US Politics

Rich

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yes, that happens in no small part to a President who is an openly hostile, has numerous credible allegations of sexual assault & harassment, is a racist and misogynist and who seeks comfort from American's enemies while praising dictators and abusing his power.

Why anyone would support that administration is absurd.  And how people can defend it and defend the GOP while also lamenting the decline in America is laughable.

My hope is that the divide becomes so great in that country that they tear themselves apart, collapsing the world economy in the process and we all get to start all over again, with no debt. 

4 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I like CC, one of the view climate change people on the Repub side.

There is much to like about him, but he endorsed Trump which makes you have to consider his judgement.  The bridgegate incident was not good.  Plus, he vetoed a law on gay marriage so he's way behind the times (though oddly he admitted that people are born gay which sort of makes his opposition more offensive).  He's wishy washy on gun laws.  But tough on corruption (which should make him supportive of an independent special counsel).

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

There is much to like about him, but he endorsed Trump which makes you have to consider his judgement.  The bridgegate incident was not good.  Plus, he vetoed a law on gay marriage so he's way behind the times (though oddly he admitted that people are born gay which sort of makes his opposition more offensive).  He's wishy washy on gun laws.  But tough on corruption (which should make him supportive of an independent special counsel).

Tough on others corruption but not on his own. I don't think he would stand in Trump's way. He's spineless. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Tough on others corruption but not on his own. I don't think he would stand in Trump's way. He's spineless. 

I agree.  Trump has already gone on record, numerous times, with his opinion that the AG serves HIM, not the US and that he would not have appointed Sessions if he knew he'd recuse himself and appoint a Special Counsel.  He will appoint someone who will serve his interests and hamstring or fire Mueller.

The good news is, it sounds like Mueller is nearing the end game and working on his final report.  Trump might listen to his advisers who will say that firing Mueller now will be worse then letting him finish.  The problem is, that report goes to the AG and the AG decides what to do with it.

If its damning of Trump, it wont be released.  Im not sure if the House can demand it (or release it).  I would think so, but I dont know.  

22 minutes ago, pigseye said:

My hope is that the divide becomes so great in that country that they tear themselves apart, collapsing the world economy in the process and we all get to start all over again, with no debt. 

Considering our proximity to Murica, that'd likely not end well for us up here. That's a pretty grim "hope" to have.

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Merica has lots of problems.. Is Trump the biggest? I dunno.. 

Cuz once again for the first time in 12 days another mass shooting. 311 so far this year. Thats the biggest problem. 

White guys with guns. 

Might have something to do with the fact that whites are still 73% of the population, just saying. 

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Merica has lots of problems.. Is Trump the biggest? I dunno.. 

Cuz once again for the first time in 12 days another mass shooting. 311 so far this year. Thats the biggest problem. 

White guys with guns. 

There were 11 mass shootings between the synagogue shooting and the one in California.