US Politics

Rich

3 minutes ago, AtlanticRiderFan said:

If the Democrats win the House, their first order of business is to start impeachment proceedings against Trump. He would be furious at the results.

First will be to collect all the data and facts, then the impeachment process will begin. The Senate won't impeach Trump, though. 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

First will be to collect all the data and facts, then the impeachment process will begin. The Senate won't impeach Trump, though. 

Yeah, I doubt the Senate would impeach Trump. Still, Trump has admitted that a Democratic House will. He won't be in the least happy about it, even if its much ado about nothing.

Edited by AtlanticRiderFan

Forget about impeachment for now... concentrate on getting actual investigations going. Those senate investigations are a ******* sham and do nothing but embolden, enable and protect trump. Get that going first and see what a non-narrow in scope investigation looks like. 

The investigations where they say there is no collusion- of course there is no collusion, they admitted that they are not even investigating for collusion... assoles.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

The people that like Trump are not moved by facts, and they can change what they think at the drop of a hat.

I think there are some things that a fairly large majority of Americans agree on. That's what the Democrats should work on. 

Then, put up a very good candidate next time round, and vote Trump out .

Edited by Mark F

Trump has thrown a lot of House candidates over the side, ignoring the economic argument, and pumping up the racist, xenophobic fear factor.....just to pander to his base and prop up the Red firewall in the Senate.  
Be interesting to see exactly which House members go down.  Between that, and taking some expected hits in the Governorship's, as well.......  there will be plenty of unhappy Republicans tomorrow.  
Watching Trump take a victory lap, (as of course he will) over holding the Senate - and deflecting any blame.....will not make them any happier either.   The prospect of Mueller's report and the House Democrats with subpoena powers, will not ease their indigestion.....

Some of the things the Democrats may investigate in no particular order

• President Trump’s tax returns
  • Trump family businesses — and whether they comply with the Constitution's emoluments clause, including the Chinese trademark grant to the Trump Organization
  • Trump's dealings with Russia, including the president's preparation for his meeting with Vladimir Putin
  • The payment to Stephanie Clifford — a.k.a. Stormy Daniels
  • James Comey's firing
  • Trump's firing of U.S. attorneys
  • Trump's proposed transgender ban for the military
  • Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin's business dealings
  • White House staff's personal email use
  • Cabinet secretary travel, office expenses, and other misused perks
  • Discussion of classified information at Mar-a-Lago
  • Jared Kushner's ethics law compliance
  • Dismissal of members of the EPA board of scientific counselors
  • The travel ban
  • Family separation policy
  • Hurricane response in Puerto Rico
  • Election security and hacking attempts
  • White House security clearances

24 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Some of the things the Democrats may investigate in no particular order

• President Trump’s tax returns
  • Trump family businesses — and whether they comply with the Constitution's emoluments clause, including the Chinese trademark grant to the Trump Organization
  • Trump's dealings with Russia, including the president's preparation for his meeting with Vladimir Putin
  • The payment to Stephanie Clifford — a.k.a. Stormy Daniels
  • James Comey's firing
  • Trump's firing of U.S. attorneys
  • Trump's proposed transgender ban for the military
  • Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin's business dealings
  • White House staff's personal email use
  • Cabinet secretary travel, office expenses, and other misused perks
  • Discussion of classified information at Mar-a-Lago
  • Jared Kushner's ethics law compliance
  • Dismissal of members of the EPA board of scientific counselors
  • The travel ban
  • Family separation policy
  • Hurricane response in Puerto Rico
  • Election security and hacking attempts
  • White House security clearances

The Republicans themselves have outlined 100 or so investigations the Democrats could launch:  https://www.axios.com/2018-midterm-elections-republicans-preparation-investigations-180abf7b-0de8-4670-ae8a-2e6da123c584.html

LOL. If the Dems win they'll have all these investigations and of course find Trump guilty, and he'll be impeached. I just don't know why they would bother with investigations when apparently everyone is so sure.

And if they lose it's obviously because the whole election is rigged by the republicans. And the Russians, because of reasons.  You lefties are insane.

13 minutes ago, max power said:

LOL. If the Dems win they'll have all these investigations and of course find Trump guilty, and he'll be impeached. I just don't know why they would bother with investigations when apparently everyone is so sure.

And if they lose it's obviously because the whole election is rigged by the republicans. And the Russians, because of reasons.  You lefties are insane.

serious.gif

At the risk of taking the troll bait-

They want investigations. Maybe they will find him guilty, maybe not- that is why you have legit investigations. "Everyone is so sure" because there is a lot of evidence without even scratching the surface... one example: on obstruction of justice - he was filmed saying that he fired Comey because of the "Russia thing". 

Gerrymandering, voter suppression and outright fabrication of conspiracies. Just look at the Brian Kemp election in Georgia... That is as rigged as it gets.... 

Russians? every intelligence agency friendly to the US supports the fact that the russians interfered and are doing it again...

If the lefties are insane when it comes to these issues... then the righties are blind and brazenly stupid when it comes to these issues...   

1 hour ago, max power said:

Never let facts get in the way of a good insult.  

The house can impeach him. And the senate won’t Convict unless the gop turns on him. Which they won’t do as long as the gop support is connected to the trump base. 

But if impeached trump would have to make a decision about fighting it on the senate where he’d have to testify under oath and answer questions truthfully. He may not want to. 

But Congress is partisan. The real focus is the meuller investigation.  Dems winning tonight offers a bit of protection.  

It ain't easy being a lefty!  I could use a couple extra hands here -- it's hard to endorse my Soros cheques at the same time I'm swinging my antifa hockey stick and drying my snowflake tears...

Hopefully the commies will set up some genetic engineering programs.