US Politics

Rich

Just now, pigseye said:

Just saying, but children are ripped from their parents everyday in the USA and Canada, not sure what makes this any different? The parents broke the law, any parents that break the law, if severe enough, would lose their children to foster care.

But seriously, whites are becoming a minority in the USA and it scares the crap out of them. They see this as their last hope to hang onto any sort of elected government. Any minority would react the same way. Not that I agree with but if you stood to lose everything you might react the same way too. 

Some of the families being separated at the border are asylum seekers.  That's not a crime and no laws were broken by them.  Yet they suffer the same fate as the rest.  Still evil.  And it's being done partly to be used as a bargaining chip to get Trump his wall.  Again evil.

What do they stand to lose?  Last I checked if a Honduran family moved in beside me and a Mexican guy was hired at my workplace it wouldn't take away anything from me anymore than if it was a white dude or a white family that moved in.  Fundamentally people are people.  Work a job, pay the bills, take care of your kids, cheer on the local sports team, etc.  I think those scared white folk you talk about need to leave the gated neighborhood or farming community every once in a while and see that for themselves. 

Just now, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

Some of the families being separated at the border are asylum seekers.  That's not a crime and no laws were broken by them.  Yet they suffer the same fate as the rest.  Still evil.  And it's being done partly to be used as a bargaining chip to get Trump his wall.  Again evil.

What do they stand to lose?  Last I checked if a Honduran family moved in beside me and a Mexican guy was hired at my workplace it wouldn't take away anything from me anymore than if it was a white dude or a white family that moved in.  Fundamentally people are people.  Work a job, pay the bills, take care of your kids, cheer on the local sports team, etc.  I think those scared white folk you talk about need to leave the gated neighborhood or farming community every once in a while and see that for themselves. 

- asylum seekers or not, they have to cross at a point entry, what I have read is that they didn't do this which is why Trump can use the policy;

- of course it is a political maneuver, he wants his immigration bill, he campaigned on it and got elected on it, his base wants it too;

- it's so ingrained in those folks that you aren't going to change their minds, you just have to wait for them to die. 

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

- asylum seekers or not, they have to cross at a point entry, what I have read is that they didn't do this which is why Trump can use the policy;

Asylum seekers who are presenting themselves at border points are still having their children taken from them. 

BTW, entering the US illegally is a misdemeanor. People shouldn't be having their kids ripped from their arms and sent to detention camps over a misdemeanor. 

36 minutes ago, pigseye said:

- of course it is a political maneuver, he wants his immigration bill, he campaigned on it and got elected on it, his base wants it too;

- it's so ingrained in those folks that you aren't going to change their minds, you just have to wait for them to die. 

I've read that it hasn't mattered whether the asylum seekers are crossing at a proper point entry or not, thanks to Sessions' zero tolerance proclamation separation has become standard procedure for everyone.  No matter how the Trump Administration tries to justify it, the visuals of cages and screaming children being dragged from their parents possibly never to be seen again (are they even keeping records of these people?) is just an awful look in general for the U.S. 

"it's so ingrained in those folks that you aren't going to change their minds, you just have to wait for them to die."

I think you're right about that.  Some people just can't move forward or even bring themselves to try. 

A while back me and my family were on a weeklong bus tour of western Europe.  It was a mix of Canadians, Americans and some Europeans.  There was one older American couple, gated community types from Ohio, on the trip.  On our stop in Paris we had a guided tour in the morning of the Eiffel Tower and then had the rest of the day to explore on our own or go see a show or something else arranged by the tour.  My family and I chose to do our own thing since we're comfortable traveling and figured it would be fun to figure out the Metro and inflict my terrible high school french on the locals.  For some reason this older couple joined us so we went for lunch at some local restaurant.  We had a fun time trying to decipher the menu (once again our french sucked) but the waitress was helpful and patient.  The French have a bit of a reputation for rudeness to tourists but we found if you at least tried the locals were great to us.  But this couple just clammed up, complained about the lack of english on the menu and from our server (who didn't really speak english) and just wouldn't engage.  We literally had to order for them something we figured wouldn't be too offensive to their delicate palates. So we got through lunch and the couple stuck with us for a bit before pleading exhaustion and returning to the hotel.  We didn't really deal much with them for the rest of the tour.  I think they avoided us lol.

I think about that couple every once in a while.  At the time I scoffed at them thinking them to be typical arrogant Yankees wanting everything to be 'Murican wherever they go.  Now I figure they had recently retired and wanted to travel a bit (or had been gifted a trip from the kids) and see the usual sites and take a pic or two of famous sites that they could frame and hang on the wall.  Maybe buy a trinket or two for the grandkids back home.  Nothing wrong with that.  They had no interest in the actual Europeans though, or the food or the culture.  Just the sites that they could point to when they were safely back in Ohio.  Look the Eiffel Tower!  The Louvre has nice paintings!  Amsterdam has windmills!  They serve Budweiser!  Again nothing inherently wrong with this but odds are if you're grumbling and shaking your head at a menu in Paris you're probably the same way when you get dragged out to your local Mexican joint in Columbus Ohio.

It's people like this that are a problem.  Scared of change or new things.  Isolated and happy to be isolated.  Pine for the "good old days".  And they vote every time there's an election.  As you say you gotta wait out people like this. 

11 hours ago, pigseye said:

Just saying, but children are ripped from their parents everyday in the USA and Canada, not sure what makes this any different? The parents broke the law, any parents that break the law, if severe enough, would lose their children to foster care.

But seriously, whites are becoming a minority in the USA and it scares the crap out of them. They see this as their last hope to hang onto any sort of elected government. Any minority would react the same way. Not that I agree with but if you stood to lose everything you might react the same way too. 

That’s your justification for terrorizing and abusing children as a matter of policy for the stated goal of holding them as political hostages?  

What a sad commentary. 

11 hours ago, pigseye said:

First of all, if we're defending the practice of taking children away and locking them in cages, what else will we defend.  This is what Trump and his cronies want people to accept, that its all or none.  It's either Open Borders or take kids away.  Its simply not true.  If you admit its a political maneuver, you're admitting they are abusing and terrorizing children for political gain.  There should not be a "but..." after that.  It should be over.  The most hard-nosed Trump supporter should be disgusted.

By the way, there is a massive wait at Ports of Entry with no effort to provide needed resources.  So they in essence, make it almost impossible to present yourself at a Port of Entry so that they can then claim you're illegal and do whatever they want.

10 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Asylum seekers who are presenting themselves at border points are still having their children taken from them. 

BTW, entering the US illegally is a misdemeanor. People shouldn't be having their kids ripped from their arms and sent to detention camps over a misdemeanor. 

Yup and you know what else is a misdemeanor?  Trespassing.  Vandalism.  Public intoxication.  So imagine you're at the Jets White Out party and you're pretty hammered.  Cops come along and arrest you...and take your kids away and lock them in a cage somewhere.  Or, you get pulled over for a traffic violation and they hand you a ticket and yank your kids out of the back seat. 

This idea that "hey they committed a crime so too bad" is so gross.  This isnt supposed to happen in our society.  They have created a legal scenario to justify their treatment of children. 

10 hours ago, johnzo said:

you really think that becoming a minority in the USA is "losing everything?"

White people feeling they are losing everything when the Mexicans move in down the street.  We used to call that racism. 

And lets not forget the key thing here, its not a law.  Its a Trump policy.  Created for no other reason to treat the "animals" the way Trump and his evil regime feel they deserve to be treated and if the bleeding hearts dont like it, they will be held hostage and forced to give in on tough immigration to change.  Its pure evil.  The language used to describe immigrants as "infesting" the US. 

The director of ICE tripped all over himself trying to justify this as "law" then admitted they have discretion, then said they dont because it's "law" but wouldnt answer about the policy change in April.  Its disgusting.  Its not about the politics of immigration or the legalities of asylum seekers.  Its about taking children from parents and putting them in cages and letting them be absolutely horrified and terrified and the "womp womp" sad trombone response of Trump-ites tells you all you need to know.

The sitting president yesterday deployed eliminationist rhetoric against immigrants and asylum seekers on the southern border, describing them as an infestation. 

New Yorker's Jane Mayer cautioned, "before the Rwandan genocide, the perpetrators used mass media to define the future victims as 'cockroaches.'"

Author David Neiwert reminded Twitter users, "Eliminationism is the belief that one's political opponents, or the object of their political ire are a cancer on the body politic that must be excised, either by separation from the public at large, through expulsion or outright extermination, to protect the nation's purity."

Hitler and his Nazis said, (and modern day Nazis still say) Jews, and others, are a disease. Subhumans. An word, (I just read) that interestingly originated in the USA in 1922. John Stoddard

"Stoddard authored many books, most of them related to race and civilization. He wrote primarily on the alleged dangers posed by "colored" peoples to white civilization. The cardinal point in our immigration policy should, therefore, be to allow no further diminution of the North European element in America's racial make-up.

Interesting to read his wiki page. lost influence after ww2. lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lothrop_Stoddard

Edited by Mark F

June 07, 2018 06:03 PM

Updated June 08, 2018 02:02 PM

He’s a Republican, of course.

Meaning South Dakota state Rep. Michael Clark. On Monday, Clark, being presumably of sound mind and body, suggested on Facebook that maybe racial segregation wouldn’t be such a bad idea. A businessman, he wrote, “should have the opportunity to run his business the way he wants. If he wants to turn away people of color, that’s his choice.”

5 minutes ago, Mark F said:

What.  The.  ****.

Again, Trump supporters, you can glow about the economy all you want to, at what price. This is the new norm  There was a poll where a majority of Republican voters would support Trump cancelling the next election if it was in the best interests of the country.  I wonder, historians help me out, at what point did German people and others realize their nation had been siezed and corrupted?  At what point did they realize they were heading down the slippery slope towards a vile, evil dictatorship.

We say it cant happen in America in modern times.  Why not? 

Democracies are the enemy,  Government institutions are the enemy.  Immigrants are the enemy.   Totalitarians are their friends.  Allies not needed or required. Alternative facts only. 

Some one should make a movie.   In the meantime, we will have to settle for this grotesque reality show.......

29 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Trump is well on his way to torpedoing the economy anyway.

His adviser Bannon actually said in an interview that Bannon's goal, is to collapse the system. 

Trump said something similar, that the economy needs to be destroyed.

"“You know what solves it?” Trump said of America’s alleged troubles during a 2014 interview. “When the economy crashes, when the country goes to total hell and everything is a disaster. Then you’ll have a [chuckles], you know, you’ll have riots to go back to where we used to be when we were great.

One year and a few months of Trump, and this is well underway.

Trump has discovered the extraordinary power of the office of President, and he's plunging ahead with his wack job ideas.

Loudly Cheered on by scum of every type and position.

A man who can't read one paragraph of a briefing, who disdains informed advice, who  relies entirely on his warped instincts. 

If it wasn't happening, nobody would believe it was possible.

Edited by Mark F

And now Trump says he will soon sign an EO to deal with this issue.  So let me get this straight, this guy made a policy change in April to terrorize children for political gain, cant stomach the push back and will use an EO to grandstand about how the Dems made a law to cage children and he, out of the goodness of his heart, is fixing it.

Firstly, he didnt need an EO to do this and doesnt need an EO to fix it.

Secondly, there was no law and the Dems (and Bush) didnt do this.

Thirdly all those Trump acolytes that have been making the rounds defending the separation of children will now pretend they never said it and herald Trump as a hero.  You cant have it both ways.

They successfully moved the line further in the direction of eroding human rights and morality.  It will be easier next time...