MOS Bringing the gang all back

rebusrankin

The talent on D was let down by the coaching.  I saw Lawless subtly mentioning they can do better than Hall, that was a couple of weeks ago so I expect this to become a story as the off-season progresses.  if Lawless was talking about it, he got it from somewhere.  If they retain Hall, he will be the first one canned if the D doesnt improve quickly.

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The talent on D was let down by the coaching.  I saw Lawless subtly mentioning they can do better than Hall, that was a couple of weeks ago so I expect this to become a story as the off-season progresses.  if Lawless was talking about it, he got it from somewhere.  If they retain Hall, he will be the first one canned if the D doesnt improve quickly.

I honestly can't see how they would improve quickly.  Hall has coached the same type of defense his entire career.  I'm not sure he is capable of making changes to his schemes... If he is, why hasn't he?

Just now, BomberBall said:

I honestly can't see how they would improve quickly.  Hall has coached the same type of defense his entire career.  I'm not sure he is capable of making changes to his schemes... If he is, why hasn't he?

I can only imagine that he sees the writing on the wall and makes some adjustments or MOS gets more involved.  More likely, nothing changes.  Maybe nothing changes all season.  But I just thought it was interesting that Lawless planted the seed that the Bombers can do better than Hall...makes me wonder if that's the opinion of Miller.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I can only imagine that he sees the writing on the wall and makes some adjustments or MOS gets more involved.  More likely, nothing changes.  Maybe nothing changes all season.  But I just thought it was interesting that Lawless planted the seed that the Bombers can do better than Hall...makes me wonder if that's the opinion of Miller.

Hard to say what might have prompted Lawless to make the comment.... I wouldn't be surprised if Miller and Walters are wanting things to change on D.  Hopefully they'll take a good long look a it.

Lawless had mentioned during the season that before Greg Knox had left they were trying to groom him to be next DC and that he was going to be installing some pressure packages during the year. Maybe MOS looks at some that fits that role better than Hall.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Fantastic...Set a new mark for the biggest blown lead in CFL playoff history, make one of the dumbest decisions in CFL playoff history, and sing kumbaya by the fire with everyone after the fact for the foreseeable future. :rolleyes:

Is that true? If so, I would find that surprising. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Fantastic...Set a new mark for the biggest blown lead in CFL playoff history, make one of the dumbest decisions in CFL playoff history, and sing kumbaya by the fire with everyone after the fact for the foreseeable future. :rolleyes:

According to Penton -  "making it the second biggest blown lead in CFL playoff history."

*seems to be some confusion on this....

But no matter. It will be remembered...and that's too bad. The game itself, barring the final result, was a truly fantastic  CFL game that had a bit of everything. 

For me, it doesn't matter when the points are scored, as long as we win. Alas, that didn't happen. We were one play away...

Edited by Mr Dee

I think they are... I'm just not sure if they were used to the best of their ability at times. 

Example: First half vs BC... pressure and getting sacks 

2nd half: not so much. 

Is it the players who got it done in the first half or the way they were used in the second half.