"Major" CFL Announcement Tomorrow

TrueBlue

I'd actually be very interested in the combine this year.... Can't remember the last time the Bombers had 2 top 5 picks (assuming we keep both)... I believe that's how it works:

1. Wpg (via Tor)
2. Sask
3. BC (via Mlt)
4. Hamilton
5. Winnipeg
6-9 TBD

EDIT: I lied...I can remember... it was 2011 when we took Muamba (1) and then went off the board to take can't miss prospect Jade Ettiene (4)...

Edited by bearpants

6 hours ago, bearpants said:

I'd actually be very interested in the combine this year.... Can't remember the last time the Bombers had 2 top 5 picks (assuming we keep both)... I believe that's how it works:

1. Wpg (via Tor)
2. Sask
3. BC (via Mlt)
4. Hamilton
5. Winnipeg
6-9 TBD

EDIT: I lied...I can remember... it was 2011 when we took Muamba (1) and then went off the board to take can't miss prospect Jade Ettiene (4)...

Say what you will about Jade, but in the grand scheme of things technically we traded him for the 2017 first overall pick.

I have a very reliable CFL source that has told me that this has nothing to do with the Grey Cup or combine. I have it on good authority that the CFL has adopted a relegation system similar to the ones seen in European soccer. Regina and Toronto will be relegated to the CIS for next year, and will be replaced by Laval and the University of Saskatchewan. Apparently, the CFL governors were unanimous in there support of keeping the competitive level of the league at it's highest. Welcome Huskies and Rouge et Or!!!

Edited by gcn11

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Something to do with the LGBTQ stuff. Orridge on Twitter has been going on about something to do with the LGBTQ community.

I wondered if it was that...basically said that there's a CFL sanctioned LGBTQ2 party during GC Week in Toronto....that was talked about this morning. Is that what the major announcement is/was??  It's cool and all, and good for the league, but doesn't really seem like THAT big a deal...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I wondered if it was that...basically said that there's a CFL sanctioned LGBTQ2 party during GC Week in Toronto....that was talked about this morning. Is that what the major announcement is/was??  It's cool and all, and good for the league, but doesn't really seem like THAT big a deal...

I wouldn't consider it to be important enough to have a possibly televised PC for it tho.