US Politics

Rich

49 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Not going to defend what Trump is doing, he's a heartless SOB but this history lesson is a good read for all

https://splinternews.com/here-are-some-of-the-democrats-who-paved-the-way-for-th-1826963453

Actually nothing in that article indicates the Dems paved the way for this at all.  It is, was and always will be a noose around the necks of Trump and his evil racist regime that made the conscious choice to enact this policy for political reasons.  Its a pretty transparent effort to hang something...anything...on the Dems.  This isnt a debate about which side deported more people or let more people in.  Its just about holding terrified children hostage as political currency.  No "but..." should ever follow condemnation of that.

21 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Trump confirms days of lies by him and his regime, reverses course on separating children.  Gee, I thought it was the Dems who could only stop this?

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/immigration-border-children-separation/h_736e0a322bf643474f887e8077d1454b

So he caved to public pressure after all, maybe he isn't such a dictator after all?

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

Do I have it wrong or do the Republicans and their supporters have some of the most disgusting, vile, unfeeling people in the world, I cant believe that the general public even Republican voters can back the actions and words of these people.

Most voters don't vote with their heart, they vote with their wallet. The corporate ladder is full of trampled corpses. 

7 minutes ago, pigseye said:

So he caved to public pressure after all, maybe he isn't such a dictator after all?

If he admits he lied and was wrong. But he wont. And he tested how far he could push his racist policies. It will be easier next time. 

I assume he caved to backlash from his party which I suppose is something.   The fact he relented to pressure and not to the fact the policy was horrific is bad. 

1 hour ago, do or die said:

Suspect that a lot of Senators and Congressmen and women, who won't speak out publicly.....had plenty to say about it, behind closed doors.   

This is totally what it was, he was risking losing the backing of a lot of republican congressmen and senators who aren't soulless monsters and he figured he better not choose this as the hill to die on. 

11 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Children already separated from their parents will not be reunited with them as they are now considered to be “unaccompanied minors’.

This is disturbing.

Someone must force them to reveal where these children are, and force their return to their families.

If Trump, Sessions, Nielsen  have lost these children, ............ don't know what to say.

41 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Someone must force them to reveal where these children are, and force their return to their families.

The saddest part of this all is that it might be impossible to re-unite some of these children with their parents. Do we really expect that they kept good enough documentation to match people up? or do they know where their parents are? It's a god damned travesty all because so much of American is afraid of people with a darker skin colour. 

51 minutes ago, Mark F said:

This is disturbing.

If Trump, Sessions, Nielsen  have lost these children, ............ don't know what to say.

I think there will be some court challenges.  Michael Avanatti is representing some of these people. 

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

People know that this zero policy rule was implemented by Republican Jeff Sessions in April of this year right? 

People know that Sessions was in such a hurry to deal with this issue,....that forced separations, were taking place 2 months BEFORE the rule was implemented

41 minutes ago, do or die said:

Avenatti is an grand stander and attention hog.  That said, most of his predictions have come to pass......

I dont know if I'd say that.  Of course, he's an attorney and his job is to generate billable hours.  He's very good at stating his case and while there is in-direct benefit from high profile cases, he's got to be doing a lot of work pro bono.  Getting past the idea that all lawyers are in it for their own benefit, he's on the right side of the issues and working hard for his clients.

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

Whatever the reason, Aventatti is doing very good things.

We know what would happen to him in the Trump and  the US right's favourite strongman Putin's domain.

raise a glass to Avenatti's continuing good health.

If I was him I wouldn't stand on a balcony or open window in a high rise.