US Politics

Rich

...Giuliani said in a statement Friday that "any suggestion — from any source — that the President counselled Michael Cohen to lie is categorically false." Source: CBC

So, is the over-under on this 2 weeks before Giuliani is on TV saying that it's not a crime for a sitting President to direct someone to lie to Congress? 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Feeling the heat. Needs a distraction. 

Trump is practicing the gesture of the empty hand- wherein something "big" is promised with great fanfare and then when nothing materializes, it is hoped that the hype will be remembered rather than the lie. Its worked for him with his rabid base so far.

6 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Looks like the Buzzfeed piece was not very accurate, although Buzzfeed seems to be standing by the story.

NBC News reported Ken Dilanian pointed out: “To be clear: Mueller is not disputing that Cohen says Trump told him to lie. He’s disputing the line about corroborating evidence taken from Trump Org emails, texts, etc. Still a huge deal. But not a total refutation. In fact, Cohen’s 11/30 memo says Trump directed him to lie.”

31 minutes ago, Tracker said:

NBC News reported Ken Dilanian pointed out: “To be clear: Mueller is not disputing that Cohen says Trump told him to lie. He’s disputing the line about corroborating evidence taken from Trump Org emails, texts, etc. Still a huge deal. But not a total refutation. In fact, Cohen’s 11/30 memo says Trump directed him to lie.”

So not exactly denying the story but rather the wording?

I’m assuming the strategy is that trump thinks it makes the shutdown the Dems’ now if they won’t negotiate his offer.  And will get them dems base to apply pressure to get DACA. 

but I don’t think that will work. It’s trumps base that will turn. 

Trump just offered a concession that Dems will keep now.  It’s like in sports when you offer to keep a salary cap and the league knows you’re desperate the accept that part but won’t budge on others.  

Trunp blinked. The great negotiator. 

29 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

I think Harris/O'Rourke would be really hard to defeat if she makes it through (and I hope she does).

They'd get hammered on lack of experience.  I could see one of them on the ticket though.  I prefer Harris over O'Rourke at this point but he ran a heck of a campaign in 2018.

26 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I would like a Warren/Booker ticket.

But I do like Beto,  but he needs to brush up on what his stances are on for those big platform planks. 

I'm a huge backer of Warren as well.  The Dems will have a lot of good choices.

13 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

They'd get hammered on lack of experience.  I could see one of them on the ticket though.  I prefer Harris over O'Rourke at this point but he ran a heck of a campaign in 2018.

They're not neophytes so I'm not sure how much that criticism will hold.  That bill checks a lot of boxes voter-wise, though.

Just now, Wideleft said:

They're not neophytes so I'm not sure how much that criticism will hold.  That bill checks a lot of boxes voter-wise, though.

I dont disagree and I think the Dems should not over-think it.  Dont buy into the idea Clinton ran a bad campaign.  She didn't.  She had so much working against her and still would have won.  They need to run a clean, but aggressive campaign on the issues that people care about.  Get all the left and moderates votes and they win easily.

Obama was criticized for lack of experience and he won.  Trump has no experience at all (although that might be an argument in favour of experience lol)