US Politics

Rich

45 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Do you ever actually comment on the topic at hand?  Are posts like this actually necessary?  I'm just curious.   If you really want to attack me with these kinds of posts, why not just inbox me, rather than putting this on the actual thread? What is it that you want to accomplish with this post exactly?  I am asking because Rich asked us to be civil, and here I am trying so hard, and am just getting posts like this as a response.  Shame on you guys.  This is really sad.

To highlight your lack of self-awareness. I felt that was obvious. I'll add an lol to your mock outrage now as well.

I find your behaviour in political threads to be ridiculous, but I will attempt to convey that through pms only going forward.

Maybe we can't truly judge Trump until he officially takes power Jan 20 and puts his words to action. For now we can only go on his words, appointments to his cabinet and his (ugh) tweets. 

So far all of it looks pretty bad. The blatant conflict of interests in his appointments, the childish tweets that now have very real consequences to his targets (that union guy to Boeing's stock falling being just a couple of examples), his refusal to give up control of his businesses when he takes office, and the backpedaling even outright repudiation of many of his campaign promises, just to name a few.

Oh yeah, that whole thing where the Russians messed with the election to Trump's advantage. Obama is initiating an investigation. Trump's response is to whine at the CIA on twitter, when he's not bitching about SNL of course.

All this worries me. Because this guy will be running our biggest trading partner and neighbour. What he does will affect us. And going by his track record so far I'm doubtful it will go well for us. We shall see I suppose.

1 hour ago, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

Maybe we can't truly judge Trump until he officially takes power Jan 20 and puts his words to action. For now we can only go on his words, appointments to his cabinet and his (ugh) tweets. 

So far all of it looks pretty bad. The blatant conflict of interests in his appointments, the childish tweets that now have very real consequences to his targets (that union guy to Boeing's stock falling being just a couple of examples), his refusal to give up control of his businesses when he takes office, and the backpedaling even outright repudiation of many of his campaign promises, just to name a few.

Oh yeah, that whole thing where the Russians messed with the election to Trump's advantage. Obama is initiating an investigation. Trump's response is to whine at the CIA on twitter, when he's not bitching about SNL of course.

All this worries me. Because this guy will be running our biggest trading partner and neighbour. What he does will affect us. And going by his track record so far I'm doubtful it will go well for us. We shall see I suppose.

Those are valid concerns and I can see what you are saying.  I also am not wild about Steve Bannon being part of the Trump team.  I would add to your list above the fact that Trump doesn't appear very interested in intelligence briefings, which would indicate he's not really taking the job of being president very seriously.  In fact it would appear that he's ok with Pence doing the day to day stuff, and Trump will just sit back and make decisions when called upon.  Kind of like how he runs his businesses, I would guess.

It also appears like he isn't going to sit back and allow China to get away with all of the blatant corporate theft and bullying anymore either.  The Chinese are pretty cheesed right now with Trump's Taiwan statements, and maybe its time they were served notice that there's a new sheriff in town, that isn't going to just let China push everyone around.  Trade with China has been so completely one-sided and something has to give somewhere.  It will be interesting to see how that dynamic plays out.

That all being said, Trump's victory is unprecedented.  Never before, has someone like this been elected.  It's going to take time to figure things out.  I am cautiously optimistic, only because up until now everyone, and I mean everyone, has totally underestimated Trump at every turn.  And he's somehow made them all look foolish.  I am hopeful he is going to do that again.

OH my, the Russian conspiracy is just the latest in the left's desperate, sad attempts to avoid the reality that the American people said 'no' to the political status quo candidate.

First it was racists voted Trump in, then it was the electoral college system's fault, then it was 'fake news' was the problem, then it was southern whites again, and now its Putin's fault.

Want to know why Trump was elected?  People are tired of being told how stupid or evil they are and also they're tired of the left's rampant hypocrisy.

1 hour ago, basslicker said:

First it was racists voted Trump in, then it was the electoral college system's fault, then it was 'fake news' was the problem, then it was southern whites again, and now its Putin's fault.

To dismiss all the above as having no bearing on the election is just plain ignorant. All the above played a part in his election. 

Yes- many people voted for the brick through the Window of the establishment, there is no disputing that. What is going to be ******* fascinating and scary to watch unfold, is what the brick thrower's reaction when they realize that many family, friends and people close to them are actually behind that glass and the fallout is going to be epic.

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

What is going to be ******* fascinating and scary to watch unfold,

Less fascinating, and mostly scary and sad.

And It's going to get uglier down there. And that will not be good for us either.

Too bad, cause the polling showed Sanders beating Trump handily, but the corrupt Democrats preferred losing to Trump, with Clinton, to winning with Sanders.

Universal Health care? Can't have that in the USA.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Universal Health care? Can't have that in the USA.

What they have now isn't working.  And I'm just basing that on many angry Americans I have talked to, who think Obama-care could have been so much better if it hadn't been introduced by incompetent DNC-appointed bureaucrats.  I have some hope that Trump will find a way to make their health care better.  Everyone has under-estimated him so much that he couldn't do much worse than what is already expected of him.

10 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

What they have now isn't working.  And I'm just basing that on many angry Americans I have talked to, who think Obama-care could have been so much better if it hadn't been introduced by incompetent DNC-appointed bureaucrats.  I have some hope that Trump will find a way to make their health care better.  Everyone has under-estimated him so much that he couldn't do much worse than what is already expected of him.

Obama care suffered greatly and became a bastardized version of health care when Obama, under pressure from the insurance lobby to drop the government provided insurer... now it just a license for the insurance business to print money. If they had a government insurance provider... Obamacare would have flourished. 

**** Trump- all you have to do is look at his appointments and see he is basically hiring people that will destroy their respective agencies... brick through window indeed. The next four years is going to be about making Trump making himself richer and more powerful- everything else is just a by-product of Trump getting richer. 

11 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Obama care suffered greatly and became a bastardized version of health care when Obama, under pressure from the insurance lobby to drop the government provided insurer.

Correct, except that I doubt that he caved. I don't think he ever planned to include it.

"Obamacare" is not in any sense Publicly provided universal public healthcare .

Thing is, with the whole Russian thing, if, IF IF IF there is evidence to suggest that perhaps they did mess around with the election a wee bit, wouldn't people, regardless of who you preferred to win, want to know that they did? This isn't about Dems vs Republicans, this is about the possibility that another country basically screwed you over. 

Is that the point people are missing here? Yeah, maybe the Russians didn't do anything but WHAT IF they actually did influence the results significantly? Then what? 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Thing is, with the whole Russian thing, if, IF IF IF there is evidence to suggest that perhaps they did mess around with the election a wee bit, wouldn't people, regardless of who you preferred to win, want to know that they did? This isn't about Dems vs Republicans, this is about the possibility that another country basically screwed you over. 

Is that the point people are missing here? Yeah, maybe the Russians didn't do anything but WHAT IF they actually did influence the results significantly? Then what? 

its the sore winner thing.  Ofcourse, Trump and his supporters should want to know.  And if Hilary had won, you can bet Trump would be screaming to high hell about it.  But the Trumpites can bury their heads back in the sand and pretend it doesn't matter.

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

So because the White House was wrong, they shouldnt care?  Oh wait, no I get it.  Trumpers only care when its about him losing, not winning.

The CIA was acting on it, but unlike Guiliani's stooges in the FBI, they didn't want to put anything out that might influence the election until they could prove it.

Edited by sweep the leg

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

The CIA was acting on it, but unlike Guiliani's stooges in the FBI, they didn't want to put anything out that might influence the election until they could prove it.

It was also very important during the election not to fall for Trump's "its rigged so why bother voting" rhetoric that he hoped would dissuade people to vote for Hilary.  Its the same with the vote recounts.  if its close, why not recount?  What can possibly be lost by recounting?  Get it right.  Trump would demonstrate more leadership if he wanted to get it right, rather then just win.