US Politics

Rich

I will say this - if CNN wants to shed the "fake news" label, they need to stop booking these gasbag guests like KellyAnne for their "talking panels". Get back to actual news and enough with the circus sideshow confronting known liars for "entertainment" purposes. As deplorable as Trump has been in his media attacks, his foes in the fourth estate sure do nothing to help themselves when they engage in this kind of grandstanding.

14 minutes ago, do or die said:

I did not have sex with these women
I did not pay off these women
I did but my lawyer paid for it, out of his own pocket
We did pay them off, even though I never had sex with them
My lawyer went rogue, nothing to do with me
It's just a little crime

At some point Trump might even have a presser (though as a coward he'd probably send Rudy out to say this and then act like it was always the case) where he admits to nailing the women and wanting to spare his poor wife embarrassment.

His real plan is to beat the Statute of Limitations.  He's going to end up on trial for campaign finance violations (just like Edwards did) unless he makes a deal or beats the SoL.  If I recall, it runs out 2021 so if he wins the next election, he's off the finance violations.  if he loses, he's probably immediately charged.  

Ofcourse, that is unless there is political will to challenge the DOJ policy of not indicting a sitting President.  Which, to be honest, is pretty stupid.  You should be able to indict a President and I saw one Senator say, if the President's argument is an indictment makes it impossible to carry out his duties, then thats what the 25th Amendment is for.  He can step down temporarily until the issue is resolved.

50 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I will say this - if CNN wants to shed the "fake news" label, they need to stop booking these gasbag guests like KellyAnne for their "talking panels". Get back to actual news and enough with the circus sideshow confronting known liars for "entertainment" purposes. As deplorable as Trump has been in his media attacks, his foes in the fourth estate sure do nothing to help themselves when they engage in this kind of grandstanding.

CNN does it because they are trying to be fair and give time to the "other side".  Don Lemon and Cuomo had a discussion about this after Kellyanne's appearance last night. Don feels as you do that its a waste of time because Kellyanne just repeats the lies and essentially does propaganda work.  She doesnt have a good faith discussion about policy and issues.

I guess it depends on the strength of the host.  Cuomo is very good.  Don isnt as good although I like his show (he wears his emotions on his sleeve more than Cuomo).  

10 hours ago, do or die said:

Grossly unqualifiedConflict of interestQuestionable ethics?   You realize... this is the Trump administration we are talking about.

From his Secretary of Defense, to his NSA, to his spokespersons,  to his rest of that Cabinet.....just a abject and total gaggle of miscreants.....

I thought those were asset qualifications for position in the trump WH. 

1 hour ago, do or die said:

The new narrative is now it was.... a "process crime", you know, a crime that is actually not a crime - started by that famous legal mind, Hannity. 
But then again, the "truth is not the truth" (Giuliani) and you "can't believe what you see and hear" (Trump)

Too bad Conway couldn't sell her "alternative facts", last night.....

What a wacked out mob. 

Tremendous post. 

Once again- 

"This post would be ******* funny if it weren't so ******* scary true."

53 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The best thing to come of all of this might be for the public to wise up to all the **** rich people get away with and maybe we can see some crack down on white collar crime... who am I kidding, the Democrats are beholden to rich people who paid for them too. 

85% of that massive tax cut.....went to the top 1%.   The MAGA rubes, just haven't figured that out, yet.

3 minutes ago, do or die said:

85% of that massive tax cut.....went to the top 1%.   The MAGA rubes, just haven't figured that out, yet.

Yeah but there are more Dems that have missed out on the tax cuts so, still owning Libs! 

MAGA rubes are happy to lose jobs, healthcare and whatever else as long as Libs don't get anything either. It's the Republican way for the past 40 years. 

They're certain their trickle-down cheque is coming any day now. Any day... 

Edited by JCon

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

A sealed indicted would take care of any Statue of Limitations would it not?

Im no lawyer but yes.  I saw a little bit of chatter about that but not much.  I believe its been used before (I saw a L&O episode about it) where they had DNA of a rapist but no identity so they did a John Doe indictment to kill the Statute of Limitations issue.  It was based on a true story as I recall.

So they could.  I think the issue is the DOJ policy of not indicting a sitting President.  That's not supported by the Constitution at all so you'll see Dems who will want to challenge it.  But I would think a sealed indictment satisfies all issues.  But the DOJ has to allow it and if they feel an indictment, sealed or not, is not permissible, they wont.

20 minutes ago, do or die said:

KellyAnne tried to hang that around Cuomo's neck on CNN and he blew it off saying yeah of course I benefited from the Trump tax cut...thats the problem, its for people like me who do very well.