"Major" CFL Announcement Tomorrow

TrueBlue

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

That isn't the announcement.

I had heard that it was to announce the CFL Combine is moving to Regina (which it is) but this seems more like an announcement for the league, not the city so I'm curious.

You high?

Regina is the CFL, and the CFL is Regina!!!

I had heard that it was to announce the CFL Combine is moving to Regina (which it is) but this seems more like an announcement for the league, not the city so I'm curious.

You high?

You high?

20 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I wondered if it was that...basically said that there's a CFL sanctioned LGBTQ2 party during GC Week in Toronto....that was talked about this morning. Is that what the major announcement is/was??  It's cool and all, and good for the league, but doesn't really seem like THAT big a deal...

I have no idea what the F is a LGBTQ2 Party and why would this be big news?

Also the combine in Regina is not huge news at all either.

If they are going to make a claim that it's a massive news release then it would have to be as big as a new CFL team joining the league,  expansion on TV deal,   video game etc...

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I have no idea what the F is a LGBTQ2 Party and why would this be big news?

Also the combine in Regina is not huge news at all either.

If they are going to make a claim that it's a massive news release then it would have to be as big as a new CFL team joining the league,  expansion on TV deal,   video game etc...

A party for Lesbians Gays Bi Transgendered and Queers. Think of it as a gay pride parade type of thing.  

LGBTQ 

Ya. I don't think that's really big news for 98 percent of the CFL fans. 

Edited by Goalie

TORONTO – The Canadian Football League announced today that Saskatchewan will play host to the first ever CFL Week in March, 2017. The week will be capped off with the CFL’s National Combine, where Canada’s rising stars will come together in Regina for the most social and most accessible Combine – for fans and media – in CFL history.

The off-season gathering will also include several major fan engagement events, multi-day media access opportunities to more than 50 prominent CFL players, a Hall of Fame and player Gala Dinner at the new Mosaic Stadium, a coaches’ media junket and a new passing showcase tournament featuring several of Canada’s top university football programs.

“We are excited to be bringing the largest-ever CFL off-season gathering and party to Rider Nation,” said Jeffrey L. Orridge, CFL Commissioner. “This is about giving fans more Canadian Football events and engagement with our brand in the off-season each year. This is also about providing sports media more access and content opportunities to today’s biggest and rising stars.”

For more information and tickets to the inaugural CFL Week, please visit cflweek.ca.