US Politics

Rich

He can't even keep his own BS straight from hour to hour

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/422329-trump-shutdown-moves-leaves-gop-senators-in-disbelief

Why are the good Republicans in disbelief?   Trump doesn't care about them.   Or anything else (like completely blindsiding his Sec. of D, Senate and America allies on Syria, last night)
Donald turned on Fox last nite, and saw himself getting blistered by everybody there..... along with the box barrage from the ole Freedom Caucus maniacs.....  about the "wall cave in."  Hence a zig instead of a zag.

Trump, his administration, and the Republican majority Senate.....simply have no clue and certainly no plan.  They have a sitting President and Senate....and they are going to shut themselves down!   Insane.

5 minutes ago, do or die said:

He can't even keep his own BS straight from hour to hour

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/422329-trump-shutdown-moves-leaves-gop-senators-in-disbelief

Why are the good Republicans in disbelief?   Trump doesn't care about them.   Or anything else (like completely blindsiding his Sec. of D, Senate and America allies on Syria, last night)
Donald turned on Fox last nite, and saw himself getting blistered by everybody there..... along with the box barrage from the ole Freedom Caucus maniacs.....  about the "wall cave in."  Hence a zig instead of a zag.

Trump, his administration, and the Republican majority Senate.....simply have no clue and certainly no plan.  They have a sitting President and Senate....and they are going to shut themselves down!   Insane.

Holy jeez... 

A quote from the article you posted:

Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), who is retiring in early January, started laughing when he was told of Trump's decision. 

"Well, why not?" he quipped, asked why he was laughing, adding that he was "not really" surprised by Trump's decision. 

"On this? I don't know. Y'all have fun. I'm getting ready to fly to Chattanooga.  ...[Leadership] has no guidance right now," Corker said, asked what happened next. "I think they're just sort of swirling around over there at the White House." 

Asked if he thought the continuing resolution (CR) could still be signed, Corker added that it's impossible to predict what Trump will do. 

"I don't know. ... Who knows. Does the person sitting behind him at the White House know? Who would know? Who would know," Corker said. "I love it, you can't make this stuff up." 

What a gong show! 

11 minutes ago, JCon said:

Holy jeez... 

A quote from the article you posted:

Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), who is retiring in early January, started laughing when he was told of Trump's decision. 

"Well, why not?" he quipped, asked why he was laughing, adding that he was "not really" surprised by Trump's decision. 

"On this? I don't know. Y'all have fun. I'm getting ready to fly to Chattanooga.  ...[Leadership] has no guidance right now," Corker said, asked what happened next. "I think they're just sort of swirling around over there at the White House." 

Asked if he thought the continuing resolution (CR) could still be signed, Corker added that it's impossible to predict what Trump will do. 

"I don't know. ... Who knows. Does the person sitting behind him at the White House know? Who would know? Who would know," Corker said. "I love it, you can't make this stuff up." 

What a gong show! 

That is some funny ****.

7 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Not really... Corker has been at odds with trump since day 1. same party (if you can believe trump is actually a republican) certainly not on the same side of many issues.

Corker votes with Trump 84% of the time. Just like Flake. says one thing and does another. 

1 minute ago, do or die said:

These folks who are always ranting and raving about the stupid wall.......should simply form a caravan and march down to the Mexican border.   Not sure what Mexicans would make of.... so many undesirable bad hombres threatening their border, though.....

Might be enough for them to build the wall afterall!

Modern American military leaders are

Unlike the ones from earlier days, who wanted to win and end wars. these guys love war, and don't like ending them.

They want to stay in every war zone, permanently. Been in Afghanistan for fifteen years. Accomplished nothing. Spent trillions. Thousands dead.

Good riddance.

Edited by Mark F

Can they just put off the vote til tomorrow?  Trump will be on vacation and forget all about it.

Seriously, we see Trump's strategy as the walls begin to close in. He's appealing more and more to his radical base.  Just wait til they come for him with handcuffs...Could we see a US President who actually flees and is held up in some foreign nation trying to avoid extradition? 

20 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Can they just put off the vote til tomorrow?  Trump will be on vacation and forget all about it.

Seriously, we see Trump's strategy as the walls begin to close in. He's appealing more and more to his radical base.  Just wait til they come for him with handcuffs...Could we see a US President who actually flees and is held up in some foreign nation trying to avoid extradition? 

Apparently, he's ditched the Mar A Lago plans. He's going to be super cranky when he can't golf.