

-Trump has been strangely very quiet and twitter-free for the last 12 hours. Can't wait for that dam to break. Whatever your political bent or personal views, it is always "entertaining" when he tweets and the responses it generates.

-So, who is next on the indictment list? Bannon now seems squarely in the crosshairs, but what of Kushner and Don Jr.? Is Kellyanne just a lackey mouthpiece, or was she part of the mechanism? And does Ivanka get a pass? Given daddy's very creepy praise of her, I wonder if she's the one person he wouldn't throw under the bus and would sacrifice himself for? And, top dawg aside, does anyone have any personal "favorites" they'd like to see get arrested, for simply schadenfraude purposes?

-What's the next diversionary tactic, as asked before? Declaring an emergency to get wall funding would be a "win" for Donald in that he didn't back down and keeps his key campaign promise (notwithstanding those pesky "legal challenges", which will likely take away this avenue but let Trump play victim and save face with his base rather than caving), but I think he's more about chaos to deflect, rather than solutions, so he likes the shutdown noise and will keep it up, and scream about another deadly caravan coming our way, is my bet.

-Finally, let's just assume for a second Trump himself never colluded and he is telling the truth the whole time. The fact that pretty much  every person in his political campaign orbit has been indicted or implicated would mean that, if he wasn't involved, then he is the biggest stooge in history and has been played like a fiddle by those who put him in power to advance their own criminal agenda, and he was too blind and stupid to even see it happening. Is that possibility even more embarrassing to this egomaniac than being caught as the ringleader? Remember how he bristled when Hillary called him a "puppet" in the debates? I would love to see someone in the media take this slant with him and poke the bear with "too dumb to realize he was just a pawn in someone else's master plan", I don't think he could leave that accusation alone and would put his head further in the noose.  (Like Sideshow Bob incriminating himself when an 8 year old Lisa said he wasn't smart enough to pull off election fraud himself and was just a stooge for others, causing his ego to break and out himself as the mastermind - yes, I just equated the President to a cartoon villain on the Simpsons - the world we live in)

Some speculate Bannon is actually a cooperating witness and Mueller's ace.

17 hours ago, pigseye said:

So Trump might get his wall (barring legal challenges) and not have to give up anything in return, not a very good deal for the Democrats. This is make or break for Pelosi, probably time from some new blood in there anyways. 

You almost had it. 

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I love that the new narrative will be how did cnn know.  Ummmm cause they do their homework

This is all the rage on the right wing tweets. FBI colluding with CNN otherwise they wouldn't have been there, AND an armed assault on an old white man's house, clearly an abuse of power. Mueller must be fired and prosecuted as a deep state operative for such heavy-handed tactics meant to intimidate Trump witnesses.

OR

Maybe CNN just noticed the late afternoon special courtroom sitting on Thursday, and remembered that the last time this happened was the day indictments were drawn up and presented to the Grand Jury, and the next day Paul Manafort was arrested and charged (CNN actually put this out on their website Thursday afternoon before any news leaked or indictments came out, almost as if they knew what the counter-narrative from Fox and Friends would be, and thus created a paper trail of their investigative journalism to cover their bases and avoid the "fake news" label). So they picked out the most likely suspects for arrest and camped out overnight. Suspect that news crews were stationed at Bannon's, Kushner's, and Don Jr.'s places too.

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

11 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

This is all the rage on the right wing tweets. FBI colluding with CNN otherwise they wouldn't have been there, AND an armed assault on an old white man's house, clearly an abuse of power. Mueller must be fired and prosecuted as a deep state operative for such heavy-handed tactics meant to intimidate Trump witnesses.

OR

Maybe CNN just noticed the late afternoon special courtroom sitting on Thursday, and remembered that the last time this happened was the day indictments were drawn up and presented to the Grand Jury, and the next day Paul Manafort was arrested and charged (CNN actually put this out on their website Thursday afternoon before any news leaked or indictments came out, almost as if they knew what the counter-narrative from Fox and Friends would be, and thus created a paper trail of their investigative journalism to cover their bases and avoid the "fake news" label). So they picked out the most likely suspects for arrest and camped out overnight. Suspect that news crews were stationed at Bannon's, Kushner's, and Don Jr.'s places too.

Exactly what I was thinking. CNN is big enough to send a few crews out to monitor boots on the street. 

And, lets just say that someone in the FBI did tip off CNN, what does that have to do with the indictment of Stone? It's just Good'ol Boy Republicans trying change the story. A typical Trump move. 

Edited by JCon

Pelosi, asked how Trump will handle backdown on reopening government without wall money, gestures toward her office decorations: “we could plant these flowers along the border and he’d say, ‘I got my wall.’ “

— John Harwood (@JohnJHarwood) January 25, 2019

Pelosi OWNS Trump. His little hands must be shaking. 

18 hours ago, pigseye said:

So Trump might not get his wall (barring knowing legal challenges would block his "emergency" option anywaygive up and not have to give up anything in return, not a very good deal for the Democrats. This is make or break the art of the deal for Pelosi, probably time from some new blood in there anyways champagne

FIFY. Edits in italics mine to reflect reality.

1 minute ago, do or die said:

Wait 3 weeks

True enough. But his position doesn't get stronger. 

In fact, he's better off just making it an election issue. He can pump his fists and yell about brown people for the next two years. Every time a brown person gets a parking ticket, he can tweet about it. 

That is, of course, if he can run for president from jail.