Around The League Off Season Discussion

From 3downnation today:

Last winter, I did a story on an American player who had decided to stay in Canada over the off-season. There were a number of reasons why but this was the poignant one.

“I feel safer here. When I go back to the U.S. I always have to give a glance over my shoulder. I’m not saying that you don’t have racism in this country but I don’t feel like a black man here. I just feel like a man.”

I thought about that conversation last night as news of Joe McKnight’s shooting spread across the league. The reaction ran the usual gamut: shock, anger, disbelief, sadness, grief.

28 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Which was the reason for Franklin's earlier tweet* to Warren Moon. Sounds as if Mr Moon OR someone similar has advised Franklin to a certain extent. If they're talking...then there IS a number Franklin has in mind. Surely he has an idea of his value, and his desire to be a #1. If the two thoughts can co-mesh, and the Eskimos are willing to pay...

But what is that number? And would he be satisfied toiling behind Reilly until his next injury? 

On the other hand, should Edmonton strike while the interest has peaked? They could reap some rewards by trading him.

This off season will be the best!

* ("@WMoon1 hey Mr. Moon, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to get your advice on some personal CFL decisions I'll be needing to make soon?")

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Manslaughter??  Didnt he stand over his prone body and say "I told you not to mess with me" before emptying his clip into him??

even if that was true, manslaughter is probably the correct charge since intent comes into it. I mean they might be able to pin murder on the guy, but manslaughter is a charge that is much more likely to stick. 

Can tell you that @REDBLACKS asst GM Brock Sunderland as been told by @MTLAlouettes ownership that he will not be hired as GM.

At this point, can also tell you Danny Maciocia is not in negotiations with @MTLAlouettes and has only had one formal convo.