US Politics

Rich

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I understand, but you were talking about the allegations and then segued into lies from media. 

Just to clarify, who is lying about what?

It's just the usual, "why didn't she come forward before argument" that's completely horrendous. 

Anyone that comes forward, at any point, gets ripped up by the media and the right. You know it and they pretend not to. They attack them, so that they won't come forward. 

It's all deflection and whataboutism. Status quo. 

29 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Well next time if you want to be clearer in your post, try using paragraphs- then you won't have wankers like me asking for clarification.  😁

I don't know how it can't be any clearer.  When it comes to lying I'm talking media, special interests, politicians & political parties. Doesn't matter what side you're on, they all lie. 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't know how it can't be any clearer.  When it comes to lying I'm talking media, special interests, politicians & political parties. Doesn't matter what side you're on, they all lie. 

Yeah, pretty much- I totally agree with you. I was just wondering how you jumped from the allegation to the lies is all. 

6 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yeah, pretty much- I totally agree with you. I was just wondering how you jumped from the allegation to the lies is all. 

Someone from the #MeToo Movement was able to dig up dirt on the guy from 38 years ago just as the confirmation hearings are going on so it reeks. At least to me.  And I'm no supporter of ultra right wing conservative judges that Trump appoints. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

19 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Someone from the #MeToo Movement was able to dig up dirt on the guy from 38 years ago just as the confirmation hearings are going on so it reeks. At least to me.  And I'm no supporter of ultra right wing conservative judges that Trump appoints. 

So you’re saying it doesn’t matter if he did it, the fact it was years ago and was “dug up”, makes it stink and thus it shouldn’t matter?

well it wasn’t dug up.  The victim first came forward anonymously in July. She has since waived her anonymity and provided details.  She disclosed to a therapist several years ago. Her husband backs up her claim that it was Kavanaugh. 

The therapist notes don’t mention him but does detail the allegations as disclosed years ago. So was the victim able to predict the future?  

I agree all allegations need to be vetted but on its face the allegation is very serious and deserves to be taken seriously. 

Interestingly Kavanaugh denies it and yet somehow had statements from 65 women claiming he’s never done anything like that.   I don’t know about anyone else but I don’t carry around statements from women from my school saying I never attacked them just in case someone says I did 

that would seem to indicate he was aware of a potential allegation.   Interesting....

Edited by The Unknown Poster

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sixty five women? What else could it be? But of course, we just don't know, do we?

Its 65 women saying he's always been a perfect gentleman, not 65 women accusing him of assault.

But that goes back to what TUP said... he knew this could be an issue so he went out ahead of time and rounded up a bunch of women who would speak glowingly about him.

Just now, bigg jay said:

Its 65 women saying he's always been a perfect gentleman, not 65 women accusing him of assault.

But that goes back to what TUP said... he knew this could be an issue so he went out ahead of time and rounded up a bunch of women who would speak glowingly about him.

okay thanks for clearing that up.

The victim also took and passed a polygraph test. Of course it’s inadmissable. But I wonder if Kavanaugh would be willing to take one. 

Hes toast. Well he should be but since it’s the new GOP where a serial sexual harrasser is President, this probably just makes Kavanaugh more popular with the base. 

21 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Kavanaugh denies the event ever happened and claims he does not know this person, well this could be an interesting week if the woman in question testifies

Looking like a he said/she said right now.  But in many ways, the victim has better credibility at this point.  If the 65 women from his high school DO distance themselves, he's got a problem.  His best witness, his buddy who was there, has deleted his twitter.  He has made some less then helpful public remarks about "male passion" etc...he wont be a good witness. 

The fact the victim is seemingly a respected professional person lends to her credibility.  That she disclosed this years ago to her husband and therapist certainly adds to her credibility.  Her willingness to come forward is her greatest strength because she is going to be beat up beyond belief.  If one more person comes forward with an allegation against Kavanaugh, Im not sure how he survives.

White House position is interesting, with Kelly Anne doing the media rounds saying she supports the victim and wants her to be heard but saying it should be taken along with the "character" of Kav...among other platitudes.  Of course, as soon as Trump is asked, he'll blow it all up Im sure.

Either way, even the Right should be agree that with Trump under criminal investigation, being named an a co-conspirator, with at least 17 credible allegations of his own sexual wrong doing and now this allegation, at the very least the confirmation should be postponed until after the mid-terms.  In fact, it might help the GOP to do just that.  They will still control Senate anyway...but trying to ram this through will only serve as yet another rallying cry for Dems, especially the ones that seem to be gaining the most ground - women.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

3 hours ago, bustamente said:

Kavanaugh denies the event ever happened and claims he does not know this person, well this could be an interesting week if the woman in question testifies

If the Republicans....who are desperately trying to hustle Kavanaugh's confirmation through, before the midterms.....are going to allow it.