US Politics

Rich

So Trump is making his defense.  Cohen may have broken the law and he might even have done things at Trump's direction but Trump didnt direct him to break the law because he was ignorant of the law and relied on Cohen's expertise.  Its....something.  Im not sure ignorance of the law will work.  

My feeling is, Trump is essentially willing to admit he was in on it because of the tapes.  So he cant lie on that.  He known Cohen can testify that he was well aware of the legalities but he's betting there arent tapes.  Lie lie lie until they've got you.

Speaking of transparent and honest, I cant wait for Sanders to be re-asked that question she was asked some time ago "Were you lying to us or was Trump lying to you."  I want to see her wiggle her way out of that one.

9 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

His problem now isn’t people knowing he cheats on his wife. He probably likes that. It’s that they were crimes and he’s lied repeatedly. 

That's just it. He has caused more harm to himself by trying to bury it than he ever would have had the story leaked when it did. Given what people in his base have forgiven him for or overlooked as it pertains to his moral character, I believe this story would have been a drop in the bucket. But now he can actually be charged with a crime (in theory).

Speaking of Russian matters.....foxy Butina now has a tale to tell.....

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/421216-butina-pleads-guilty-to-acting-as-unregistered-russian-agen

Butina admitted in the District Court for the District of Columbia that she and an American, known in court documents as "U.S. Person 1," conspired with and acted under the direction of a Russian government official to establish unofficial lines of communications with people able to influence U.S. politics leading up to the 2016 presidential election. The government’s description of the Russian official matched the credentials of Alexander Torshin, deputy governor of the Russian Central Bank and former Russian senator who reportedly has close ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin and alleged ties to the Russian mob, according to Bloomberg.

In 2015, the government said she traveled to attend a “Gun Rights Organization convention,” which has been identified as the National Rifle Association convention, and invited powerful NRA members to Moscow to advance her agenda.During that December 2015 trip, the government said Gun Rights Organization members met with high-level Russian government officials, meetings that were arranged by Torshin

In addition to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in D.C., Butina has agreed to cooperate with other federal, state and local law enforcement authorities on “any and all matters the government deems the cooperation relevant,” accord to the plea deal. 

We may be finally getting to the bottom of the 30M that made its way from Russia, to the NRA....and somehow may of ended up with the Trump campaign. Also which senior Republicans got to play footsie with Butina.

:rolleyes:

Edited by do or die

46 minutes ago, do or die said:

Speaking of Russian matters.....foxy Butina now has a tale to tell.....

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/421216-butina-pleads-guilty-to-acting-as-unregistered-russian-agen

We may be finally getting to the bottom of the 30M that made its way from Russia, to the NRA....and somehow may of ended up with the Trump campaign. Also which senior Republicans got to play footsie with Butina.

:rolleyes:

I will demand Butina's face added to Rushmore if her testimony brings down the NRA.

Imagine if Butina and Trump hooked up.  hahaha

Edited by The Unknown Poster

At least the good people. on the other side ...namely Breitbart are standing tall.  Sample headlines:

Donald Trump Urges Democrats to Avoid Potential Partial Government Shutdown
’do what’s right for the American People’

…Sarah Sanders: Dems Have to Decide if They Love Country More Than They Hate Trump

Fox News Judge Napolitano Continues to Trash Trump with Inaccurate ‘Analysis’

Reports: Jared Kushner Possible Candidate for White House Chief of Staff

Nolte: Trump Tricks Chuck and Nancy into Owning Border Crisis During Oval Office Meeting

Congressman: 10 Terrorists, 40 Criminals Try to Enter — Daily!

2 minutes ago, do or die said:

I'm not sure if this is accurate (that he's being considered) but I have seen it reported in several places. Could be one person said it and reporters are just spreading that info. 

Anyhow... 

I can't even fathom what a cluster... that would be. Let's forget that Jared is grossly unqualified, his conflict of interest is unquestioned. The man couldn't even get security clearance to sit in on briefings. 

The guy has all the business acumen of his father-in-law. Buying up big pieces of real estate then going bankrupt. Only, he didn't bankrupt his dad's company, he just spent $1.8 Billion on a building right before the market crashed. Since then, they've basically been giving the building away just to keep up with the mortgage payments. 

His FIL must be proud. 

1 minute ago, do or die said:

Grossly unqualified?  Conflict of interest?  Questionable ethics?   You realize... this is the Trump administration we are talking about.

From his Secretary of Defense, to his NSA, to his spokespersons,  to his rest of that Cabinet.....just a abject and total gaggle of miscreants.....

Only the best he has 10 waiting for every position.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I'm not sure if this is accurate (that he's being considered) but I have seen it reported in several places. Could be one person said it and reporters are just spreading that info. 

Anyhow... 

I can't even fathom what a cluster... that would be. Let's forget that Jared is grossly unqualified, his conflict of interest is unquestioned. The man couldn't even get security clearance to sit in on briefings. 

The guy has all the business acumen of his father-in-law. Buying up big pieces of real estate then going bankrupt. Only, he didn't bankrupt his dad's company, he just spent $1.8 Billion on a building right before the market crashed. Since then, they've basically been giving the building away just to keep up with the mortgage payments. 

His FIL must be proud. 

How would he even do the job without too secret clearance? 

Well I guess with Kelly gone, trump would just give Jared a pass and increase his clearance. 

7 hours ago, do or die said:

Grossly unqualified?  Conflict of interest?  Questionable ethics?   You realize... this is the Trump administration we are talking about.

From his Secretary of Defense, to his NSA, to his spokespersons,  to his rest of that Cabinet.....just a abject and total gaggle of miscreants.....

True, those a features. 

The new narrative is now it was.... a "process crime", you know, a crime that is actually not a crime - started by that famous legal mind, Hannity. 
But then again, the "truth is not the truth" (Giuliani) and you "can't believe what you see and hear" (Trump)

Too bad Conway couldn't sell her "alternative facts", last night.....

What a wacked out mob. 

17 minutes ago, do or die said:

The new narrative is now it was.... a "process crime", you know, a crime that is actually not a crime - started by that famous legal mind, Hannity. 
But then again, the "truth is not the truth" (Giuliani) and you "can't believe what you see and hear" (Trump)

Too bad Conway couldn't sell her "alternative facts", last night.....

What a wacked out mob. 

Her debate with Cuomo was one of the most uncomfortable displays I've ever seen.  It didnt help that there was a half second delay between them but Conway was flat awful.  And she is REALLY good at her job.  When you get to the point where your best spindoctor has nothing, you're in trouble.